JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 7, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #1,291 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by behwatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believed the serial number paint will come off sometime cos my red JH letters have already came off. other than that the material quality is fine. looks like unpolished pink DIAMOND crystals haha...

Enjoy...
wink.gif

P1040835.jpg

P1040838.jpg

P1040841.jpg

P1040846.jpg

P1040844.jpg

Why your serial number = 1270? Actually JH13pro shoule be run from 13xx right? Is it incorrect serial number?

let me know please

Jul 7, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #1,293 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by sling5s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rlanger:

does it have the visceral punchy impactful bass of your old d2000 with woo 6?

It's not quite the same because full size cans push air that add to the overall impact.

That's not to say that the bass on the JH13Pr0 isn't impactful. It certainly is. It's just different. It's the deep resonance that creates the impact.

However, the quality of the bass sound is simply better in so many ways on the JH13's IMO. It's tighter, goes deeper, has better resonance and superb texture.

Plus, it's not a bassy sounding headphone as is the D2000. It is incredibly balanced sounding, which, I believe, brings out more detail in the music.

It's quite a change coming from the D2000, but one I'm very happy with so for. I'm just not quite sure about the fit.
frown.gif
And I really don't want to send them back, although I may have to.

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #1,298 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh awesome man skipped over it I guess :\ the embedded artwork looks fabulous by the way.

Thanks. Actually looks much better in person. My only wish is that the charm would be slightly larger. But it does look pretty killer.

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #1,299 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by sling5s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rlanger

thanks for your impressions

How do you like the woo driving your 800's? I bet it's pretty sweet!

And, aren't you getting JH-13's too?

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #1,300 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you like the woo driving your 800's? I bet it's pretty sweet!

And, aren't you getting JH-13's too?

I actually decided to keep the woo 6 and am selling my corda symphony because the HD800 does better with tubes. so i sent it off the jack to get the pdps upgrade. the hd800 with woo 6 is amazing: the detail, wide soundstage and 3D imaging and instrument separation is the best I've heard. The only thing i miss is the ah-d7000 bass impact. I kind of regret selling it.

Now I'll have to see how the jh13pro is when it arrives. I was told it will ship this week. it may delay until next week. The comparison between the hd800 and jh13pro will be interesting.

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #1,301 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, that sounds about what I got from the Universal demo version. Just amazingly vicious in revealing the recording. I felt like I was listening to raw format sound data laying naked in a musical blanket.

I can only hope when I get the real deal (the wait continues) it'll be as I remember.

Obviously, I cannot speak to your listening session with the universal set, but I cannot imagine you being disappointed. I'd like to think that between my portable rig including the iMod, Mustang and LiveWires/Westone 3s, and my office rig with the PS Audio/Apache/HD800s, I had a pretty good baseline of resolution, soundstage and musicality. I am still blown away by the 13s. And I don't think it's FOTM syndrome.

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #1,304 of 10,747
looks like I am going to be sending my pair back with some new impressions to extend the bore's a few mm's since I don't feel as if I am getting a deep enough seal as they are. Hopefully won't take too long to get my gems
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back