JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 5, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #1,276 of 10,747
I have a JH 10x3 atm that's a loaner until my JH-13 are built (monday it looks like) but they still created these with artwork just like I ordered. I'll be posting a review and some pics of the 10x3 later today

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #1,277 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a JH 10x3 atm that's a loaner until my JH-13 are built (monday it looks like) but they still created these with artwork just like I ordered. I'll be posting a review and some pics of the 10x3 later today

Is it a universal loaner or custom to your ear? That's interesting they'd make you a loaner with your artwork and everything.

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #1,278 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyguy106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys doing a short review of an A/B of jh and triple fi while waiting for my rehearsal to start.

Right off the bat everyone can probably tell the bass response of jh13 is far superior to the of triple fi without sacrificing any details or introducing any mud into the music. This is especially obvious when you're listening to music like Avishai Cohen who's a bassist so the bass is prominent. What's more important is that you can really hear the decay of the sound of the double bass, the left hand buzzing from the low action of the double bass. When he hits high notes on his bass you can hear the beautiful growl of the instrument. More so than i can hear from triple fi where i have to admit lacks resonance in comparison to the thirteen. What's the best part is that i can feel the buzz of the kick drum and double bass every time they accent. Stronger and more precise than triple fi delivers. The fundamental to overtone ratio is smaller, but the true harmonic information increases several fold. It's just stunning. Because the note strong comes strong together with the overtones. It's absolutely beautiful.

Now to the mids. I have to say that the two are quite similar in terms of sound signature in this aspect. The toms and snare and the piano sound highly similar, but the thirteen gives a much higher resolution and separation than the triple fi. I used to have problems distinguishing piano and bass common lines if the piano bangs the notes. Not so anymore. Haha. Distinction is very strong. Clarity and true colour of the timbre of the piano is amazing. Intonation is funny thing because it shows all flaws and in so shows perfection.

Resolution of the highs.. I have to admit that it might sound harsh to others but in me it's the true sound of being next to cymbals.. The resolution of the brushes is amazing. My only complain last time for crystal cables is distance of the drums kills the resolution for minute details but now it's so amazingly intimate and real. Can feel everything just at the back of my head.. It feels like i'm playing in the band. Oh but actually till now it still sounds a bit capped because the crossovers are not burnt in. These are just my initial reviews. =) However I have to say that I'm very very pleased with the sound.

Something I posted on another forum.. =)

Thanks so Much... One of the best reviews I've read..

Jul 5, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #1,279 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it a universal loaner or custom to your ear? That's interesting they'd make you a loaner with your artwork and everything.

I think this was already made but during testing, when Jerry found that one of the drivers failed, they basically made it half JH-13.. one driver for each.. voila, 10x3

sending me a universal wouldn't be worth it.. it would give me wrong impression of the sound, even though its not the exact model I ordered, but probably would've led to me not being nowhere near as impressed as I am

Jul 5, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #1,280 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wateramong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi 13pro's owners.
I saw the blog that 13pro owner in Japan said, "The artwork of 13pro is inferior".
I am worried very much because I have already ordered 13pro.
Is it really so?

if you are worried then you should just get it without the artwork and then do the artwork in japan.

If your artwork is simple then you have no worries. but if it is too complicated, they may not have all the exact paint colours to do it then you should do the artwork in japan. ask those figuring modeling guys to paint for you. Thats why i left mine with no artwork and do it myself. Going to paste 浜崎あゆみ sticker and protect it with 3M clear tape. you can also ask the decoden shops to help you decorate it.
smily_headphones1.gif

btw they may make a mistake because there are too much orders for now so you must make your desciption short and clear. try making it in point form and also spell your name in CAPITAL letters in one of the points. Hope you get wat you wanted. But the sound will probably make you ignore the flaws.

ほんとに大丈夫。かんぱい!

Jul 6, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #1,281 of 10,747
These bring new life and meaning to Willie Nelson, "Stardust". You can hear all the incredible bass, warts, and some finely recorded cuts with GREAT dynamics.

Ok, I can see why someone would sell there other headphones. When someone mentioned selling off some I thought, sure but I don't think I would do that. I am not so sure because I don't have a great desire to listen to my other phones and it isn't because these are the new kid on the block.

The soundstage and transparency has increased more and I would not call this a "head stage" but more. Very tangible, real, and very exciting.

Jul 6, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #1,283 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
High end customs just make more sense than a $6000 Sony R10 and $2500 ATH-L3000 closed headphone.

