1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

JH Audio JH-3A

First

Back
72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92
Next

Last
  1. wazzupi
    I'm like 99% certain the person that left was just doing the dsp's coding or something like that.... he had nothing to do with the actual making of the jh3a nor do I believe he has any knowledge in the making of these type of products... but someone needs to clarify it again for me and others thanks.

2. Anaxilus

Quote:

The 3A is still transportable.  The LCD2 is neither portable or transportable IMO.  I would have no problem setting up the 3A for a long flight.  Amp in a cargo pocket or jacket.  IEMs and source go wherever you want to put em.  LCD2?  Uh no.

Even if another company developed the DSP based on the work of said individual I would not buy it.  The whole episode would be rather distasteful IMO. 

Quote:

Oh this person was quite critical.  No DSP = no 3A.  It's the whole reason this thing has been so delayed and speculated about.  It wasn't an intern doing the coding it was the software developer for the project.

3. wazzupi

I understand it is critical but you can find a coder anywhere now and days it wasn't like he was special for the project. now if jerry harvey gave up on the device it self and got a 3rd party to make the actual devices..... then i would never buy it lmao.
    Quote:

4. cooperpwc
    Quote:

Why? Correct me if I am wrong, but you don't know what really happened there - and neither do I.

5. Anaxilus

Quote:

Ok, you go find him some random coder so it can be done by the end of the month.  No big deal right?  How can you say he wasn't special for the project?  DSP is all about software and when they left the project stalled.  Now the new coder needs to reverse engineer or start from scratch.  What makes you arrive at this conclusion that the lead programmer for this or any DSP isn't important??  Maybe you could explain.

Quote:

Granted I am operating on assumptions and gut feeling based on the evidence at hand.  What I know is this was developed originally for and as a JH product.  For one reason or another the software developer stalled the project and left.  Perhaps Cypher pulled him out or something more nefarious occurred.  Regardless, silence = consent and till proven otherwise I'll side w/ Jerry's version of events as it makes sense to me in context.  It appears to me a potentially game changing product was held hostage for some reason and not by any preference on Jerry's part.  I think I have every right to have a bias unless something shows otherwise.  [​IMG]

6. singh
    ^ JHaudio has their produt's technology patented right? 

(am not judging about what happend, whatever may be the case)

but at the end of the day i'd like to buy the best product , dont you agree??(....lol that is. if something like that comes in to picture. my eyes are set on JH3A till then, as they are semi-portable desktop quality setup

7. luvs2squizz
    Keep in mind they are probably remolding the earphone when you send it in to take out the crossover, not to mention recabling

8. Anaxilus

Quote:

No, I won't eat fruit from the poison tree if I have a choice about it.

9. singh
    ^ If the tree is poisonous, the fruit will be too.

consider this: sony invented walkman others followed. If you were in that time, will you not buy any other  even if it was better than sony, i mean they STOLE the basic IDEA of portable player.

there is an ethical line for me, no i wont buy a stolen product, i will not buy a product that has shady background . But if the guy sole that much of an idea(or tech for that matter), JH should sue him. if he escapes that ,  I am fine with his developed product. (lol.....again this is if he left to develop that kind of product )

10. Anaxilus

Quote:

Sounds like you are agreeing w/ me and missing my point at the same time.  Noone is saying you should only buy a product from the original inventor.  Bad analogy w/the Sony walkman.  Try not to oversimplify things because it's not simple.  Go buy whatever the hell you like geez.  I have my own standards and if you don't like it too bad, that's not my problem.  If you want to reward bad behavior by being a market whore that's your business.  Just don't complain when this sort of BS happens to you.  

11. singh

well its not simple, i agree( and that tree part was because you used aa bad analogy as well, i understood your point )...you use the analogy to your advantage,i use it to mine (thats the beauty of argument).  but why are you agitated.

BTW that "king of a product" in my last post was actually  "kind of product." :p

12. Trogdor
    Btw you guys are forgetting that the 7 week delay may not be all development time but having to reschedule their manufacturing line.  They are a small outfit and to even schedule a run of high-end products like these will take weeks to happen.  For all we know they are 95% done (just testing) and are awaiting a slot on the production line.  We really don't know.

To this day I am surprised on how this side is able to induce such negativity....I am not even disagreeing with the naysayers...

EDIT:  After contacting JHA, no need to worry at all....

13. Bennyboy71
    Nah, they're probably all still on holiday buying cocktails with your money and can't be arsed coming back.

Quote:

14. wazzupi
    I didn't say a lead programmer wasn't important but you don't find a guy like jerry harvey vs a programmer anywhere.... and if you put it that way trying to finish it in a month maybe not, but regardless no one was using time as a factor at least I wasn't so you kinda through that out there XD I'm saying you can probably find any good programmer to creatte the software for DSP is all.

Quote:

15. nc8000 Contributor

Uncalled for and I'm hoping you just said in jest

Quote:

First

Back
72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92
Next

Last