Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Sep 6, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #2,296 of 11,345

Quote:
End Game indeed.

I read b0wl1ng's posts about these cans while waiting 2 weeks for D7000's to be shipped. His enthusiasm got me to cancel my Denon order and I'm so glad I did. These are more than what I was hoping the D7000's would be, for 1/10th the price. Add one more convert to Team Ortho.

IIRC, D7000's are manufactured by Fostex right?
Also, I hope they get back in stock soon, I really want to try this.

If for some strange reason it sounds better than the D7000, I might just kill myself.
Are these really the giant killers they're proclaimed to be when modified?

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #2,297 of 11,345
Just ordered these :) ! Can't wait, although one problem! Can't decide which Amp and Dac or Amp/DAC to get. Does anyone have any suggestion around the 200-300$ region that would have good synergy with these headphones?

Thanx.

/ Niklas

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #2,298 of 11,345

Quote:
Just ordered these :) ! Can't wait, although one problem! Can't decide which Amp and Dac or Amp/DAC to get. Does anyone have any suggestion around the 200-300$ region that would have good synergy with these headphones?

Thanx.

/ Niklas

WHERE did you order these?!@ Where?! Please share! Who has them?! ^^

They are a transparent Headphone amps can be colored (to your preference) So really any amp will do. Try to get something with a little authority though..

Please share. Where did you find these at?!

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #2,299 of 11,345

Quote:

Thanx.

/ Niklas

I'm using the E7 with these decently. The E7 is capable of driving these fine, but I don't feel as if it's pushing these to their potential.

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #2,300 of 11,345

Quote:

Thanx.

/ Niklas

Don't tell me you ordered these from PerformanceAudio, they don't list if their items are backordered.

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #2,301 of 11,345
No, I live four miles from Performance Audio, Salt Lake City. (They only have two locations and both are in Utah, Great store btw).
They have 17 on order, but are in the middle of Fostex USA's distributing list. Performance Audio may not even receive ANY Early October. Unless I find some T50RP in the dark recesses of some abandoned shop we will not see Fostex T50RP until October 1st. Better nab them THEN because if you don't, YOU WILL NOT get one. Your best shop is B&H photo. Right now FOSTEX distributor of USA has them as 2nd highest priority on their 'order to fill' (so to speak) list.
angry_face.gif

This is after calling and e-mailing the first 13 pages of googlesearch, and I am going to continue my search a bit longer.

What I would adivise:....

1. Do NOT PURCHASE OVERPRICED FOSTEX TRP50. This is at the manufacturers level delay. I fear they are purposely doing this to jack UP the prices.
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif

2. After Fostex fills the next 300 headphones, (this next order) per Fostex "tradition," they will shut down the factory for 1-6 more months, depending on their mood. >.< I am not making this up. This is from the USA distributor.

After this order coming to the US of 300 headphones you will likely NOT see another headphone for quite some time. This is after 7:00 a.m. this morning > 1:41 p.m. of research. Heed my warning. The best thing us headfiers can do is be on the lookout every few days. You will not recieve a TRP50 unless you're vigilant around Sept 29-Oct 2nd.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is from their USA distributor. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Heed well.

LFF, we're all (and I) looking forward to your guide. ; ) May the Orthodynamic force be with you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Keanex: consider yourself very VERY lucky.
popcorn.gif
smile.gif

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #2,303 of 11,345

Quote:
Oh, I do. I also consider myself very lucky that LFF is willing to collaborate with me =)

^^ All of my hate. :*******( You should really get a loaners going, because that'll happen sooner than the time we actually might be able to get one. :****((( The distributor is "quite sure" Early October, but could even be late october. Preorder through Full compass/and or B&Hphoto.

Anywho, I'm doing more dirtywork right now, I might have found a mole.

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #2,305 of 11,345
VIOLA! I have done eet my sweet! And it was right under my nose this whole time.

Do not ask me why: the USA distributor doesn't know this
confused.gif
either. >>

Full compass has 11 Pre orders so far. You can pre order by phone. They ARE receiving 20 headphones Sept 13,14, or 15. (This must have been a stray order?!)

The only reason I found this out on this call was because the young man I was talking to was a DJ, and he's interested in these phones as well. *facepalm*. The cans should be at my doorstep the 18-20th. *sigh of relief.*

You can call full compass and pre order T 50RP over the phone. Do it now because 11 are spoken for and only 20 are coming in. Godspeed.

Sep 6, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #2,307 of 11,345

Quote:
bleh..you got me all paranoid now

I contacted B&H to do a preorder now..

Did Fostex stop producing the T50RP?

It just seems that everyone can't keep them on the shelves.

EDIT: Me and Keanex should be paid for this advertising
tongue.gif

But, good thing they aren't HOTM. They are truly worth anything.

Sep 6, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #2,308 of 11,345
Haha I think it's more the amazing modders that are really making these fly off the shelves. I plan to have my LFF modded T50RP before Halloween with over 200 hours of burn-in by then. Claims have been made at them being comparable to LCD2, if that is true I feel my poor Ad900 may be shelved.

Sep 6, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #2,309 of 11,345

Quote:
Haha I think it's more the amazing modders that are really making these fly off the shelves. I plan to have my LFF modded T50RP before Halloween with over 200 hours of burn-in by then. Claims have been made at them being comparable to LCD2, if that is true I feel my poor Ad900 may be shelved.

My claims.

I've been shelving my HD598 for a while because of my T50RP's

I did compare the two. I guess I might need to do a post for this. But the LCD-2 on the same system is just a hair, JUST A HAIR, better.

But, I have to say:

Results May Vary

I think my sound is because of my handmade pads.

Sep 6, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #2,310 of 11,345

the LCD-2 on the same system is just a hair, JUST A HAIR, better.

Here's what someone told me in PM a little while ago: "I find the T50RPs as my favorite headphone, even after my first headphone meet that I went to yesterday. I listened to the high-end LCD2 and Sennheiser HD800, though found out the term "high-end" is very subjective. If I treat the T50RP like "high-end", it certainly delivers. It's funny, because my T50RP surpassed all the dynamic 'phones in the $400-500 price range that was present at the meet, and I even preferred my T50RP over the HD800"

Of course, he went all the way through the mods...earpads, akasa, newplast, yada yada
heja1.gif

The good ole' legend that if you treat the HD650 like a $1K phone, it will deliver endlessly very much applies to the T50RP as well. Feed it w/ a crystal clear beefy source and prepare to be stunned. Personally, I've always been a mono-headphonus guy and that's not gonna change anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back