JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Nov 11, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #797 of 1,764
Oh my!! The FX700 loves Nirvana!! Especially Nirvana coming out of the uDAC with the Panny HJE900's large blue tips on it!! "In Bloom" and "Lithium" sound freakin' incredible!! That is all!! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 11, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #798 of 1,764

Quote:
Oh my!! The FX700 loves Nirvana!! Especially Nirvana coming out of the uDAC with the Panny HJE900's large blue tips on it!! "In Bloom" and "Lithium" sound freakin' incredible!! That is all!! 
beerchug.gif

Stop it!  

Nov 11, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #799 of 1,764
LOL @ Anaxilus, it's time for the FX700s to get a little bit more love again!!

Nov 12, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #802 of 1,764

Quote:
^ x2, the FX700 are still among my very favourites. If worn under my bluetooth headphones they even have decent isolation.
wink.gif

I think that's cheating in terms of isolation :p It also defeats the portability factor of earphones.

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #804 of 1,764
Quote:
Novel idea, which headphones are those?

JBL Reference 610. Not that bad for a bluetooth headphone, but of course no match for the FX700.

Quote:
I think that's cheating in terms of isolation :p It also defeats the portability factor of earphones.

Agreed. But quite comfortable for commuting in cold weather. In the office you can take them off and still have your in-ears.

Quote:
I've been eyeing these Peltors for such use for a while now.  29db of attenuation.

... and sexy as hell.

Nov 12, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #805 of 1,764
SOrry but i was afraid to bump this thread, as i thought there might be some reason for it lying dormant for a while ...:p.
I have gone through the thread completely and indeed they seem perfect for me . i dont mind the lack of isolation as long as the sound quality is good.

the Deciding factor for me is soundstage and airy touch to the music (kind of like my AKG K702 give me ).

Bass must be of good quality(quantity does not bother me ...I can live with any amount as long as the its textured and not bloated) .  the treble must be sparkley. mids good in line with the rest.

I did not quite liked the TF10 because although the bass was good(perfect as i sometimes say) and the soundstage depth was good , i found them lacking in width and the airy feel i yearn for. So till now as much going through this thread ...i have found that FX700 suit me perfectly ..they are the only IEMs that i have read about that give airy touch like the open cans give.( they are open IEM !).

I hope i am covered with the sources i have for these - the HM602, s:FLO2 and Maverick DAC/AMP .(synergy wise)

Will post my impressions as soon as i get my FX700

Nov 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #807 of 1,764
Based on what you have written @ singh, I think you will love these JVC wood blocks. Like I've said before, I wear them out and about all the time, and the no outside noise bother me enough to take away from the glorious sound!!

Quote:
SOrry but i was afraid to bump this thread, as i thought there might be some reason for it lying dormant for a while ...:p.
I have gone through the thread completely and indeed they seem perfect for me . i dont mind the lack of isolation as long as the sound quality is good.

the Deciding factor for me is soundstage and airy touch to the music (kind of like my AKG K702 give me ).

Bass must be of good quality(quantity does not bother me ...I can live with any amount as long as the its textured and not bloated) .  the treble must be sparkley. mids good in line with the rest.

I did not quite liked the TF10 because although the bass was good(perfect as i sometimes say) and the soundstage depth was good , i found them lacking in width and the airy feel i yearn for. So till now as much going through this thread ...i have found that FX700 suit me perfectly ..they are the only IEMs that i have read about that give airy touch like the open cans give.( they are open IEM !).

I hope i am covered with the sources i have for these - the HM602, s:FLO2 and Maverick DAC/AMP .(synergy wise)

Nov 13, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #808 of 1,764

Quote:

Hello singh, no there's nothing wrong with the FX700. I think they'll be excellent if you like soundstage and airiness. The only other IEMs I've heard that come close in sounding almost like full sized open phones are the Radius DDMs. These might also be worth looking into as a less pricey alternative, but design-wise they are an acquired taste
tongue.gif
Still, worn with a very loose seal they are almost up to the FX700 in sound quality and even slightly more generous in soundstage and airiness.

Nov 13, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #809 of 1,764
I have bought them ( form soozieq ) they are on the way from UK to india ...i doono when they will reach me. (she sent it on 8th)

Hmm, so you say , DDM has better soundstage and airiness, Ok will audition it a friend has them. i Was hoping these to be my universals with the 262s( both are unique) , customs can match , as now i will go for customs.(cause there are some things BAs can not match) , I hope i like these. :)

am looking forward to the FX700 !

Nov 13, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #810 of 1,764
^ From soozieq?! So this philandering woman has sold off her FX700 - I had a vague premonition of that, once she started flirting with the DBA-02. 
wink.gif

Anyway, congrats on your purchase, and regarding the DDMs try them with the smallest tips that will stay in your ear. They should barely touch the inside of your ear canal. With the Radius I use tips that are 2 sizes smaller than my usual ones! Plus, try them to wear over-ear (even though they'll make you look like Mickey Mouse). IME the soundstage is even larger this way.

That said, the FX700 also sound better with a loose seal, but you know that already. Looking forward to your impressions!
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back