JH Audio JH-3A
Oct 17, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #1,171 of 2,681

Quote:
really a bad interview: not informative at all.

1. what is JH13?
2. what is JH16?
3. what is JH3A?
< i had a hard time writing these monotonous questions >

i already know all that! not questions about when will they start shipping the JH3A, or has the production started? is the demo piece complete or still in development.
jerry on the other hand answered questions genuinely

I believe they are really close to manufacturing stage.  I *hope* to have mine by Thanksgiving.

Oct 17, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #1,172 of 2,681
heres to hoping Trogdor is correct - any actual intel behind that belief, or just speculation?

the description of the active crossover, and independant bass driver/amp adjustment got my ears all a-flutter... cant wait!!

i am a bit suprised that they are not pushing the jh3a release a bit more.. its kind of buried on their website, its not really featured or talked about much at all.  i guess maybe they see it as a niche item or something. 

i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope my ear molds were good enough.  it would suck like none other to have to get refits and go through that whole ordeal. 

Oct 17, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #1,173 of 2,681

Quote:
heres to hoping Trogdor is correct - any actual intel behind that belief, or just speculation?

the description of the active crossover, and independant bass driver/amp adjustment got my ears all a-flutter... cant wait!!

i am a bit suprised that they are not pushing the jh3a release a bit more.. its kind of buried on their website, its not really featured or talked about much at all.  i guess maybe they see it as a niche item or something. 

i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope my ear molds were good enough.  it would suck like none other to have to get refits and go through that whole ordeal. 

I asked JHA.  They are not that far off from going production as I understand it.  I also think that frankly THATS ALL they are concentrating on right now which is to get the JHA release out ASAP.

Oct 17, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #1,176 of 2,681

Quote:
It's interesting though - if they were close to release then why wouldn't they have theJH3A to demo at RMAF? thought on that? Has anyone there asked why no JH3a demo unit?

My guess is that since they're outsourcing for the software on the active amp vs doing it inhouse - ala with matt- they don't have direct access to a rough draft/beta version or whatever you want to call it like they did before and don't want to mislead by displaying what they had before

But that's just a guess - anyone get first-hand ground truth from Jerry?

Oct 17, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #1,177 of 2,681
Also imagine it might have been a touchy subject to ask Jerry about. Whatever the status is, I'm sure Jerry will deliver an awesome product as usual - just hope the outsourced company didn't over-promise a timeline to Jerry which I've seen happen time and time again.

Oct 17, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #1,178 of 2,681

Quote:
I believe they are really close to manufacturing stage.  I *hope* to have mine by Thanksgiving.

Ha ha, no way. I will bet you a cool, delicious fruit/vegetable smoothie (medium size, no less) that you will be pouring the cold, congealed gravy of further waiting over your Thanksgiving turkey.

Oct 17, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #1,179 of 2,681
I talked to Adam last week, and am hopeful that that that we won't be waiting too much longer. 
smile.gif

Oct 18, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #1,180 of 2,681

Quote:
Ha ha, no way. I will bet you a cool, delicious fruit/vegetable smoothie (medium size, no less) that you will be pouring the cold, congealed gravy of further waiting over your Thanksgiving turkey.

Rofl!  I prefer congealed Liptons Instant mix gravy over Thankgiving Kitty myself. 
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
I asked JHA.  They are not that far off from going production as I understand it.  I also think that frankly THATS ALL they are concentrating on right now which is to get the JHA release out ASAP.

They need to get this thing out first, no ifs, ands, buts about it.  If they get beat to the punch, its gonna hurt...A LOT!  In many ways.  We all know the possibility of that happening is now a real one.     

Oct 18, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #1,182 of 2,681

Quote:
They need to get this thing out first, no ifs, ands, buts about it.  If they get beat to the punch, its gonna hurt...A LOT!  In many ways.  We all know the possibility of that happening is now a real one.     

Haven't been following other IEMs for awhile, is there someone else doing a similar project that may end up coming out before JH?

Oct 18, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #1,183 of 2,681
^ they are saying this b/c the main dude who helped create this new amp technology bailed in the middle of the project.  presumably to go work for someone else.  I'm sure there are others here who have much more info than I do, but thats the gist.

Edit: further comments removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back