JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #9,032 of 10,743
One year out of warranty (yes, my 13s are over 3 years old) and one of my earpieces seemed to have developed a hairline fault. JHA turned it around in less than 2 weeks and didn't charge me a dime; they also cleaned and polished my earpieces and replaced my velveteen pouch.

Yeah, I don't get the hate. They've treated me right every single time -- I've just remembered to be polite and patient and occasionally send a follow-up e-mail if a first try doesn't go through. Thanks Caleb!

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #9,034 of 10,743
Quote:
One year out of warranty (yes, my 13s are over 3 years old) and one of my earpieces seemed to have developed a hairline fault. JHA turned it around in less than 2 weeks and didn't charge me a dime; they also cleaned and polished my earpieces and replaced my velveteen pouch.

Yeah, I don't get the hate. They've treated me right every single time -- I've just remembered to be polite and patient and occasionally send a follow-up e-mail if a first try doesn't go through. Thanks Caleb!

pff. just emailed jh about my problem and they told me the sockets may be eroded and became loose. they said they would replace the sockets on both sides for $50. not sure what to do because i will pay another $50 for shipping and  they will probably charge me for the return shipping which is another $50.

Dec 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #9,035 of 10,743
Are you in the US? If so why not just package them well and get delivery confirmation with tracking and save money on the expensive shipping.

Dec 18, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #9,036 of 10,743
i thought my location was clear
confused_face.gif
how many country had Pharaohs in it?

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #9,039 of 10,743
Quote:
I thought they were well astro traveled.

I don't see those charges as excessive but there's a reason beyond the sound that I prefered to stay in the US with my custom purchase.

Hey I didn't order from the US either. But you have a point. The shipping costs can be killer otherwise. Just crossing my fingers. Then again I was able to ship to the USA facility so not bad at all on the shipping. Just the return shipping is a lot more pricey. Hoping I won't be left with a lump of coal either (customs fees) :p. Maybe they'll think they are hearing aids and feel sorry for me.
wink.gif

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #9,040 of 10,743
My main problem with shipping to US (or any place outside central EU) is that Danish post only offers basic insurance to those places USD 80). If I want full insurance I have to go with the likes of UPS and then the shipping charge suddenly goes well over USD 100 even for something as small as a JH13. When I sold a pair of L3000 the shipping cost was USD 275.

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #9,043 of 10,743
Quote:
Between a rock and a hard place. Try pincing the socket from the side and see if it can save you the trouble. Worst case is that you do what you would have needed to anyways.

I'd just try to avoid doing it over and over again. I had that issue on my last cable and eventually I snapped a pin doing it :frowning2:.

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #9,044 of 10,743
I was talking about the socket and yeah, just a little. I know some guys pinch there pins to compensate which I giuess is OK but it would just spread the socket more over time. I did own a few UEs that used them but never swapped cables. It's my understanding that some pins are a fraction lkarger than others. Once you expand the socket, it's never going to like new again but I sus[ect it can be made more than acceptable with a gentle touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back