Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 12, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #29,043 of 64,184
OK, I'm back with some more intersting KZ nuggets.

The EDR1 vs EDR2. How do they differ?

I personally prefer the EDR1. FR measurements aside, it just sounds better to me. I will go as far as saying it sounds as good as many hybrids, and even better than some as well. All for $4, shipped to your door. If you like genres that sound good with a v-shaped tune (rap, EDM, modern pop, etc), you won't possibly believe that you just paid $4 for sound this good…
Unless you want them swum from China you have to go whole hog and splurge on the shipping. Just under $10 with e-packet for 2 pair. And since they're so good and cheap who wouldn't want a 2nd pair?

In fact I'm waiting on my pair of them from your suggestion awhile back about sweat-proof earphones. You suggested that at a cost of about $4-$5 why not get a few pairs of the EDR1 or EDR2 and that I would go through a half dozen sets before I equalled the $30 cost of some other options. So that's what I did. Took the EDR2 I had with me when exercising and ordered 2 backup pairs. With the number of times I've snagged the cable already I'm sure I'll be replacing them soon enough. I'd be way more upset if I just ruined a $30 pair than a $5 one.

Mar 12, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #29,045 of 64,184
Then, can You please post Harman target response curve meant for IEMs? Would like to see differences. Sorry, I don`t have time to do research atm.
Imo, doesn`t matter, FR target is still what hits&enters our ears/eardrums.
The NAD Viso HP50 offers the flattest compensated curve on Tyll's implementation of the Harman target (below about 6k, anyway). I will have to listen to my HP50 and compare to the ZS5 in the upper mids and lower treble...

First Test of Estimated Harman Target Response Curve on Various Headphones | InnerFidelity.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #29,046 of 64,184
FYI, if you still want to space out the eartip on the new one that has the lip, you can use an oring (like from a keyboard).

You can also take an old silicone eartip (or a size you don't use), flip it inside out, trim a section of the core off, and use that as a spacer.

Good advice as always. Thanks Slater.

Slater is talking about these o-rings for Mechanical Keyboards that you can buy on eBay; 120pcs for $1-2USD shipped from China, or $4-5USD(marked up) from here in the USA. I've been using them and they work great and easy to replace :L3000:
9928993_l.jpg

ahh, this new site is hard to get used to.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #29,048 of 64,184
any instructions how to it... I am not satisfied with KZ zs6 red it sounds weird too me... Kz es3 sound much better too me

Slater provided the instructions a few pages back. It's really simple. Just buy some M2 washers and replace the metal nozzle screen with it. Use laser bond glue to keep it in place. While you're at it, you can glue one of the BA shut if you find the treble too strong as well.

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #29,049 of 64,184
Here's the FR measurements.

Sorry, my FR app doesn't overlay the graphs. I'll have to do it manually in Photoshop later. If you download them to a computer and flip between the graphs, it will be very apparent. You can also click on the 1st photo, and use the arrow keys in the browser to flip back and forth to see the differences quite easily.
Nice graphs, what coupler / mic do you use?

Mar 13, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #29,051 of 64,184
Mar 13, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #29,052 of 64,184
And if anyone is interested...Auvio wide-bore ear tips are on sale @ Radio Shack - Set of 2 tips (4 pieces) for $1 USD. Search for "replacement tips"

Mar 13, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #29,055 of 64,184

Users who are viewing this thread

Back