Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Sep 7, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #2,326 of 11,345

Quote:
Please share those simple mods. A simple step by step maybe :)

At the moment the mods are staying privileged as I want to enter them in Tyll's competition. Still haven't decided though.....

Sep 7, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #2,327 of 11,345
Poor LFF haha. I will say one mod that LFF overlooked is a comfort in the headband. I plan to do a simple mod for that and possibly "hippie" out mine by making a tiedye padded headband, after LFF graces mine with his mods :wink:

I hope you feel better though LFF, perhaps it was you who gave my gf the cold which is now coming to me?!

Sep 7, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #2,328 of 11,345
On the subject of amping the T50RPs, and this is just my opinion and experience I feel that a decent neutral and transparent solid state amp creates by the best synergy with the Fozzies.
I have ran them through my home set up and through desk top tube and tube hybrids, they really begin to sing though when hooked up to my Meier Stepdance portable amp, this is a very neutral and transparent amp, a gem truth told.
I run it in 9v and 15v mode, the Fozzies do love the extra juice, soundstage , air , and more depth across the whole spectrum is achieved.
In response to an earlier poster (Denon), I have owned all of the D series at some point, my personal favourite has always been the D5000, however the Fostex are a superior headphone, again this is my personal opinion but I have sold my treasured D5000s to a fellow headfier as they were just gathering dust and the only set of cans I,m interested in wearing is the Fostex T50RP.

Sep 7, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #2,329 of 11,345

Quote:
Poor LFF haha. I will say one mod that LFF overlooked is a comfort in the headband. I plan to do a simple mod for that and possibly "hippie" out mine by making a tiedye padded headband, after LFF graces mine with his mods :wink:

I hope you feel better though LFF, perhaps it was you who gave my gf the cold which is now coming to me?!

LOL! Thanks for the wishes.

I do plan to mod the headband once I get back on my feet. I do have an idea of how to do it though....

Sep 7, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #2,332 of 11,345

Quote:
In response to an earlier poster (Denon), I have owned all of the D series at some point, my personal favourite has always been the D5000, however the Fostex are a superior headphone, again this is my personal opinion but I have sold my treasured D5000s to a fellow headfier as they were just gathering dust and the only set of cans I,m interested in wearing is the Fostex T50RP.

I had the d2000's a while back, and the T50's solve the problems I had with the mids of the Denon. Also the T50 is more musical. The presentation of the d2000 is just flat out boring.

Sep 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #2,333 of 11,345
I ordered mine from frontendaudio and they still say shipment is arriving on 9/9.  I hope that's the case.

Sep 7, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #2,334 of 11,345

Quote:
I ordered mine from frontendaudio and they still say shipment is arriving on 9/9.  I hope that's the case.

Ha! I hope that's the case.. Call and have them check - (With their vendor and get the word from FOSTEX's mouth.)

That info is old and is what their website defaults saying when they're out of something... at least that's what they told me when I called... (the front end audio techie.) Not to burst your bubble, but you better check around and be 105% sure, or you're not getting a headphone. (I've been where you're already...)

The ONLY  vendor I know of for sure that's getting some any time soon is Full compass. And when I called two days ago 11 out of 20 were already 'reserved/spoken for.'

I think they're not getting some until early October earliest. Better call Front end and check. If you can't get any from Full compass, (call them first as their shipment IS coming in on Sept - 13th) then B&H is your best bet that I know of...

They are next in line, (and ordered 70% of the total order from Fostex to the US... Like 200 headphones or something). The Fostex distributor gets these about Sept 15, but B&H doesn't get them from the distributor until early October.... And THEN you have to wait for them to get to your door. Realistically, you're not looking at a T 50RP on your doorstep until mid October with B&H shipping... Oh, and what if you miss FOSTEX next USA order which is usually MONTHS apart.. Then you're 100% screwed. I say buy from Full compass, pay the **** $8.00 priority shipping, have a wonderful pair of Fostex at your door by Sept 18-19, and be done with it, but that's just me. If you see differently, then trust me, goodluck.

Lately these headphones have been very frustrating for people at Head-fi. (ASK "Zammykoo", he's been searching. for. weeks.) I decided to sit down on a stick, and go get my headphones.

and THEIR (B&H's) shipment comes in Sept 30th, or Oct 2nd. which is a long way off all by itself. Better set your pre-order / reserve now or I doubt you'll get one.. This is coming from someone who spent half a day (and I got some great leads/insight too
wink_face.gif
) looking.

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #2,335 of 11,345
^ I have not been searching that long. I've placed my order less than a week ago at PerformanceAudio, then they notified me it was back ordered. Not exactly "searching. for. weeks."

If you read my post again, I said a month ago I noticed BHPhoto was out of stock. Before hand I've been contemplating whether or not to buy them, which means I didn't want them that bad.

You seem to like to blow things out of proportion, especially in this thread.

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #2,336 of 11,345
You seemed like you've been interested for awhile because you mentioned BHP being out of stock and then placing an order at Performance Audio over a certain period of time?..

I just put two facts together and came up with "he must want these headphones." I apologize if I gathered the wrong impression from the posts.. It's just that if a guy posts two posts that point to wanting the headphones and he's been tracking down the headphones and placing orders on the headphones, wouldn't that kind of lead anybody (or myself) to think you wanted the phones?..

My post was not dissaccurate according to the statements available, I apologize. Lol

But since now it's blown out of proportion.... who really blew that out of proportion? I was adding facts man that you posted.... Uhm, sorry. I just did the research for you... AND shared it... Maybe a quick thanks would be appreciated.. Sorry you feel falsely represented..

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #2,337 of 11,345

Quote:
Admittedly I assumed You'd been searching for awhile... because you posted a vendor was out of stock.. I apologize, ^^ Although all the info pointed that way. That's not really blowing things out of proportion...

You seemed like you've been interested for awhile since you mentioned BHP and Performance Audio... I just put two facts together and came up with "he must want these headphones." I apologize if I gathered the wrong impression from the posts..

Apology accepted. Lets not assume so much about others' intentions
wink.gif

To further my story, at that time I was debating between getting the t50rp or the dt770. I chose the dt770 and bought them. I figured the t50rp would be my next purchase and that was about a week ago when I placed my order at PA after knowing BHP was out of stock.

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #2,339 of 11,345

Quote:
Has there been anyone here that has heard some modded ones and still prefer the stock untouched ones?

.... I would like to know this also

Stock are pretty horrid, even for their price level.

Modded,
eek.gif

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #2,340 of 11,345
Quote:
Has there been anyone here that has heard some modded ones and still prefer the stock untouched ones?

NOPE

Might just be me, but there was something about the stock version that was like being punched in the gut. Some combination of a really forward lower midrange and their congested sound just didn't sit well after a while.

The leeperry mod still sounds very similar to stock, but clears up the weird resonances and congestion. Hard not to prefer it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back