I can't speak for the JH13Pros, but I have 10x3s. While they sound great, they can't hold a candle to my L3000s. Not even close.

Jul 6, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #1,284 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangelove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't speak for the JH13Pros, but I have 10x3s. While they sound great, they can't hold a candle to my L3000s. Not even close.

I have great open cans like HD800, Stax O2 Mk1, Sennheiser HE60, HE Audio Jade, etc. I'll only grab a closed can when I don't want to bother my wife at night, but in general I don't feel closed cans are as transparent as open cans while a high-end custom IEM can be. The R10 and L3000 are the best closed cans I've heard, but if I am only using them to keep the noise from leaking out then the cost of the high-end custom is exponentially lower.

Jul 6, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #1,285 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangelove /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The JH13's will certainly have a high hurdle to surmount in that regard. The L3000's have been the most satisfying headphones I've owned, and hence the ones I've held onto the longest. The amazing fact, is that my relatively short audition of the universal JH13 made me think they will have the potential to do it, though. Time will tell.
L3000.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #1,286 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, the whole time I was opening the box I was thinking to myself "I hope everything is ok with these so I don't have to ship them back." Lo and behold, I was staring at neon green iems with black artwork as opposed to the black iems with neon green artwork that I asked for. It was disappointing, to say the least, but as I didn't buy these to stare at but rather to listen to, I figured I might as well give them a shot at their intended purpose before I got too upset.

My heart goes out to you, Cool. Mine were perfect, except for the fact that for some reason, the JH crew left off the flying girl logo. I chose translucent red and blue respectively for the right and left ear. Maybe, just maybe, I will see if I can get that logo on there in the future. But for now.......

Damn, these things are just amazing, and the more I listen, the more amazing they sound. This morning, my Mustang battery began to run low, and man was that an ugly experience. But when I got to the office, I plugged the 13s into my Apache, and I was just blown away. Considering the improvement in every chain of my rig, I was not surprised; just blown away. These things are ruthlessly revealing, but in a completely musical non-fatiguing way. The soundstage continues to impress. It was wide from day one, but it is now also deep. I haven't been able to do the A/B testing between the 13s and my HD800, but I'll have to stop using the 13s to do that.

Jul 6, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #1,287 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My heart goes out to you, Cool. Mine were perfect, except for the fact that for some reason, the JH crew left off the flying girl logo. I chose translucent red and blue respectively for the right and left ear. Maybe, just maybe, I will see if I can get that logo on there in the future. But for now.......

Damn, these things are just amazing, and the more I listen, the more amazing they sound. This morning, my Mustang battery began to run low, and man was that an ugly experience. But when I got to the office, I plugged the 13s into my Apache, and I was just blown away. Considering the improvement in every chain of my rig, I was not surprised; just blown away. These things are ruthlessly revealing, but in a completely musical non-fatiguing way. The soundstage continues to impress. It was wide from day one, but it is now also deep. I haven't been able to do the A/B testing between the 13s and my HD800, but I'll have to stop using the 13s to do that.

Yea, that sounds about what I got from the Universal demo version. Just amazingly vicious in revealing the recording. I felt like I was listening to raw format sound data laying naked in a musical blanket.

I can only hope when I get the real deal (the wait continues) it'll be as I remember.

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #1,288 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I heard the HD 800 at a short listening session and got blown away by the details it presented... I could hear pianos being out of tune more than any other headphones, and it was running only on the Heed Canamp...

So what I did was, I used the same track, and tried it on the Canamp...

My triple fi couldn't detect this, K701 couldn't detect it.... JH13 was showing me another layer of detail of how the chord harmony was slightly out of tune but still acceptable because the resonance of the instrument and all gave it the nice dissonance I love in jazz. Was instantly gratified since I fell in love with the HD800 when I first heard it...

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #1,289 of 10,747
Finally back online and able to post some impressions.

When I put on my monitors for the first time I was really disappointed because the right monitor didn't fit well at all. I could not get a proper seal and it felt really uncomfortable. I wrote to Jerry immediately and told him that I thought l needed to send them back.

About 3 hours later though, I was able to get a nice fit and seal although they still felt a little bit small. I think this may have happened because my ears hadn't adjusted from my plane ride as I had just come directly from the airport to my hotel and picked then up immediately.

Anyway, I'm much happier with them now, but still thinking about sending then back for a re-fit.

There's not much that l can add in terms of sound to what's already been said. There are truly astounding, and I have no regrets selling my mid-fi home rig to fund them. They really blow that setup away.

Here's a pic of my monitors, and a couple with me and some of my friends here in Vegas.

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back