JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Mar 9, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #7,726 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by wharfrat1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To help answer the bass questions, these little bad boys have bass in spades. I really wonder who would say they are bass light? When it's on the recording they will make your head vibrate, and oh wait, you hear ALL of the bass. The detail these things throw out is just silly.

This is absolutely truth.
normal_smile .gif

Mar 9, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #7,727 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But while I'm here, you say there's no shortage of bass. I'm used to the IE8's bass (at third setting), and I don't want to have less than that. I listen to a lot of Deep House and some Hip-Hop

Then you shouldn't be looking at upper end custom monitors that focus on neutrality. The triple.fi. 5 eb is the only notoriously bass heavy IEM that can be made in to a custom.

Mar 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #7,728 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But while I'm here, you say there's no shortage of bass. I'm used to the IE8's bass (at third setting), and I don't want to have less than that. I listen to a lot of Deep House and some Hip-Hop

I guarantee you will be disappointed with the bass in any high end custom.

The JH13 has the perfect amount of bass for listening to ALL types of music. If I'm listening to deadmau5 or something, then maybe I'll EQ a few decibels between 50 and 125Hz. That same EQ will destroy lots of other songs though.

Mar 9, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #7,730 of 10,743
Same here, still deciding between JH13 Pro and JH16 Pro. I am quite satisfied with my UE18 Pro's bass and all - deep and clear but not overwhelming as IE8. It gives me sound so rich and yet transparent and balanced at the same time. I can't compare with any other custom since this is my first pair. But given Jude's review, I think I may go for something more neutral to compliment my UE18 Pro, in that case, the JH13 Pro. But at the same time I am afraid I am afraid that I have got used to my 18 Pro's bass that I won't be used to the 13 Pro's neutrality. To me UE18 Pro is the reference. It is way better than all universals I have heard across all spectrum. 13 Pro and 16 Pro is such a dilemma.

Mar 9, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #7,731 of 10,743
@Googleli If you are attached to the UE 18 then stick with them. No use dropping another $1k on an IEM unless you have the means to do so. Don't be swayed by what others say unless you are unhappy with the UE 18. That's a lot of coin to drop. From what I read: the 13 is more neutral than the 16 so if that's what you are seeking put the 16 out of you mind and go with the 13.

Also, have you upgraded the stock cable. Maybe that will help resolve your desire for more neutrality.

Mar 9, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #7,732 of 10,743
When JH13s are described as neutral, it doesn't mean they are lean. It means that no particular part of the frequency spectrum is emphasized or is lacking. But really, I'd personally think chances are good that between the JH13, JH16, and UE18, they'll be more similar than different.

Mar 9, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #7,734 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Months after I've gotten mine and still loving every minute of it.. best money I've ever spent and never for a second had the urge to try another pair of headphones/earphones..

X3, i really cant imagine headphones getting any better than this. In like a year or so im going to want a full size set of cans to use at home, but i dont think there are any that are as good as the jh-13's specially not as good at so many different things, and as neutral. I think the only chance will be a set of stats, O2's

Mar 9, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #7,735 of 10,743
Hey guys, as i'm sitting here waiting for my cheques to come in (the moolah that's going to be bankrolling my own set of 13s), i'm starting to get cold feet. i'm worried that after spending so much on earphones i'm going to regret for having overspent.

So i keep reading and re-reading all the great stuff yall have said about the 13s here to keep me going.

Ahh the wait is so painful! i can only imagine that the wait after sending impressions in and waiting for 'em to come in is going to be even more anxiety inducing.

A part of me says get UM's Mage for half the price and run with it. but i know that at the back of my mind i'll still be wondering what if i had gone with the 13s.

For those of you who tried the universal version of the 13, how much of an improvement is the custom version?

I tried the universals and was simply blown away - in a way i never have been - though my experience is severely lacking.

How much of a step down is say the JH5? or the Mage for those who've tried them.

In severe need of some reassurance here =(

Mar 9, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #7,736 of 10,743
The improvements between the universals and the customs are hard to detail, partially because it's been 6 months. But the main difference seems to be in texture and prat. The customs are just better, in every way you can imagine. Plus, you don't feel like there's an elephant jamming his trunk in your ear.

Mar 9, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #7,737 of 10,743
thanks for your reply grawk! an additional question: if you were to quantify the improvement from the universal demo piece to the final custom version you have right now how much would you say the improvement is? 40% better? 60% better etc.? i know it's kinda hard to put a number to it, but just to get a better idea.

also after 6 months or so of owning the 13s and counting has the wow factor gone? are there any issues with it that weren't apparent at the start but are now?

Mar 9, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #7,738 of 10,743
Oh, I've owned the JH13s for 2 days. I had the generics 6 months ago.
As to a percentage, no, I won't do that. They're moar better, in every way you can imagine, but it's not math, it's music.

Mar 9, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #7,739 of 10,743
Oh, I've owned the JH13s for 2 days. I had the generics 6 months ago.
As to a percentage, no, I won't do that. They're moar better, in every way you can imagine, but it's not math, it's music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back