Just got the Koss Portapro - I wasted $30.00
Jan 24, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #16 of 105

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
... Personally, I find the KSC-75 (same as Portapro but without the headband) very entertaining for the money ...

[size=medium]

I have been thinking about getting one, but i already have the ksc75, and comments like this stop me. they do look comfortable tho.
[/size]

porta pros?...the headband rips chunks of your hair out no matter how short they are :p

lol, my hair is curly and kinda long ...  you just remind me the AKG K1. somebody described it as "being scalped"

1000x500px-LL-55737e4f_IMG_5683.JPG

damn...wth is that.... >__> imma call it...the scalp ripper...

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #17 of 105

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
... Personally, I find the KSC-75 (same as Portapro but without the headband) very entertaining for the money ...

I have been thinking about getting one, but i already have the ksc75, and comments like this stop me. they do look comfortable tho.

porta pros?...the headband rips chunks of your hair out no matter how short they are :p

lol, my hair is curly and kinda long ...  you just remind me the AKG K1. somebody described it as "being scalped"

1000x500px-LL-55737e4f_IMG_5683.JPG

damn...wth is that.... >__> imma call it...the scalp ripper...

lmao ya i don't care how good those sound i will avoid those thank you very much.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #18 of 105
If I'm not mistaken, that picture came from the vintage headphones thread. Without actually having ever worn it it's hard to say, but I nominate the K1 as my entrant in the Most Uncomfortable Headphone in the Universe contest.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #19 of 105
lack of strain relief too..tsk tsk tsk, kinda reminds me of a slinky/fence?

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #20 of 105
So what should the OP do? Anybody want to offer any alternatives? Perhaps something from that "[number-keeps-changing] Portable Headphones Compared" thread at the top of the Headphones forum?

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #21 of 105
IDK...portapros are pretty bassy to start with...also, I'm kind of surprised that cheapy auvio's have more bass than portapros. perhaps a pair of akg K81/518 

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #23 of 105

how about the pioneer se m390 headphones. they sound amazing for the 50$ to 60$ price tag.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #24 of 105

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I thought these were supposed to sound good. They do not. Maybe I got a fake pair.

Where did you buy them from?

I bought them from a seller on amazon, A1Accessories (they're in GA). I seriously am somewhat convinced my portapros are fake. How can I tell though?

A1 accessories...they were the ones selling CX500's for $30...CX300's usually go for $60 from a authorized sennheiser retailer...hmmmm 

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #25 of 105
On the other hand, the PortaPro usually retails for around $30, so the price was right about right. I think it's more likely you just don't like the PP (yes, I'll use that abbreviation). It is a pretty old design, notable more because back then even good headphones sucked, and the PPs didn't suck quite as much, than because it was a pinnacle of sound in its own right. If they're anything at all like the KSC75 I briefly auditioned, then they're likely decent and nothing more. And, if you don't like the sonic signature, probably not even that.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #26 of 105
honestly, it's been so long since I've used portapros...they were my first open/semi open phones, anywho, they are considered to be equivalent to there arch nemesis, the PX100's and those weren't bad by anymeans

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #27 of 105

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, that picture came from the vintage headphones thread. Without actually having ever worn it it's hard to say, but I nominate the K1 as my entrant in the Most Uncomfortable Headphone in the Universe contest.

yes. i like to follow that thread, some beautiful things come out in there from time to time.

Quote:
So what should the OP do? Anybody want to offer any alternatives? Perhaps something from that "[number-keeps-changing] Portable Headphones Compared" thread at the top of the Headphones forum?

what's the price range?

i suggest him to sell me the porta pros at 10$. :D
and then describing us what does he want from his headphones

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #29 of 105
The new version of the PX100 moved into a double wide, so to speak, as it's quite a bit more expensive than (though evidently much improved over) the original model. In fact, minusblindfold, you might like the PX100 II if you felt the PP bass was lacking. The Senns are supposed to have that warm, dark thing going on, with satisfying bass for an ultraportable.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #30 of 105

Quote:
The new version of the PX100 moved into a double wide, so to speak, as it's quite a bit more expensive than (though evidently much improved over) the original model. In fact, minusblindfold, you might like the PX100 II if you felt the PP bass was lacking. The Senns are supposed to have that warm, dark thing going on, with satisfying bass for an ultraportable.

oh, yeah, i used the original PX100's for a while, the PX100's are more or less the same, you must be talking about there older sibilings, the PX200/ii's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back