JH Audio JH-3A
Nov 8, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #1,291 of 2,681
Also moon audio will have one.

But I still have doubts, if Jh-3a will be tuned for your specific pair of headphones with stock cable,  what  will be effect of aftermarket cable? It can even completly ruin all tunning?

I read that Jh-Audio used TWAg cabvle on their test pairs on RMAF, I will try to ask Jhaudio if they recomend it also for Jh-3a.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 8, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #1,292 of 2,681
Good question and I have no idea but would guess that Craig will only offer it if he believes that it brings improvements

Nov 8, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #1,295 of 2,681
I didn't mean a delay. Just another posted update that they are on track.  It's a nice confirmation. 

Quote:
That's not a delay, that is 1st or 2nd week of December as per the original slip.  So in other words, we are still on time.  I would expect my JH-3A to arrive before Christmas.

Nov 10, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #1,297 of 2,681
Quote:
no one has posted the exact dimensions, though there is a photo in here somewhere of an iphone 3rd gen in what looks like an ottorbox on top of a jh3a, which helps give you an idea.   basically the jh3a is every so slightly longer, same width and about twice as thick as a 3rd gen iphone... 

i got the following info from JHA:  [size=medium]4.7755 (L) x 3.1743 (W) x 1.1736 (H).[/size]

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #1,300 of 2,681
According to the JH Facebook page, there will NOT be an EU compatible power adapter supplied... so I hope that they do NOT send one that will just get put in a draw and forgot about, a waste of resources.... it would be better allround if the unit was supplied with a universal adapter like the ones Apple use on their laptops, just a different plug to fit the country that you are in, after all, the unit is supposed to be portable and supposed to be for proffesional musicians.... who travel... quite a lot in my experience. Be interesting to see what  happens...
Mike

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #1,302 of 2,681
A replacement cable should be just fine provided it's the same length. Jerry mentioned to me at CanJam that changing the cable length would require slight tuning adjustments.

Nov 11, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #1,303 of 2,681

Quote:
A replacement cable should be just fine provided it's the same length. Jerry mentioned to me at CanJam that changing the cable length would require slight tuning adjustments.

The bold section above is something I have never heard before. I guess this is specific to the JH3-A and not all cables, aftermarket or otherwise? Otherwise the great cable debate would have a new firing point. Any insight or info regarding this from anyone else would be appreciated and good reading.
Cheers 

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #1,304 of 2,681
Quote:
The bold section above is something I have never heard before. I guess this is specific to the JH3-A and not all cables, aftermarket or otherwise? Otherwise the great cable debate would have a new firing point. Any insight or info regarding this from anyone else would be appreciated and good reading.

yeah, i too thought that was interesting when i read it, though i didn't comment at the time. Adam, did Jerry say more about this and why it should have an effect?

Nov 11, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #1,305 of 2,681

Quote:

yeah, i too thought that was interesting when i read it, though i didn't comment at the time. Adam, did Jerry say more about this and why it should have an effect?

Timing.  The whole point of the active DSP is to precisely control the drivers which includes getting the timing right across the drivers.  If you significantly change the cable length or medium, you might add slight signal propagation deltas which were not factored in when your unit was tuned at JHA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back