JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 5, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #1,261 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stereotypes are based on truth... at some point. When I was a kid, made in Japan meant "cheap and unreliable." Now, it means "high-tech and reliable," and China has become the new "cheap and unreliable." And there's a basis of truth there too (cheap labor, mass production, lax quality control to save some buck), but companies such as HiFiMan (formerly known as Head-Direct) are clearly not willing to fit the stereotype.

Well, i don't think made in China is a problem at all, as Shure Products, and Ultimate Ears products are made in china, and i haven't found any build quality issues with them yet. This is My opinion though.

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #1,262 of 10,747
Getting back onto topic my 13's are getting better by the day as I am getting more used to them. I can't wait for jh to get the smaller case out so I will have a portable way of transporting my stuff.

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #1,263 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Getting back onto topic my 13's are getting better by the day as I am getting more used to them. I can't wait for jh to get the smaller case out so I will have a portable way of transporting my stuff.

Oh, so JH will be selling a smaller case for 13 pro?

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #1,264 of 10,747
I don't know....I heard they are making a smaller case but I don't know if it will be bundled like how UE did it with a large and small metal case or if it will be a separate accessory either way I am going to get one because I need something to carry them in.

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #1,265 of 10,747
Hey HEadphoneaddict (and other lucky soon-to-be jh13 owners!), patiently waiting in anticipation for your review. Its actually good for me to wait a few months because I normally really tend to rush things and now I can just save up for it and get the iem in september or even october (ooc) i have decided to get a netbook with optical out for all my mobile computer/music needs.
Have a lot of fun with all your new toys larry (funny to know that you too grew tired of closed headphones all together),
Greetings, Anouk,

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #1,266 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey HEadphoneaddict (and other lucky soon-to-be jh13 owners!), patiently waiting in anticipation for your review. Its actually good for me to wait a few months because I normally really tend to rush things and now I can just save up for it and get the iem in september or even october (ooc) i have decided to get a netbook with optical out for all my mobile computer/music needs.
Have a lot of fun with all your new toys larry (funny to know that you too grew tired of closed headphones all together),
Greetings, Anouk,

High end customs just make more sense than a $6000 Sony R10 and $2500 ATH-L3000 closed headphone.

Jul 5, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #1,267 of 10,747
Not if you bought them a few years ago for a lot less.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #1,268 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not if you bought them a few years ago for a lot less.
evil_smiley.gif

Err... they were still pretty damn expensive, dude.

Anyways, considering that customs are ultra portable, block out tons of unwanted sound, and are much much less expensive that electrostats, I think the high-end customs seem to crystal clearly be a value king compared to any full-size cans.

IEMs are clearly going to be the future of highest end sound reproduction, as I project it. Think about it. Would it make sense that the highly technologically advanced entities in Star Trek have to lug around a fat piece of machine over their head in order to have highest quality sound? Of course not. They'd probably have devices even much smaller than today's IEMs that somehow manage to fit perfectly in the canal without a remote feeling of discomfort, that uses some kind of zero-inertia (ideal) transducers.

Jul 5, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #1,271 of 10,747
Hey guys doing a short review of an A/B of jh and triple fi while waiting for my rehearsal to start.

Right off the bat everyone can probably tell the bass response of jh13 is far superior to the of triple fi without sacrificing any details or introducing any mud into the music. This is especially obvious when you're listening to music like Avishai Cohen who's a bassist so the bass is prominent. What's more important is that you can really hear the decay of the sound of the double bass, the left hand buzzing from the low action of the double bass. When he hits high notes on his bass you can hear the beautiful growl of the instrument. More so than i can hear from triple fi where i have to admit lacks resonance in comparison to the thirteen. What's the best part is that i can feel the buzz of the kick drum and double bass every time they accent. Stronger and more precise than triple fi delivers. The fundamental to overtone ratio is smaller, but the true harmonic information increases several fold. It's just stunning. Because the note strong comes strong together with the overtones. It's absolutely beautiful.

Now to the mids. I have to say that the two are quite similar in terms of sound signature in this aspect. The toms and snare and the piano sound highly similar, but the thirteen gives a much higher resolution and separation than the triple fi. I used to have problems distinguishing piano and bass common lines if the piano bangs the notes. Not so anymore. Haha. Distinction is very strong. Clarity and true colour of the timbre of the piano is amazing. Intonation is funny thing because it shows all flaws and in so shows perfection.

Resolution of the highs.. I have to admit that it might sound harsh to others but in me it's the true sound of being next to cymbals.. The resolution of the brushes is amazing. My only complain last time for crystal cables is distance of the drums kills the resolution for minute details but now it's so amazingly intimate and real. Can feel everything just at the back of my head.. It feels like i'm playing in the band. Oh but actually till now it still sounds a bit capped because the crossovers are not burnt in. These are just my initial reviews. =) However I have to say that I'm very very pleased with the sound.

Something I posted on another forum.. =)

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #1,272 of 10,747
Hi 13pro's owners.
I saw the blog that 13pro owner in Japan said, "The artwork of 13pro is inferior".
I am worried very much because I have already ordered 13pro.
Is it really so?

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #1,273 of 10,747
Inferior compared to what? I'm happy with my design. Could it better? Probably. Would it cost more then $50? Probably. Did I order these for their artwork? Hell no.

All I want is the best sound. Thats what the JH-13 has.

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #1,274 of 10,747
It was good.
It was relieved.
Thank you!

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #1,275 of 10,747
Bojamijams,
If it is good, could you show your 13pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back