JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 7, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #1,306 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noykrub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why your serial number = 1270? Actually JH13pro shoule be run from 13xx right? Is it incorrect serial number?

let me know please

here you can see the first piece in the world.
smile.gif

JH13PRO-0001.jpg

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #1,307 of 10,747
wondering how these will pair with buffalo32 for home use; seems many are saying these are on par with or better than some pretty serious fullsize headphones, I wonder how well they will scale to that height?? I have put my fullsize amp plans on hold till I get these, but I still think source matters. they may sound great out of ipod HP out, but I bet they sound down-right amazing with a top shelf dac.

anyone??

where did you get the charm rlanger

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #1,309 of 10,747
Do you think it'll be a good idea to use an attenuator with a regular desktop headphone amp?

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #1,310 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyguy106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think it'll be a good idea to use an attenuator with a regular desktop headphone amp?

Really? I always find those things destroy everything I love out of my headphones.

Seems you'd just want to use a really quiet desktop amp... like my RPX-33.
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #1,311 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? I always find those things destroy everything I love out of my headphones.

Seems you'd just want to use a really quiet desktop amp... like my RPX-33.
biggrin.gif

Hmm??

Why does that happen?

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #1,312 of 10,747
It is one more thing in the signal. It is shunting part of the current to ground and always has a signature. A good attenuator won't destroy everything but it is still one more thing in the chain.

I have multiple good/fine portable amps here and some very good sources and in my opinion, an amp helps and I can hear the difference. Not to say that my modified iRiver with good output caps doesn't sound good but having a dedicated high quality amp does make a difference, in my opinion.

I have noticed a little drier sound from my 13's. Over the past week the sound has changed by varying degrees from closed in and lacking bass to very open and well integrated solid bass. I now notice a slight dry sound though very very detailed and open.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #1,313 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is one more thing in the signal. It is shunting part of the current to ground and always has a signature. A good attenuator won't destroy everything but it is still one more thing in the chain.

I have multiple good/fine portable amps here and some very good sources and in my opinion, an amp helps and I can hear the difference. Not to say that my modified iRiver with good output caps doesn't sound good but having a dedicated high quality amp does make a difference, in my opinion.

I have noticed a little drier sound from my 13's. Over the past week the sound has changed by varying degrees from closed in and lacking bass to very open and well integrated solid bass. I now notice a slight dry sound though very very detailed and open.

Yes a bit less overtones ie more punch. =)

I love the sound more and more through time... Hmmmm... I guess everything does affect. I wonder what attenuators might be good with the JH13s..

Any suggestions?

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #1,318 of 10,747
Yup want to pair with a desktop rig. =)

Impedance adapter... Where could I get something like that? =X

Haha thanks guys!

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #1,319 of 10,747
yeah I use an attenuator with my Lisa III, has to be a really nice one or yeah it does impact on the sound in a bad way. I use a cable type with vishay S102 'NUDE' resistors (100ohms) I find it actually impacts on the sound in a positive way, with LESS components in the signal path actually. since some pots are comprised of a series of resistors and not always of high quality. so replacing them with one of the highest quality works for me. not saying the pot on the lisa is bad; its quite balanced actually, but I find the sound opens up a bit with the pot more open.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #1,320 of 10,747
I am using my Woo 6 modified right now and there is zero hiss. Great sound with the 13's although the impedance match may not be the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back