JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 4, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #1,246 of 10,747
Hey guys, need a big favour from you. What universal iem does the sound signature of the jh13pro resemble? And how is the soundstage, imaging and resolution of these phones? I'm going to decide whether to get these or continue with universal iems by tomorrow! Need as much impressions I can get.

Thanks a bunch. I'd really appreciate it. Cheers and congrats to all who received their phones already!

Jul 4, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #1,247 of 10,747
May I just say that I understand why people are quite unwilling to give a full review thus far... The JH13s just sound so amazing and gives me all the things I ever wanted in my music I find it really hard to take it out of my ears to listen to anything else to give it a full out review...

Jul 4, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #1,248 of 10,747
I only have the JH 10x3 and I don't even want to write my review or take these off.

I haven't touched my RS1 and M3+S11 combo more then once since I got these. It just took 1 listen to say "Yeah, the 10x3 sounds better"

Jul 4, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #1,249 of 10,747
Time to start a "Can't Take Off My JHs" thread...

Haha... I see many victims...

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #1,250 of 10,747
I remember when I got my ES3X in February I posted that none of my full size dynamic headphones could touch them (and proceeded to list all the full size cans I have tried and what is wrong with each one). The ES3X were serious competition to my full size stats (Stax O2 Mk1 and Mk2, Jade and HE60). Even now the HD800 full size phones are the only dynamics to come close to the ES3X. So, I am hoping for more of the same with the JH13pro.

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #1,251 of 10,747
Wow.... I don't think I can recall seeing any piece of gear on Head-Fi which has inspired so many normally level headed members to resort to emotionally gushing descriptions! These must be audio heaven...... I'm hoping to get a pair in the next couple months.

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #1,252 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by behwatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I collected mine at 3.00pm (+8hrs region). initial listening was wow is this a IEM? because the bass is nothing i heard of. maybe hd800 or even better hehehe.... highs and mids is r10 standard. this signature is what i yearn for - combination of both headphones. soundstage i dare not say now because haven burn in yet.

icon10.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #1,253 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember when I got my ES3X in February I posted that none of my full size dynamic headphones could touch them (and proceeded to list all the full size cans I have tried and what is wrong with each one). The ES3X were serious competition to my full size stats (Stax O2 Mk1 and Mk2, Jade and HE60). Even now the HD800 full size phones are the only dynamics to come close to the ES3X. So, I am hoping for more of the same with the JH13pro.

Yep, when I got my ES3X I had stopped using my O2 Mk1, still haven't really touched it since
tongue.gif
Waiting on the JH13s still.

Jul 5, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #1,254 of 10,747
First week impressions. Used predominately in my portable rig. Took me a bit to get used to them, as they are my first custom iems. But the more I listen, the more I like (to put it mildly). The level of detail and musicality is fantastic. I have listened to 530's, westone 3's, senn ie8's and klipsch x5/10's and the JH13's are on a completely different level. I briefly hooked them up to my computer rig/berkeley/sr71a and they definitely scale very well with higher quality source material. Are they on the same level as the hd800 or he90? Too soon to tell, but preliminary impressions say 'yes'. I suspect they are on the same level, but w/ different character (no surprise there). Will post more after further listening.

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #1,256 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by behwatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I can see the quality of the product. There are scratches on the side bottom of the carbon box. The 2 ports of the customs are not flushed or similar, one got something that looks like a ring poking out. Your name tag on box also scratched. Foam cut inside the box is not cut evenly for the iem slot. the faceplate is scratched.

see this Fitear-proto668. 6way,4 single 2 dual drivers(8drivers). so clean, no scratch, wires so neatly layed out.
credits r. kojima
DSC00084.jpg

this truly shows the "hardwork" jhaudio put in.... feel my money is wasted...

you can condemn me but the truth is there. totally dissapointed... will ask for full refund if scratches appears on mine and go for Fitear. Japan still rules on quality of products. no one can compete with them.

If there's scratches on it, blame it on yourself cause maybe your ear is just like that...Headfi isn't a place to put down other manufacturers based on your personal opinion and taste. You may be a big Japanese Manufacturer fan, but judging that JH Audio is an American company therefore will be of lower quality to Japanese Manufacturers is not tolerated or acceptable here.

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #1,257 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there's scratches on it, blame it on yourself cause maybe your ear is just like that...Headfi isn't a place to put down other manufacturers based on your personal opinion and taste. You may be a big Japanese Manufacturer fan, but judging that JH Audio is an American company therefore will be of lower quality to Japanese Manufacturers is not tolerated or acceptable here.

I've seen several posts making the same blanket statement against Chinese companies (i.e. American companies produce better quality). If his post is not to be tolerated just for that reason, then many others should not have been either. It depends how much you want the moderators to play cops, of course.

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #1,259 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Japan rules on quality of products? Lmao that gave me a good laugh pure stereotyping

Stereotypes are based on truth... at some point. When I was a kid, made in Japan meant "cheap and unreliable." Now, it means "high-tech and reliable," and China has become the new "cheap and unreliable." And there's a basis of truth there too (cheap labor, mass production, lax quality control to save some buck), but companies such as HiFiMan (formerly known as Head-Direct) are clearly not willing to fit the stereotype.

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #1,260 of 10,747
I picked up mine last night from a UPS center by my house as the delivery guy failed miserably at knocking on my door.

Anyway, the whole time I was opening the box I was thinking to myself "I hope everything is ok with these so I don't have to ship them back." Lo and behold, I was staring at neon green iems with black artwork as opposed to the black iems with neon green artwork that I asked for. It was disappointing, to say the least, but as I didn't buy these to stare at but rather to listen to, I figured I might as well give them a shot at their intended purpose before I got too upset.

These are my first pair of customs and so it took me a little bit of time to get them seated correctly (or what my approximation of correctly was after having looked at Edwood's pics). It's an interesting feeling wearing customs. It's not wholly uncomfortable, but certainly more invasive than wearing earbuds which are the only other type of audio device I've ever had in my ears. It's definitely something I think I'll have to get used to.

As for the sound, let's just say it greatly lessened the disappointment I was feeling
smily_headphones1.gif
. The bass is incredible to my ears. Neither the quantity nor the impact are overwhelmingly present, but it is very well defined. My frame of reference isn't as vast as a lot of members, but these iems resolve complex passages better than any headphone I've owned so far. I've listened to them for approximately 3 hours since I've received them and I've loved every minute of it.

I really want to get the color issue sorted out, but I'm not sure I want to part with them for the time it will take to do so
smily_headphones1.gif
. They sound really really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back