JH Audio JH-3A
Dec 13, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #1,426 of 2,681

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
3x and I am # 8 on the list....perhaps a jh-13 at their cost?

Quote:
2X

Quote:

If I had to ask one thing of JHA now is that they include something special for the pre-order folks...I don't know what...but something....

That might be a tad too much.

I think they should do something though for those who have waited all this time.

I don't think it's asking too much for JH-13s at their cost. I didn't say free. JH used my money to invest in the JH-3s production.
That would be my suggestion but they don't have to do a thing as there was no agreement when I signed on.

Again that is advertising their COST.  That is a lot to ask.  I like the idea of free 5As.  That is more reasonable.  Again, I don't have a good suggestion (I actually asked about an upgraded case that fits both JH3A and 13/16P etc.).

But I personally think they should do something (of course if Jerry and friends can get it out by Xmas then that would be enough for me).

I assume that you are aware that "at cost" does not mean that they should give them away but rather that they should only charge what it cost them to make the item rather than charge rrp

Lord.  It flew right by you...

When a company gives things out "at cost" it also leads to what margin they make on the item.  A lot of companies would not feel comfortable with that kind of market knowledge leaking out. 

Doh, never gave that bit a thought. Of cause no company would want to divulge that info.

And no, it's never going to happen anyway, so the question is moot

Dec 13, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #1,427 of 2,681
No offense guys, but if a whole conversation is not necessary, try not to octuple-quote. It just takes up a ton of room if you don't trim the quotes.

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #1,428 of 2,681
Trimming is not easy on an iPhone. Sorry to have ruffled your feathers

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #1,429 of 2,681
I think we can have one heck of a product inour hands cause of the dalay !
the bass control was not working ...right ?

i hope they are still trying to improve the other aspects with the extra time they now have due to the DSP section delay !! 

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #1,430 of 2,681
I believe JHAudio's stance is that the problems now are the fault of the companies responsible for that portion, and not theirs -- at least that's the impression I got from a reply to my email asking for a change of order/refund.  No response was made to mentions about requests here / on facebook about a possible token of appreciation.

They ARE still letting you go for a refund though, if you can't wait any longer.  That's what I did, told Jerry I'll make my order a plane-jane JH16 instead.  I'm sure the JH3As are better, but the months of wait have let me research, try and buy a ton of great stereo equipment as well.  Still don't doubt it'll be a great product, but right now I vastly prefer listening over speakers and don't feel the need to sacrifice portability for a moderate improvement in SQ.  A lot of the stuff I listen to are pretty badly recorded anyway so it would have been pretty questionable whether 'increased accuracy' would have done anything.  After buying several sets of recommended 'audiophile-quality cds' I realized the last thing I should be doing is tailoring my music to the equipment.

So good luck and hope the rest of you sticking to your orders get the JH3As in a timely manner.  If you still feel you're obligated to some sort of reward for waiting so long (and I agree there should be something in it for the first-time adopters), I strongly suggest taking it up with them on their facebook page and keep it from getting buried so that they have to react.

Dec 13, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #1,431 of 2,681

Quote:
I believe JHAudio's stance is that the problems now are the fault of the companies responsible for that portion, and not theirs -- at least that's the impression I got from a reply to my email asking for a change of order/refund.  No response was made to mentions about requests here / on facebook about a possible token of appreciation.

They ARE still letting you go for a refund though, if you can't wait any longer.  That's what I did, told Jerry I'll make my order a plane-jane JH16 instead.  I'm sure the JH3As are better, but the months of wait have let me research, try and buy a ton of great stereo equipment as well.  Still don't doubt it'll be a great product, but right now I vastly prefer listening over speakers and don't feel the need to sacrifice portability for a moderate improvement in SQ.  A lot of the stuff I listen to are pretty badly recorded anyway so it would have been pretty questionable whether 'increased accuracy' would have done anything.  After buying several sets of recommended 'audiophile-quality cds' I realized the last thing I should be doing is tailoring my music to the equipment.

So good luck and hope the rest of you sticking to your orders get the JH3As in a timely manner.  If you still feel you're obligated to some sort of reward for waiting so long (and I agree there should be something in it for the first-time adopters), I strongly suggest taking it up with them on their facebook page and keep it from getting buried so that they have to react.

I agree totally. 

Last point:

Jerry says its worth the wait.  I believe him.  Thank you.

