JH Audio JH-3A
Mar 14, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #2,673 of 2,681
Well, this is supposed to be the big week... Originally I was told that they would begin receiving the amps in batches of 20 and shipping them out as they get them in the 30 days after 2/17. However, I am assuming that with the input issue they are having, their timetable has slipped by up to another month (!?). Even if Jerry came back with all 100 amps this week, the tuning would still take a while IMO.

Idle speculation at this point....

Any predictions on what we will hear this week? If it does slip again, will anyone be canceling or going with the IEMs only?

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #2,674 of 2,681
maybe all this was just a excuse in the first place as they needid another excuse/reason to delay the release after making yet another promise they knew they could not keep.
we will get a few more dates that will come and go and anyone actually thinking they would get this within the next 3 months at least is dreaming.

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #2,675 of 2,681

Quote:
It just been confirm why admin was so desperate to close this thread
they dont want jh audio being bashed anymore and because of my last message here they banned me
go to the twag v2 thread and see what i post there 2 month ago and even then becoz of those posts they ban me for 2 weeks and i stop posting till now
so even tho admin deny they dont care if you give a sponsor bad feedback that is not true becoz they ban you
it has now happen to me twice becoz i said bad things about whiplash before & now becoz jh audio
i posted here months ago when i first joined with my original account that jh/3a will not release on time and everyone said i was wrong & made bets with me & i was right
this will not release for months just mark my word

If this is the case, I am sorry. As much as I like Head-Fi, the more they rely on adverstising to generate revenue, I am afraid that unbiased reviews and neutrality about equipment issues will go the way of Stereophile and every other high-end audio magazine. This is commerce.

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #2,676 of 2,681
i think this is more about maxjam being a spewer of battery acid than an accurate reporter of bad experiences with vendors. virtually all of his posts have been vituperative and have not contributed to the discussion. if vendors mistreat customers this does get reported here. but ugly speculation with only negative intent is worse than worthless.

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #2,677 of 2,681
I agree with daveDerek. What good is it going to do if we just keep complaining? It's not going to make it get here any faster. They gave us most of the information that we need and they know just as much as we do. They are trying their best. Keep in mind its their first time doing something like this. I'm no entrepreneur but I would suspect that its not as easy to release something in this scale especially if you have to deal with a third party supplier too. Anyways, I miss my jh 16 pros but I'm sure it will be worth it. Just enjoy your other headphones in the meantime. Watching the news in Japan suddenly doesn't make my headphones that important anymore heh.

Mar 14, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #2,678 of 2,681
I think we should focus discussion on the JHA release.  Jerry IS in China and working on the issues.

I am just at a lost on how long it takes to change an optical connector to a coaxial one?   I would *assume* not a whole lot but we will see.

Mar 17, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #2,679 of 2,681
Head-Fi'er DaveDerek just wrote, and asked me to post the following message from him:

Quote:

i spoke to both Jerry & Brittany Harvey yesterday and they conveyed the following info. i was hoping that since it's relevant you could add it to this locked thread so all the (many) interested folks could know about it. thanks! i spoke with Jerry Harvey (he's left China) and he confirmed that the JH3a will have 3 inputs - analog (1/8"), mini-usb, and spdif coax (not optical). 

Mar 26, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #2,680 of 2,681
I just got a hold of a copy of jh3a+jh16a. fits me really well actually, I had to put on a rubber tip from another in ear to make it seal in my ear. my ear hole is a bit larger than the custom shell.

it has since become my favorite to go in office use. I have not heard the newer ones. but this thing is 2009 to 2011 seems like. it's quite marvel of a technology. you can see I been through many gears and this little thing compare really well with all my big cans.

anyone still keeping their copy? I got it for like less than 1/6 the price new. can't complain. even battery holds charges well. I think it's more like a collectible now. seems like the company's very early model and tried hard producing it. don't think there are a lot of copies made. originally was thinking of making some money selling it but after listening to it end up flipping other things lol. too bad the guy didn't find the 3.5mm adapter and seems like the 8 pin XLR it uses is not from this world.

I ran it through a hifiman HM802 using RCA to 3.5mm adapter. Sounds good out of any of my dac really, even hook up to audio-gd ref 10.32 extremely well too. Can't believe it was considered portable back in time. the hm802+ this thing is the size of those brick cell phones from 90s lol.

Mar 26, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #2,681 of 2,681
I just got a hold of a copy of jh3a+jh16a. fits me really well actually, I had to put on a rubber tip from another in ear to make it seal in my ear. my ear hole is a bit larger than the custom shell.

it has since become my favorite to go in office use. I have not heard the newer ones. but this thing is 2009 to 2011 seems like. it's quite marvel of a technology. you can see I been through many gears and this little thing compare really well with all my big cans.

anyone still keeping their copy? I got it for like less than 1/6 the price new. can't complain. even battery holds charges well. I think it's more like a collectible now. seems like the company's very early model and tried hard producing it. don't think there are a lot of copies made. originally was thinking of making some money selling it but after listening to it end up flipping other things lol. too bad the guy didn't find the 3.5mm adapter and seems like the 8 pin XLR it uses is not from this world.

I ran it through a hifiman HM802 using RCA to 3.5mm adapter. Sounds good out of any of my dac really, even hook up to audio-gd ref 10.32 extremely well too. Can't believe it was considered portable back in time. the hm802+ this thing is the size of those brick cell phones from 90s lol.

8 years....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back