JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Nov 13, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #811 of 1,764
No, not the DBA-02 , DBA's brother the CK10 .. she said the CK10, keeps her busy 90% of the time. ( she sure has a long list of sold IEMs )

Point taken, for the DDM tip choices while auditioning. thank you.

Nov 13, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #812 of 1,764
Interesting, thought she couldn't stand the highs on the CK10.  Women.  
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #813 of 1,764
Waiting for your impressions @ singh

I am so confused for my next IEM purchase .

FX 700 vs UM3X / UM3 ??

Or just HJE900 will do the job ??

Nov 22, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #814 of 1,764
Quote:
Anaxilus said:

rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Let me correct that for you since you decided to leave out the other half of my comment...

Quote:
Anaxilus said:

Interesting, thought she couldn't stand the highs on the CK10  after more than a couple of hours of continued listening.Women.  
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

I posted that the highs were fine up to a couple of hours. Anything more that would be fatiguing. But I'm okay listening in shorter bursts these days so it's not a problem any more.

Nov 22, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #815 of 1,764

Quote:
Quote:
Anaxilus said:

rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Let me correct that for you since you decided to leave out the other half of my comment...

Quote:
Anaxilus said:

Interesting, thought she couldn't stand the highs on the CK10  after more than a couple of hours of continued listening.Women.  
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

I posted that the highs were fine up to a couple of hours. Anything more that would be fatiguing. But I'm okay listening in shorter bursts these days so it's not a problem any more.

ksc75smile.gif

Nov 24, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #816 of 1,764
Hi james... you mentioned at the beginning of this thread that you enjoy the FX700 with electronic music... does it have more emotion than the IE8?(with electronica)

i'm really thinking about pulling the trigger on these JVCs, as they're considered the best dynamic IEM.

Nov 24, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #817 of 1,764
^ It has significantly more emotion IMO. I like the IE8 but it's overall rather laid back and relaxed, except for the midbass boom. The FX700 have better defined bass and more forward highs, therefore electronic music sounds easily more exciting to my ears. Hope you can live with their low isolation though, it's noticably less than on the IE8.

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #818 of 1,764
[size=x-small]Hi James and others,[/size]
[size=x-small]Wow I am so torn now between the victor fx700 and the fad sb (the ortofon q5 is a distand runner up). I know these sound different but then I was a big fan of the ie8 because it was so involving and then lovved the monster turbine copper because it was so neutral but played everything still so well.[/size]
[size=x-small]In the end I sold the ie8 because, besides the HUGE soundstage and involving music it was just too bass dominated, the mids were too laid back and the whole sound was just too warmish.[/size]
[size=x-small]I guess I should really buy BOTH the phones that are on the top of my list. Unluckily they are not at all cheap. I was wondering how is the fit with the fx700 and the isolation? What material are they made of? I do suppose that these are jvc's top iem?[/size]
[size=x-small]Greetings, Anouk,[/size]

Nov 30, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #819 of 1,764
Hi Anouk, fit shouldn't be a problem with the FX700, but because of their vents isolation is less than average. IME just sufficient for bus and train, but not for noisier surroundings like a subway. I wouldn't recommend them as your main IEMs if you plan to use them for commuting, but apart from that they are excellent phones. Best timbre with strings and acoustic instruments I've heard. Huge soundstage. Their housing is made of wood and you're right they are JVC's best and most expensive IEMs. Still, as my main IEMs I'd pick the FAD SB over the FX700 due to better isolation.

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #821 of 1,764
I think buying them from a japan site and using a forwarding service seems to be the cheapest at ~310$. Seyo-shop is another good option and sells them for 340$ plus shipping.

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #822 of 1,764

Hi Anouk, I know Dimitri sells them because I asked a couple of days ago as well when I ordered my ortofons. He has an open box one which he uses for display for $329 US and brand new for $389
Quote:
Hi everyone,
Anybody know where I can currently get the jvc fx700 the cheapest. I am trying to check with Dimitri if he sells them but I dont think he has jvc. If someone wants to sell me their fx700 than that is great too of course.
Greetings, Anouk,

Dec 6, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #823 of 1,764
Hi, Thanks for this info. ooooh this is tempting. My credit card wont like me though! I have owned a full size jvc and thought it soudned pretty damn good, their top model although I forgot the name now. One rocking headphone. Well, I think if Dimitri has them then that settles it, I cant seem to find them used. I am not sure if I will keep both fad sb and the jvc but at least this way I will be able to compare them. This means I will probbably have them for at least a month because I would want to compare them from a decent source (which I dont consider my iphone to be) and that will have to wait till I get my ibasso d12. Nice to be back in the head-fi mess though! Greetings, Anouk,

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #824 of 1,764
hi all im a long time reader and finally decided to join today. id like to share my experience with the victor fx700 since i got them a few days ago. first of all the bass is just plain awesome. soundstage is very airy and huge. mids are a step up from the fx500 (which was veiled to my ears). highs are energetic but not to the point of being sibilant. these babies really mimics the sound of some full size cans ive tried. i just wish the cord was a little bit longer lol! ok back to enjoying music with these babies

Dec 8, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #825 of 1,764
^ Hi, congrats and welcome to Head-Fi. What a great debut, going for the best DD IEMs I've heard! I agree cord length is a pita, but apart from that and weak isolation these babies have no real weaknesses IMO. Oh and awesome choice of nickname btw.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back