Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Sep 8, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #2,358 of 11,346
Someone hijacked my orthos after some minor tweaks: 1 pair of pleather pads + blutak
L3000.gif
<- can we have some ortho headbanging smiley? :D
Almost there!

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #2,361 of 11,346
Ha! I hope that's the case.. Call and have them check - (With their vendor and get the word from FOSTEX's mouth.)

That info is old and is what their website defaults saying when they're out of something... at least that's what they told me when I called... (the front end audio techie.) Not to burst your bubble, but you better check around and be 105% sure, or you're not getting a headphone. (I've been where you're already...)

The ONLY  vendor I know of for sure that's getting some any time soon is Full compass. And when I called two days ago 11 out of 20 were already 'reserved/spoken for.'

I think they're not getting some until early October earliest. Better call Front end and check. If you can't get any from Full compass, (call them first as their shipment IS coming in on Sept - 13th) then B&H is your best bet that I know of...

They are next in line, (and ordered 70% of the total order from Fostex to the US... Like 200 headphones or something). The Fostex distributor gets these about Sept 15, but B&H doesn't get them from the distributor until early October.... And THEN you have to wait for them to get to your door. Realistically, you're not looking at a T 50RP on your doorstep until mid October with B&H shipping... Oh, and what if you miss FOSTEX next USA order which is usually MONTHS apart.. Then you're 100% screwed. I say buy from Full compass, pay the **** $8.00 priority shipping, have a wonderful pair of Fostex at your door by Sept 18-19, and be done with it, but that's just me. If you see differently, then trust me, goodluck.

Lately these headphones have been very frustrating for people at Head-fi. (ASK "Zammykoo", he's been searching. for. weeks.) I decided to sit down on a stick, and go get my headphones.

and THEIR (B&H's) shipment comes in Sept 30th, or Oct 2nd. which is a long way off all by itself. Better set your pre-order / reserve now or I doubt you'll get one.. This is coming from someone who spent half a day (and I got some great leads/insight too
wink_face.gif
) looking.

I ordered mine three weeks ago and they confirmed it via email a couple of weeks back. I'm hoping they're being honest.

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #2,362 of 11,346
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you guys know that Full Compass Audio has these in stock. I just ordered mine, and the sales agent (Darin -- nice guy) said mine would get processed today. 

-Marvin

EDIT: i'm told they have 6 pair remaining

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #2,363 of 11,346

Quote:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you guys know that Full Compass Audio has these in stock. I just ordered mine, and the sales agent (Darin -- nice guy) said mine would get processed today. 

-Marvin

EDIT: i'm told they have 6 pair remaining

I ordered a second pair for myself

It's less likely to see the drivers distort on the T50RP then a bear attack
But I've been attacked by a bear before......

I ordered a back up pair regardless.

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #2,364 of 11,346
I have to say that these definitely sound a bit better through my new iBasso D-Zero compared to the E7. The D-Zero is providing more juice really bringing these out a bit. I definitely see how they're more mid-centric as you described now BotByte.

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #2,365 of 11,346

Quote:
I have to say that these definitely sound a bit better through my new iBasso D-Zero compared to the E7. The D-Zero is providing more juice really bringing these out a bit. I definitely see how they're more mid-centric as you described now BotByte.

Hey, can you take a comparison pic of the D-zero and T50RP?

I've been meaning to see the size, but haven't had the chance of getting it in my hands.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, stock they are purely mids all the way. No way around that. It's nice for some, great for acoustics, but horrid for anything else. Too much sweets gets to your stomach, ya know?

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #2,366 of 11,346
Full compass must have gotten their shipment in a few days early! Hooray! Since I already had one on pre order Mine's already been shipped to my address!! I'll have it on Wednesday.

Congratulations everyone who got one!

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #2,367 of 11,346
i was tempted earlier but didnt want to go through the hassle of cancelling my order with B&H and also i won't be home for a while so can't really get it in the mail since no one is home :p

I hope I get mine eventually but no rush since I really like my current headphones.

Sep 8, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #2,368 of 11,346

Quote:
Hey, can you take a comparison pic of the D-zero and T50RP?

I've been meaning to see the size, but haven't had the chance of getting it in my hands.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, stock they are purely mids all the way. No way around that. It's nice for some, great for acoustics, but horrid for anything else. Too much sweets gets to your stomach, ya know?

I have a comparison picture of the D-Zero with the E7, it's definitely smaller than the E7 by a noticeable margin in the pocket. It's a bit slimmer. I'll post it soon.

Sep 8, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #2,369 of 11,346

Quote:
I have a comparison picture of the D-Zero with the E7, it's definitely smaller than the E7 by a noticeable margin in the pocket. It's a bit slimmer. I'll post it soon.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back