JH Audio JH-3A
Nov 16, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #1,322 of 2,681
Sorry, just to clarify. JH3-a has the electrical input/output that will support different voltages right? Using adaptors is kind of annoying but not TOO much of a hassle. 

Quote:
Universal adapters w/ a whole range of plugs can be had for 10-15 bucks.  A little disappointing that it's not universal, but doesn't mean there isn't a way around it.

Nov 16, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #1,323 of 2,681

Quote:
 I don't believe in cables as some do on this forum at all in terms of changing the sound signature, but this is different:  The JH3A is actively tuned for the EXACT phases measurements.  I will suspect that using TWAG or some aftermarket cable which changes both the length and medium would require *slight* adjustments - I actually doubt you will hear night and day differences between the stock cable and a TWAG (talk to Jerry he knows best!).

I never said it wasn't true, just that the reasoning was faulty. The electrical properties of the cable will affect the signal phase for different frequencies. The length itself will not affect anything noticeably. Humans do not have that kind of aural resolution.

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #1,324 of 2,681

Quote:
Quote:
 I don't believe in cables as some do on this forum at all in terms of changing the sound signature, but this is different:  The JH3A is actively tuned for the EXACT phases measurements.  I will suspect that using TWAG or some aftermarket cable which changes both the length and medium would require *slight* adjustments - I actually doubt you will hear night and day differences between the stock cable and a TWAG (talk to Jerry he knows best!).

I never said it wasn't true, just that the reasoning was faulty. The electrical properties of the cable will affect the signal phase for different frequencies. The length itself will not affect anything noticeably. Humans do not have that kind of aural resolution.

Agreed.

Nov 24, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #1,325 of 2,681
So I just called over to JHAudio. I am leaving for Argentina for 2 weeks and will not be back until the 2nd week of December. I wanted to make sure the JH3A was not going to be shipped and laying at my door outside. Remember according to the last update of 6-7 weeks it would have put us in the 1st to 2nd week of December. Well the guy said I had nothing to worry about as these things would definitely not be going out in 2 weeks. When then? Anyone else have any more insight?

Nov 24, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #1,326 of 2,681

Quote:
So I just called over to JHAudio. I am leaving for Argentina for 2 weeks and will not be back until the 2nd week of December. I wanted to make sure the JH3A was not going to be shipped and laying at my door outside. Remember according to the last update of 6-7 weeks it would have put us in the 1st to 2nd week of December. Well the guy said I had nothing to worry about as these things would definitely not be going out in 2 weeks. When then? Anyone else have any more insight?

I was just at JH Audio two days ago and Jaime gave me the impression that it was about a month out.  I ended up just ordering straight JH16s because we agreed that a JH-3A wasn't really a good "Portaphile" solution.  I had hoped to get to test one but they didn't have a demo unit available at the factory.  Gonna wait til he comes out with something the size of a Pico Slim myself...

Nov 24, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #1,327 of 2,681

Quote:

I fear too, we are going to see another delay.  This really really stinks.  I thought the product was done.  My guess is they can't get a run of manufacturing that week OR the first run had bugs. 

Anyone else?

Nov 24, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #1,329 of 2,681
This may seem like a stupid question, but does the JH-3A have a battery, and if so, how long does it last?

Nov 24, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #1,331 of 2,681
I told you it was a stupid question. 
tongue.gif

Nov 24, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #1,332 of 2,681
Quote:
Quote:

I fear too, we are going to see another delay.  This really really stinks.  I thought the product was done.  My guess is they can't get a run of manufacturing that week OR the first run had bugs. 
Anyone else?

i spoke to them a couple of days ago and they were talking about it being shipped by xmas.  we'll see....

Nov 24, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #1,333 of 2,681
I really need it shipped by the 17th (I need it by the 20th). Keeping my fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back