Just got the Koss Portapro - I wasted $30.00
Jan 25, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #46 of 105
The KSC75 has a titanium coating on the diaphragm that makes them a bit different from the Portapro drivers. As far as I know the KSC35 is the uncoated version.

A lot of the sound actually comes from the clip/headband. If you clip KSC75 drivers into a Portapro headband they sound noticeably different compared to they way they sound with stock clips.

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #47 of 105

Quote:
The KSC75 has a titanium coating on the diaphragm that makes them a bit different from the Portapro drivers. As far as I know the KSC35 is the uncoated version.

A lot of the sound actually comes from the clip/headband. If you clip KSC75 drivers into a Portapro headband they sound noticeably different compared to they way they sound with stock clips.

sounds like the sound is also dependent on how close the drivers are in relation to your ears

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #49 of 105
Portapros and KSC75s sound similar but they are not the same. Portapro presents details better. KSC75 on the other hand, something seems to be missing. I've 3 Portapros; the 25th Anniversary, standard and yellow. Even among the 3, to my ears, there are very slight differences. I've to quarter mod the original PPs to match and surpass the 25th Anniversay version. The way it presents the detail in music is just better than the other 2 but the difference is very slight. Have to listen hard for it.

When I listen to the Sportapros, they are just lacking. A bit worst than the KSC 75. Probably due to its titanium coating; giving it a brighter sound. 1 of my KSC75s is attached to my Sportapro headband. The Sportapros are disappointing and are retired.

Many members say they use the same drivers but I think they are different and there are differences in sound. Even the offical specs are a little different.

Jan 25, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #50 of 105
they have the same driver like all the ultrasone HFI line have the same driver, it is the same but its coated and altered.

Jan 25, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #51 of 105

Quote:
I think the praise these receive is usually tempered by the line "for the price." I don't know of anybody on here who uses these as their main headphones--the idea behind such secondary or tertiary headphones is to retain a certain (preferably high) percentage of the performance of their better equipment, but in a cheap, lightweight, knockaround design. That said, if you don't like them, you don't like them. Nobody should be able to force you to think otherwise.

I know of a manufacture that does use them as the main headphone. His amps have been considered some of the best. 

Jan 25, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #52 of 105

Quote:
Quote:
I think the praise these receive is usually tempered by the line "for the price." I don't know of anybody on here who uses these as their main headphones--the idea behind such secondary or tertiary headphones is to retain a certain (preferably high) percentage of the performance of their better equipment, but in a cheap, lightweight, knockaround design. That said, if you don't like them, you don't like them. Nobody should be able to force you to think otherwise.

I know of a manufacture that does use them as the main headphone. His amps have been considered some of the best. 

Then I stand corrected. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #54 of 105
Wow. That's a real bummer. Didn't you say you got these from a seller on Amazon? I'm sure there has to be something you can do.

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #56 of 105

Quote:
Quote:
Wow. That's a real bummer. Didn't you say you got these from a seller on Amazon? I'm sure there has to be something you can do.

I've already contacted the seller and they said I can return them, but I won't get much money back, I think they have a restock fee and I'll have to pay return shipping.

I suggest getting Amazon customer service on the phone. You will have to google for their number they dont make it easy for you to contact them. Explain the situation. They are going to try and tell you that they were not the seller, but that's not very logical since you bought the item on their web site and you paid them. They may have sub contracted the purchase to another vendor but your contract for purchase was with them. Ultimately they sold you a pig in a poke if you got a counterfeit piece of merchandise.

They have some sort of A to Z resolution process that they do to facilitate unhappy customers, I think your situation merits a full refund, no restocking fee, no shipping costs. Give them a call, keep your cool, explain your concern and why you think they should refund your money. Again you bought the product through them and they are the entity that billed your credit card.

Jan 27, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #57 of 105

Quote:
Quote:

I've already contacted the seller and they said I can return them, but I won't get much money back, I think they have a restock fee and I'll have to pay return shipping.

OH HELLLLLLLLLLLL NO, threaten them with the BBB, go ape crap on them. I got fake V-6's from a seller on amazon and went ballistic when they said they wouldn't give me a full refund for their fake product being sold as legit, I got a full refund to.

Jan 27, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #58 of 105
I hope Uncle Erik will weigh in--he'd know what to do a lot better than me. But as I see it, you've got a product you know is fake (assuming your assessment is accurate, and I have no reason to believe that you're mistaken). That has to qualify for more than "restocking," particularly since that would imply that they'll try to send it off to somebody else. There is no reason you should accept anything less than a full refund. It's not that you didn't like the product--it wasn't the product that was advertised. Assuming the company is legitimate, they should be more concerned that they're possibly selling fake products. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt for now but make sure I took the complaint up with Amazon. They will hopefully be able to give you leverage, as no legitimate company would want Amazon to boot them out of their merchant program.

Quote:
Quote:

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #59 of 105

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

OH HELLLLLLLLLLLL NO, threaten them with the BBB, go ape crap on them. I got fake V-6's from a seller on amazon and went ballistic when they said they wouldn't give me a full refund for their fake product being sold as legit, I got a full refund to.

You dont need to lose your cool to get satisfaction The person on the other end of the phone doesnt need your grief. If it's becoming apparent that they dont have the authority to resolve the situation ask for a supervisor. I had an extremely positive resolution on a $100 transaction. Amazon customer service is very accomodating IMO. When push comes to shove they know what time it is. They are the seller even though they are going to try and pass the buck. The bottom line is they advertised a Koss Porta Pro and induced you to make a purchase based on that fact. When they billed your creit card they then assumed the liability for delivering to you an authentic Koss Porta Pro like the one they advertised. It's not your problem if one of their agents provided you with something other than what you ordered. They have a responsibility to either provide you with the item you ordered or return your money.

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #60 of 105

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

You dont need to lose your cool to get satisfaction The person on the other end of the phone doesnt need your grief. If it's becoming apparent that they dont have the authority to resolve the situation ask for a supervisor. I had an extremely positive resolution on a $100 transaction. Amazon customer service is very accomodating IMO. When push comes to shove they know what time it is. They are the seller even though they are going to try and pass the buck. The bottom line is they advertised a Koss Porta Pro and induced you to make a purchase based on that fact. When they billed your creit card they then assumed the liability for delivering to you an authentic Koss Porta Pro like the one they advertised. It's not your problem if one of their agents provided you with something other than what you ordered. They have a responsibility to either provide you with the item you ordered or return your money.

Exactly. Amazon's reputation is on the line here as much as the seller's. And, if you check out that seller's feedback page and look at the response from "Don F." you'll see exactly why Amazon would want to get involved: this person stated he would never buy from Amazon again, even though the defective products he received didn't come from Amazon's stock house. Amazon lost a customer because of a third party's mangling of an order.

And I agree that there's no need to get angry right away. Be polite but firm. Make it clear that you're not going to be pigeonholed or talked away. If you feel somebody is being unhelpful, ask for a superior. If possible, take some pictures of your product and send them and the link to that blog site to whomever is considering your situation. Refer them to this thread, where people have given experienced testimony that the description of your product's performance is not consistent with the general consensus. Often times polite persistence will win out, as nobody involved wants a dissatisfied customer left to share his or her bad experience to others. I'll go out on a limb and say you'll have much better luck approaching this from Amazon's side than the seller's.

Keep us posted on whatever you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back