JH Audio JH-3A
Dec 10, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #1,396 of 2,681
i would be livid if i paid ... supposed to be done in the end of summer! i hope that it turns out excellent, i know that this team is really putting their all into this product, but i hope that they were able to shrink its size a bit ... at least its an update!

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #1,398 of 2,681

Quote:
I've always thought that this was a non-trivial project. Once you start testing and debugging your DSP code, it can quickly get very expensive to buy test equipment.

Yup.  All due respect to JH but they are running a bit of PR management IMO.  

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #1,400 of 2,681
the full facebook post...sigh..oh well...  but again im much happier to wait than to recieve a buggy product.. now THAT would send me through the roof!

Hi Everyone,

We know you are anxiously awaiting the JH3A-  here's an update;

We just tested the first round of 3As and the low frequency boost potentiometer (pot.) is not functioning as it did in the prototype.  We are waiting to hear from our vendor about how long it will take to resolve this issue.  Otherwise, the amp is working flawlessly.  

Our expectations are to have the amps in house and ready to tune early in the new year.  We know you have been waiting and we appreciate your patience.  We want this product to ship when it's ready and working properly.

Please do not send your IEMs to us (if you are having them modified) until we give notice to do so. 

Thanks guys!

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #1,402 of 2,681
We are waiting to hear from our vendor about how long it will take to resolve this issue.

Our expectations are to have the amps in house and ready to tune early in the new year.  

"Early in the new year" is vague, but I wonder how you set expectations before knowing a fix timeline?

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #1,403 of 2,681
WOW, again !!! ( i mean the delay ) :frowning2:  I myself was eying the V-DAy for the purchase but  :frowning2: darn ....you guys will be getting it then .  i think its time to go  to cans. then these later next year. 

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #1,405 of 2,681
Dec 12, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #1,406 of 2,681

Quote:
Communication is too sparse and vague. I wish it was more frequent and timely. 

Quote:
Quote:
"Early in the new year" is vague, but I wonder how you set expectations before knowing a fix timeline?

Good Question.

What would you have Jerry do?  Tweet updates every day?  We know more than most companies EVER say about their product (Jerry actually stated the EXACT reason for the delay, a manufacturing issue with the pot).

Dec 12, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #1,407 of 2,681
The announcement on Facebook for example should have came at the beginning of the promised/scheduled week to ship, not at the very end.
Do you not agree?  No one expects a constant update, but a more "timely update", at least when deadlines are not met, would have been better appreciated.

Quote:
What would you have Jerry do?  Tweet updates every day?  We know more than most companies EVER say about their product (Jerry actually stated the EXACT reason for the delay, a manufacturing issue with the pot).

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #1,408 of 2,681
It seems funny how JH stated on the last facebook update that instead of 7/8 weeks they are giving a 10/12 week estimated ship date as not to mislead again, but seems thats exactly what they have done.

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #1,409 of 2,681
I honestly regret pre-ordering the jh3a now.... it feels like a myth to me. I have almost lost all interest in listening to music because I spend 1900 dollars *remocks* for this device and it's been over 6 months... and probably another 3 months  waiting jesus christ..

Dec 12, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #1,410 of 2,681

Quote:
I honestly regret pre-ordering the jh3a now.... it feels like a myth to me. I have almost lost all interest in listening to music because I spend 1900 dollars *remocks* for this device and it's been over 6 months... and probably another 3 months  waiting jesus christ..

It's been a perfect storm of the usual hype around newer and better products plus the pre-orders plus the big pricetag plus the big delay which is probably par for the course of something like this coming out.

I'm sure it will sound completely fantastic (just not perfect, nothing's perfect for everyone) when it comes out in a few months and there are some further problems and finally by maybe spring or summer of next year everything is set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back