JH Audio JH-3A
Oct 24, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #1,246 of 2,681
Swifttal: Nc8000 isnt talking about using standart headphones.

NC8000: From information from jhaudio, I think that every Jh-3a is tunned to unique pair of jh13/16. So if you use it with different pair, you arent getting optimal sound. But this is just my guess

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 24, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #1,247 of 2,681

Quote:
Swifttal: Nc8000 isnt talking about using standart headphones.

NC8000: From information from jhaudio, I think that every Jh-3a is tunned to unique pair of jh13/16. So if you use it with different pair, you arent getting optimal sound. But this is just my guess

Sorry I misread... Yeah that's correct

This was also addressed - the dsp is tuned for each individual earpiece. Now if youre thinking about buying one of each (13&16) for the jh3a, I think if you talked w/ Jerry he would talk you out of this as since the bass is adjustable you can "de-tune" the bass of the 16 to essentially give you a 13's sound signature.

If after this consideration, say if you already have the 13 and still want to get those retrofitted as well as getting the 16 with your 3a purchase... Then the only workaround I see happening is with Jerry giving you the "DSP maps" for both drivers and you would have to load each map yourself on the 3a prior to switching between the 2 as only 1 "map" can be loaded at a time.
-I'm pretty sure he'd talk you out of that one as well though

Oct 24, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #1,248 of 2,681
Thanks for the replys, that was exactly what I was thinking as well but didn't know. I will not be getting one in forseable future as finances are thight but at least I'm well happy with a standard JH13 with TWag and Protector.

Oct 25, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #1,249 of 2,681

Quote:
Quote:

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
Though it would be great if you validated your statement by beginning it with.. i just spoke with Jerry or Brittany or Jamie and they said....  blah blah blah...
Otherwise we can only assume thats where you got your information, but still its nice to hear it so we dont second guess you.

thanks for the update!!   

and might i ad  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!

Jerry was kind enough to send me some email after inquiring about the delays.  They are at the finish line but manufacturing time (I assume) is in the weeks not days.

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #1,250 of 2,681
Anyone know what are the dimensions of the JH-3A?   I sent Jerry an email last week, but so far no reply.  Hopefully it means he's hard at work on getting out the JH-3As!

Sorry if this information is elsewhere, but my cursory attempts at finding the dimensions have been unsuccessful.   Thanks.

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #1,251 of 2,681
no one has posted the exact dimensions, though there is a photo in here somewhere of an iphone 3rd gen in what looks like an ottorbox on top of a jh3a, which helps give you an idea.   basically the jh3a is every so slightly longer, same width and about twice as thick as a 3rd gen iphone... 

Oct 28, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #1,252 of 2,681
At the risk of sounding like a complete noob...(which I more or less am !) will it be possible to connect to the 3a with a SPDIF connection ? I am thinking of the digital out of my iMac or the digital out of the Cypher Labs Solo when that is ready.....Thanks Mike

Oct 28, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #1,256 of 2,681

As I understand it the iMac has SPDIF optical out while the JH-3A has SPDIF electrical in. I have never heard of an optical to electrical converter but naturally that does not mean it does not exist.

Quote:
So I will need a converter from my SPDIF (iMac) to coaxil optical... that would not be a problem, or that expensive. Thanks

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #1,257 of 2,681
Taken from the JH site:

Technical Specifications

1. 2-Channel Analog Input or SPDIF 24/192 Digital
  2. 6-Channel Amplified Analog Output (>100mA per channel)
  3. 3-Way Active Crossover
  4. Digitally Controlled Volume Level
  5. Digitally Controlled Variable Bass Output - 0dB to + 12dB Boost
  6. 32-bit DSP Resolution
  7. Sample Frequency up to 192KHz
  8. 72-bit Accumulators
  9. 300,000,000 MAC/S

So, I think that the amp has an ordinary SPDIF with 24/192 Digital.......  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back