JH Audio JH-3A
Nov 30, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #1,366 of 2,681

Well.... there is a part on backorder and they are at the mercy of their supplier.  I know this is killing him since the JH3A for all intensive purposes is done.  Guys we just need to be patient here.  Cross two fingers for delivery in the next 2-3 weeks.  Facebook will have the official date AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Thanks for elaborating. I knew something was up. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Christmas...but this reminds me of the HD800 pre-order wait.

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #1,368 of 2,681
On another note, someone mentioned that molds are good for 4-6 months. I had my molds made at JHAudio itself like a year ago as I live relatively close. You guys think mine should still be ok? I suppose worse comes to worse I will drive back again.

Dec 7, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #1,369 of 2,681

Quote:
On another note, someone mentioned that molds are good for 4-6 months. I had my molds made at JHAudio itself like a year ago as I live relatively close. You guys think mine should still be ok? I suppose worse comes to worse I will drive back again.

They may have already used them to make your fit.  I think the 4-6 months is for the mold itself deteriorating.  You will have to JHA when they actually made the housing for them.

Dec 7th....18 days left....

Dec 8, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #1,370 of 2,681
From the looks of things, doesn't seem like there is much chance of shipping this or next week.
It seems like January is more likely. 

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #1,374 of 2,681

Concerning using an IPAD as a source....Would I be able to install Media Monkey on it so I can listen to flac files?

From their site: "MediaMonkey runs on Windows platforms only."

Might be possible with VLC, but I've never tried.

Edit: guess not currently - http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/hands-on-vlc-media-player-for-ipad-review-718362

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #1,375 of 2,681

Quote:
From the looks of things, doesn't seem like there is much chance of shipping this or next week.

Did anyone bet a beer with Anaxilus about this? Because Anaxilus really likes his beer.
beerchug.gif
 Really, really likes his beer.

The intervention for him is next week, btw.

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #1,377 of 2,681

Quote:
Quote:

Did anyone bet a beer with Anaxilus about this? Because Anaxilus really likes his beer.
beerchug.gif
 Really, really likes his beer.

The intervention for him is next week, btw.

It was actually a Peter Luger's Porterhouse this time.  Man, I'm so sick of all the interventions already.  I swear I don't have a problem!  
wink_face.gif

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #1,378 of 2,681
Man the delay is killing me  I can only imagint the uneasyness of the guys who ordered. 
i am very much interested , but i will ony order the second batch ( after reading the reviews ) .
I know its good but, i want to know weather they suot me or not , thus wating for the reviews :) 

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #1,379 of 2,681

Quote:
Man the delay is killing me  I can only imagint the uneasyness of the guys who ordered. 
i am very much interested , but i will ony order the second batch ( after reading the reviews ) .
I know its good but, i want to know weather they suot me or not , thus wating for the reviews :) 

Smart! Excellent.

Here's the absolute smartest: Don't buy until there are reviews that include something negative. The ES5, for example, after a balanced professional review or two, has just begun to have a few more balanced comments from users that include something not entirely positive. It's not to say that most reviews won't be very postitive and even the ones that have a few negative notes won't be mostly very positive, but there's a tipping point where you start to get a few balanced reviews that really let you know what a product sounds like rather than a kind of advertisement. A 100% postitive review is not a review, it's an advertisement and it's untrustworthy. There will be a lot of untrustworthy, hyped things written about any new product, but I think the JH-3A will have a bit more of it, given the brand and new technology and price and, yes, delays--and the fact that it will sound very good. But, nothing's perfect and it'll be nice to see after about 4 months, maybe 5 months, when the first more balanced reviews come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back