Kirosia has ordered a Zune HD, please show pics and say nice things to comfort him
Dec 31, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #91 of 108
Hmm.. my Iaudio has noticeably more bassy (in a good way) than the Zune, even though there's less clarity and space overall. I hope they add a good custom EQ to the zune, the presets stink.

EDIT: It seems all this time I had the "MachBass" effect at maximum.

Jan 2, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #92 of 108
Quote " Kirosia has ordered a Zune HD, please show pics and say nice things to comfort him"

I say sell the Zune HD if you dont like it and use the money to buy a Teddy Bear.
biggrin.gif

Teddys never complain, and are always there when you need them, and will love any music player you have no matter what.
I think you should name him George.
wink.gif

Jan 4, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #93 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty much. Guess I'll have to take my changes with a regular screen protector or an invisible shield. Otherwise the Zune is never gonna leave my bedroom.

i'm not sure what you guys do with your players when you are out and about, but i've been using my zune HD 32gb platinum from the day it was released until last week without any case besides when it is in my man-bag. then i use this:

Amazon.com: Slim and Sleek On-the-Go Soft Case and Sonic Alloy Earbuds - Scratch and Drop Protection - for Zune HD and Zune HD Accessories: Electronics

i just bought an incipio feather, not because i needed it, just cause i was bored and needed to order something for the zune and just in case i dropped it which is possible. i have knocked the zune from my grip before, but the very first time the headphone jack was so clicked in, it didn't go anywhere and i quickly grabbed it. so this thing is pretty darn safe if your headphones are on or inserted, the player is so damn light, if it slips your grip, the headphone jack will keep it in.

i commute every day to manhattan from jersey city, bus to subway and then a walk, and i just make sure i have a spare pocket with nothing abrasive in it to jam my zune into, just so it doesn't rub against keys or coins or a lighter, etc.. and i have flown to numerous cities for work and listened to the zune a ton on these trips, all without a case most of the time, as it is mostly in my pocket, with no issues.

the thing is in pristine shape after months of just being in my pocket. nary a scratch. these are not made of glass people. these are pretty hardy players. just don't put them in a pocket with keys and the such and they will be fine.

oh and don't sit on it. but that should be obvious.

but if you are keeping your PORTABLE mp3 player indoors because you are so paranoid it might get a scratch on it, just stick to speakers and a large home stereo system.

Jan 4, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #94 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote " Kirosia has ordered a Zune HD, please show pics and say nice things to comfort him"

I say sell the Zune HD if you dont like it and use the money to buy a Teddy Bear.
biggrin.gif

Teddys never complain, and are always there when you need them, and will love any music player you have no matter what.
I think you should name him George.
wink.gif

I already have a teddy bear named Ange, who I'm pretty sure wants to kill me. I don't feel like having to keep both eyes open when I sleep.

Quote:

but if you are keeping your PORTABLE mp3 player indoors because you are so paranoid it might get a scratch on it, just stick to speakers and a large home stereo system.

Oh I'll take it out, it's just I'd prefer some sort of protection. I have pondered just going commando but... I dunno, I'm weird.

Jan 5, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #95 of 108
Quote:

I already have a teddy bear named Ange, who I'm pretty sure wants to kill me. I don't feel like having to keep both eyes open when I sleep.

Oh I'll take it out, it's just I'd prefer some sort of protection. I have pondered just going commando but... I dunno, I'm weird.

But maybe George can stay up all night to make sure Ange doesnt kill you.
I dont think Teddys hybernate in the winter, so youd finally be able to keep both eyes closed instead of sleeping 50%.
If Ange tries to attack you, George can beat the stuffings out of him!!!
wink_face.gif

I hope there are no NikonGod style pictures of you and Ange lurking anywhere.
eek.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #96 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope there are no NikonGod style pictures of you and Ange lurking anywhere.
eek.gif

Nothing of the sort, though I do have this

AngeFace-1.jpg

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #97 of 108
Quote:

Nothing of the sort, though I do have this

AngeFace-1.jpg

I shall have nightmares for life.
Reminds me of a murder movie.
Good for the heart.
Everyone needs one good scare per day for good circulation.

Jan 9, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #98 of 108
Couldn't get the invisi shield on proper, would end up doing more damage than good. Might go beater route.

AngeZune.jpg

AngeZune2.jpg

Jan 9, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #99 of 108
Quote:

Couldn't get the invisi shield on proper, would end up doing more damage than good. Might go beater route.

AngeZune.jpg

AngeZune2.jpg

Didnt that bear work at Starbucks?
ph34r.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #100 of 108
If it's any motivation, if you know anyone with expertise in this subject, zuneboards is trying find a way to load android OS onto the zune :] Android Volunteer Signup - ZuneBoards maybe they dont have all the resources but maybe someone here can help them? it's worth a shot :]

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #101 of 108
^ Would there really be a point? The Zune HD only has 128mb of ram, which is on the low side of smartphone tech. And when they found a way to put android on a WinMo device, it required the deletion of the original OS. WinMo has many more hackers than the HD, and the entire thing is still in it's infancy. I'm personally for the idea in regards to the Zune, but it just doesn't seem plausible.

Jan 11, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #102 of 108
DOS
ph34r.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #103 of 108
If they can really hack the zuneHD then they should be a way to partition the internal memory for RAM? or is that not how it works?

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #104 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Green Zune in Sandy Vintage Noreve Case -

Sorry the pics are from my iPhone. For a leather flip case, it is surprisingly thin and you can take off the pin in the back and add one for a clip. They are a little pricy, but there aren't many great options. I won a 100 buck gift certificate to Noreve so I will be using that to buy a case for my iPhone + the upgraded metal clip.

I might actually be considering a noreve, it's either a flip case or waterfield suede jacket for me. Is the case so tight that it scrapes/scratches the sides or back of the Zune during installation/removal? I watched a review on the ipod one, and the guy it was way too tight and damaged the player.

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #105 of 108
No it does not damage the player when putting the Device in and out of the case. I got the iPhone case on the way as I won a 100 dollar gift certificate from them. Oh and also the upgraded metal clip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back