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #1,433 of 2,681
I too am getting very irrate with this whole situation.  I can't believe that I payed in June expecting to receive this damn thing end of August.  They were very tricky in that they showed us hardware at Canjam that looked like it was pretty much completed and just needed to be mass produced.  In the past 6-7 months, I too have wandered into the world of stereo speakers (which I'm blown away by)...so I'm starting to wonder if I still want to stick with the JH-3a or not, especially considering the horrible resale value it will have.  In any case, the marketing team has been pretty horrid they should have at least emailed the people that had payed to notify them of the constant delays instead of obscure posts on Facebook.

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #1,434 of 2,681

Quote:

Actually, you're #7 because I got my refund the minute they lost their designer and offered refunds.  I stated that I was upset with Brittany saying "no refunds" at Canjam. It was very business-like and very un-Head-Fi like. Also, everyone here knows that I was not happy when they wanted the money upfront.
Then, when the announcement was made and I called Jamie about the possibility of getting a refund, I got her voicemail in the morning, left a message, never got a call back, and received a check in the mail, 10 days later. They could have at least called me, because I was looking for options. Very cold and business-like. How could they not call me back and discuss it with me. Cold.
I have been with Head-Fi since inception and have always been really happy with most of the big name MOT's that have crossed our paths.

I never made it common knowledge, but in July of 2009, when I placed my order for the JH-13's, I nervously sent in my UE-10's to use for impressions, and got Brittany's personal word, that she would take care of my "babies". 

Well when my JH-13's were sent out to me, my UE-10's were not in the box, and it took a few days for them to find out that they sent my UE-10's to the wrong person. Luckily, it was an honest person and I had to wait for him to ship them from California, to Florida, and then from Florida to NY. When they finally sent my UE-10's back to me, I felt no sincerity about feeling bad about losing them, and they offered nothing to give compensation for what I had gone through. I asked them if they could offer something for the mistake, and they asked me what I wanted?

I wasn't looking for real compensation, just some sign of being sorry for the whole embarrasing affair. So, I said that since they sent out their aviation headsets with alligator clips, and I obtain one for all of my IEM's, "how about an alligator clip"?

A 50¢ alligator clip. Brittany said "sure".

I never got it.

Jerry's work is pure genius. That is why I wanted to support them on last year's and this year's projects. But their business model leaves a lot to be desired.
I figured I wasn't going to say anything in the fall, because I didn't want to hurt their business and have other's start to pull out, but in reality, people are not going to get what they heard at Canjam. It might be better, it might be worse, but it will be different. And they do need work on their info sharing, especially when holding onto thousands, perhaps 100 thousands of other's money. 

My opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

Dec 13, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #1,435 of 2,681

Quote:
Quote:

Actually, you're #7 because I got my refund the minute they lost their designer and offered refunds.  I stated that I was upset with Brittany saying "no refunds" at Canjam. It was very business-like and very un-Head-Fi like. Also, everyone here knows that I was not happy when they wanted the money upfront.
Then, when the announcement was made and I called Jamie about the possibility of getting a refund, I got her voicemail in the morning, left a message, never got a call back, and received a check in the mail, 10 days later. They could have at least called me, because I was looking for options. Very cold and business-like. How could they not call me back and discuss it with me. Cold.
I have been with Head-Fi since inception and have always been really happy with most of the big name MOT's that have crossed our paths.

Aaron, you are a super reasonable guy. I am really shocked Jaimie did not even try to call you about it. I think JHA definitely has a little soul searching to do. The problem Jerry faces now given some of these posts is that the JH3A better be God's gift to IEMs or he is going to have a lot of refunds on his hands. I still have faith he will deliver an A+ product.

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #1,436 of 2,681

Quote:
Aaron, you are a super reasonable guy. I am really shocked Jaimie did not even try to call you about it. I think JHA definitely has a little soul searching to do. The problem Jerry faces now given some of these posts is that the JH3A better be God's gift to IEMs or he is going to have a lot of refunds on his hands. I still have faith he will deliver an A+ product.

Have you ever been stuck on a delayed flight? Stuck on the runway?
The pilot makes an announcement that there will be a short, 15 minute delay and everything will be good.
You can see out the window.
A little car is pulling up and men with toolbelts are walking up to the plane, out of your line of sight.
30 minutes pass.
The pilot makes an announcement about a small mechanical issue that will be resolved shortly, the plane will leave in 30 minutes.
An hour passes.
The pilot makes an announcement to please be patient, mechanics are looking at a small part, should be resolved soon.
Another hour passes. Passengers are restless.

Dec 14, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #1,438 of 2,681

Quote:
Quote:

Have you ever been stuck on a delayed flight? Stuck on the runway?
The pilot makes an announcement that there will be a short, 15 minute delay and everything will be good.
You can see out the window.
A little car is pulling up and men with toolbelts are walking up to the plane, out of your line of sight.
30 minutes pass.
The pilot makes an announcement about a small mechanical issue that will be resolved shortly, the plane will leave in 30 minutes.
An hour passes.
The pilot makes an announcement to please be patient, mechanics are looking at a small part, should be resolved soon.
Another hour passes. Passengers are restless.

