1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. vladstef
    So, according to that video, BAs don't have tubes? Risky I'd say and I don't think that anyone is making multi-BA IEMs without them (unless it's 1 or 2 in the nozzle).

2. Comebackboy
    I just bought the ZS6, but I feel that the bass is a little too strong for me. I was previously running with the ZS5v1 and Fiio E6, but unfortunately I lost that setup (left my whole damn pouch in a cab), so I had buy the ZS6 to tide me over until the ZS10 drops. Any EQ suggestions? I've been tinkering with the EQ, just seeing if anyone has any suggestions.

Also, the new silver cable looks and feels so much better than the previous plasticky one. I'm impressed.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  3. Otto Motor
    KZ Cables and three-button remotes

My ZS5 v1 came with a three-button remote. My ZS6 came with a one-button remote, and so do the current ZS5. The three-button remote appears to have disappeared from KZ earphones.

Any upgrade/downgrade cable doesn't come with any remote/mic.

Did the early ZS6 ever come with a three-button remote?

4. bsoplinger
    So the ZS10 = ZSR but with a crossover?

5. Comebackboy
    ZS10 has 5 drivers per side, 4BA + 1DD

6. Slater
    Are these really good tips or something? Never heard of Auvio.

7. Slater
    Don’t know how accurate the video is, but it only showed 30095 BA drivers. If there’s going to be (4) 30095, the ZS10 is going to have a treble spike the size of Mt. Everest.

8. Podster
    LOL, that's just wrong Buddy:astonished: You know good and well you have set the standard for KZ modding:wink: I know you are really kidding with that Grrr and I can't wait until you get your hands on a ZS10:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So since I can't read Chinese can someone break those down for me, am I seeing like 8 BA's and a big drum DD?

rayliam80 and groucho69 like this.
  9. Saoshyant
    It’s the in store brand, and were highly recommended a couple years back.

Slater likes this.
  10. Slater
    If you don’t want to mess with EQ, and want to change the tuning via physical methods, the ZS5 v2 is extremely similar to the ZS6’s sound overall. The ZS5 v2 has less bass than the ZS6, because the bass vent hole is twice the diameter on the ZS5.

Note that the ZS5 v2 will sound different than the ZS5 v1 you had previously though (as mentioned, the ZS5 v2 sounds close to the ZS6).

If you’re handy with a drill, you can enlarge the bass vent on the ZS6 to match the size on the ZS5. Otherwise, the ZS5 v2 would be the ticket.

11. Podster
    I use them on just about anything that does not work with Starlines, I wear the larges (mediums have the blue sleeves) with the green sleeves:beerchug:

Ah Ah Auvio.JPG

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    rayliam80 likes this.
  12. bsoplinger
    I guess I wasn't clear, my comment was about the video where it shows the 30095 BA then at about 35 seconds zooms out to show it with another BA and a DD. I guess that they could double up on the BA to make a 2x2 grid of them (and shove that whole mess into the nozzle?) but that wasn't what the video implied. Perhaps KZ is very proud of their 30095 BA so that's why they showed just it. Or the other BA is not made by KZ so they didn't want to mention it? Even with a crossover to make 2 of the BA play midrange and the others highs it seems odd to use the same model for different ranges. @Slater perhaps it'll get the nickname of 'the ski jump' or 'Mt Everest' for that 4x30095 treble spike :smiling_imp:

13. Slater
    Cool, I’ll give some a try.

I do some IT consulting for a Radio Shack. I’ll ask the owner to factor some tips into my pay :)

rayliam80 likes this.
  14. bsoplinger
    What tips are those?

15. Podster
    Refer to @rayliam80 post on page 1937:wink: THX for the tip Ray, buck is a great price:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

rayliam80 likes this.