Just got the Koss Portapro - I wasted $30.00
Feb 26, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #95 of 105

Quote:
Why not just buy them from koss? Amazon.com? Maybe someone LIKE them if they dont ship international. 

Those are in the US. Need international post to Australia.

Just bit the $40 bullet in the link I posted previously, looked clean enough for me; after comparing the notes on fake packaging the images shown do look original.

I put "I hope these are not fakes" in the sale message.

Feb 27, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #99 of 105
I paid more for the 25th anniversary edition, as I was afraid of fakes and I felt those fancy packed units might be less likely to be faked.

I listened to them briefly, loved them and carefully packed them away as a NOS investment.  I like them as much as my PX100s, they sound the same to me, both very engaging - the PPs more spritely and the PX100s more smoother, yet they share the same balanced signature.

Go Go Porta Pro's!

Feb 27, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #100 of 105

Quote:

There should only be an aesthetic difference.

Edit: although this says differently.

To my ears, there is a difference. The way the 25th version presents details is better and more precise than standard PPs but having said that, the difference isn't big. You have to listen for it to tell the difference.

Feb 27, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #101 of 105

I also have the 25th anniversary Porta Pros.  Having owned the original Porta Pros, I can say that I've not noticed any difference in the sound quality whatsoever.  I do prefer the look of the 25th anniversary Porta Pros, though - much cooler, imho.

For the price, the original Porta Pros cannot be beat.  If you're looking for an open headphone for 'round the house with the iPod, or for outdoor activities, look no further.  If you're looking for isolation, look elsewhere.

Mar 18, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #104 of 105
I just got a pair for my daughter because she's gone through a few pairs of the sennheiser PX 100 II's.  I broke them in for a day.  To tell you the truth we prefer the sound of the Koss PortaPro over the PX100 II's.   The listening experience seems to be far more engaging with the PortaPro than the PX 100 II's.    Nice price also!

May 11, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #105 of 105

Quote:
... To tell you the truth we prefer the sound of the Koss PortaPro over the PX100 II's.   The listening experience seems to be far more engaging with the PortaPro than the PX 100 II's.    Nice price also!

Same experience. I have owned the PX 100 II and the PortaPro is much, much better to my ears. It even responds well to amplification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back