Yes JHA's PR skills need improvement.  I think there is overwhelming agreement on this fact.

I do however believe the plane WILL GET OFF the ground. 

I think the tone of some of these posts infer that JHA won't have a product till next Summer which is a bit pessimistic.  Hopefully we see shipments early next Year (first 2 weeks of January).

If you read Jerry's announcement carefully, he said the JH3A is working flawlessly minus the pot.  Take it for what's it worth at this point.

Dec 14, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #1,439 of 2,681

Quote:
Quote:

I never made it common knowledge, but in July of 2009, when I placed my order for the JH-13's, I nervously sent in my UE-10's to use for impressions, and got Brittany's personal word, that she would take care of my "babies". 

Well when my JH-13's were sent out to me, my UE-10's were not in the box, and it took a few days for them to find out that they sent my UE-10's to the wrong person. Luckily, it was an honest person and I had to wait for him to ship them from California, to Florida, and then from Florida to NY. When they finally sent my UE-10's back to me, I felt no sincerity about feeling bad about losing them, and they offered nothing to give compensation for what I had gone through. I asked them if they could offer something for the mistake, and they asked me what I wanted?

I wasn't looking for real compensation, just some sign of being sorry for the whole embarrasing affair. So, I said that since they sent out their aviation headsets with alligator clips, and I obtain one for all of my IEM's, "how about an alligator clip"?

A 50¢ alligator clip. Brittany said "sure".

I never got it.

Jerry's work is pure genius. That is why I wanted to support them on last year's and this year's projects. But their business model leaves a lot to be desired.
I figured I wasn't going to say anything in the fall, because I didn't want to hurt their business and have other's start to pull out, but in reality, people are not going to get what they heard at Canjam. It might be better, it might be worse, but it will be different. And they do need work on their info sharing, especially when holding onto thousands, perhaps 100 thousands of other's money. 

My opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

lots of trouble for sure,but you are not alone.i also had maaaany troubles with them that i said some about it in other threads and other things i didnt say.there was no need to deal with the fanboys or the bias of some headfiers towards jh.
when i emailed them to thank them for the perfect fit of my jh13 after the third time and 5  months of frustration and dealing with their customer service,i said that they can expect me emailing them soon for purchasing their jh3a.within an hour,they replied back to say"Please dont hesitate to contact us for payment for any other product,pleasure dealing with you and hope you enjoy your jh13."(note,that i pay cash and not via paypal.)

ya,they replied within one hour because of what i said but when i previously emailed them 20-30 times regarding my jh13 sitting in their labs for 2 weeks with no one to work on it,or the fact that they send it after the second refit to another country and i were the one that contacted ups in that country 2-3 times(international call) to solve the problem and they told me that the sender didnt contact them for arrangments or for extra fees recquired.12 days my jh13 sitting in another country because jh audio is too busy not to care for their customers although Jaime told me that they contacted UPS.ya right....

communications are as crucial as the product itself,thats why the likes of the wonderful Jack from woo audio have built a name in the audio world because of his excellent communications and customer service and thats why his products are a huge hit.
if i were Jerry,i would defiently seperate between my family and business and hire proffessional people,that care about their customers as they care about the money.

also its very weird of them to collect money for a beta product and not only deposit but the full price.why dont they look  at Ray samuals?he clearly states that he will not receive any money except when the product is finished and ready for delivery.he just takes names on the pre order list to reserve people rights regarding their order on the list and who will receive his amp first.
i dont blame Jerry as i think he is the technical part of the equation,but i blame whom ever responsible for the financial part which i assume Brittany ofcourse.

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #1,440 of 2,681
I have to agree with some points above. 
Good service in any industry now is a standard customers assume, and also merit these days. Customer service is also something that is taught and mentioned over and over again in business schools today. A good example would be the image Apple tries to present itself to customers: firstly the apple stores, then the highly marketed well trained apple geniuses that can help with any problem with your apple product etc. I feel that they should either ramp up their customer service with their existing staff, or hire someone to better deal with customer related issues and customer relations. I'm not saying this in order to get something in return, but simply, that JHA should make their most if not all their customers more secure and informed. I feel like there are mixed bag reactions currently, with some people absolutely satisfied with the service, and also with some people left disgruntled. 

Transparency is what I am personally looking for. Instead of having us wait and check on their progress on facebook constantly (thats what I do with the JH3a), it should be the other way around, be ahead of the customers and inform the customers before they get worried. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back