JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Dec 8, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #826 of 1,764
thanks i actually had the radius ddm a few weeks ago but sold it to my friend the moment i heard these. isolation is not a deal breaker since im almost always at quiet environments. the timbre is so addicting 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 8, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #827 of 1,764
Congrats @  mywallethurts. Yes, the timbre is something special indeed with the FX700!! Enjoy!

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #828 of 1,764
Mine will arrive in a few days,I'm listening to the Clear M6 until then,I need more bass with all this good dance & house music! =))
So far,I've owned the Denon C551,Sennheiser IE7 and now Meelectronics M6...the IE7 got stolen =(
I wonder how big of an upgrade these will be ^^
Can't wait! =D

Dec 13, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #830 of 1,764
They arrived.
At first I was a little disappointed with the sound.I kind of expected more.I had a feeling I couldn't get a good fit.
Then,I tried them over the ear,and that was that! They poped right in,the full sound was there,bass, everything.
So far I am very satisfied with the sound.

To me,their only bad points are a short cable,bad isolation and the cable itself doesn't look too firm or resilient...hope it lasts. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #832 of 1,764
It's been a long time, but, alas, the semester has come to an end, and I'm back here again, after a few months. And I have also finally, on today, received my 2nd amp, the arrow gen 3.

Have anyone commented on how the FX-700 sound with the pico slim and the arrow?

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #833 of 1,764

Quote:
It's been a long time, but, alas, the semester has come to an end, and I'm back here again, after a few months. And I have also finally, on today, received my 2nd amp, the arrow gen 3.

Welcome back!  I'm so curious to hear the Arrow 2g v. 3g.

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #834 of 1,764

Quote:
Quote:

Well, I actually don't have the 2g...Seems like Robert delayed my shipping of amp and sent me the 3g instead. Let's say now for initial feeling on my jh16, the arrow 3g has some magical treble going...the pico slim has a warmer feeling to it. But what makes it really so loveable is that it doesn't pop when you turn it on (arrow doesn't have a turn on button anyway), and it doesn't crackle when you plug in the earphone, all of which happen on the pico slim. After one more exam tomorrow I will be able to do some listening on the fx-700, and we will see how it goes.

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #835 of 1,764
Now that is interesting.  Robert said the 3g would have better treble.  Its quite coincidental you noted the treble quality first and foremost in your post and being less warm than the Pico.  NOW I'M REALLY CURIOUS!!

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #836 of 1,764
I just put my order in on the upgrade from 1G to 3G, and added a USB/DAC cable onto the order. Can't wait. Awesome to hear the report about the nicer treble.... now I'm really looking forward to receiving the newer one. I think I'm hooked on Robert's audio products. 

Dec 13, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #837 of 1,764
I have a 2G I think (the 1st HE version), just paid for a 3G upgrade. Now what?

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #838 of 1,764

Hey koonhua90 buddy!! Good to see you again. Guess what? I've entered the custom IEM world. Checkout my initial impressions on the 1964EARS thread. Start with post 364. Hope the semester went well for you!! 
beerchug.gif
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Well, I actually don't have the 2g...Seems like Robert delayed my shipping of amp and sent me the 3g instead. Let's say now for initial feeling on my jh16, the arrow 3g has some magical treble going...the pico slim has a warmer feeling to it. But what makes it really so loveable is that it doesn't pop when you turn it on (arrow doesn't have a turn on button anyway), and it doesn't crackle when you plug in the earphone, all of which happen on the pico slim. After one more exam tomorrow I will be able to do some listening on the fx-700, and we will see how it goes.

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #839 of 1,764
It's nice to see a familiar face back again koonhua90 :) I guess now that the semester is over it's time to spend more money..I take it that your earphones are still doing it for you without much of an itch to get more stuff although you do have a JH16 :p

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #840 of 1,764
[size=x-small]Hi everyone,[/size]
[size=x-small]Thanks to James444 I am now able to try out the jvc fx700 without actually having to buy it. This is a first for me in my 2.5 years of being into the headphone game and I am truly grateful.[/size]
[size=x-small]I must say first that I simply love the case of the jvc fx700 it just feels so nice and classy. They fit pretty comfortably for me and their isolation level is better then I expected but then I always insert my iems deep. They fit VERY wel,l with the tips that came on them by default although I dont know if these are the tips that they come with by default. I also love the fact that you can wear the cable over the ear which is my preferred method. I nearly dont feel them in my ear but i still feel that they fit securely and wont just fall out. The extremely short cable is a pain though.[/size]
[size=x-small]I will be listening to these and the final audio design sb from my computer with ibasso d12 amp/dac. I will comment on the sound more later.[/size]
[size=x-small]Greetings, Anouk,[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back