JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Feb 3, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #10,517 of 10,743
I was quite fond of the sound with the X5, I actually enjoyed much more than the dx90.  My favorite pairing so far is with the Calyx M though.

I agree. Jh13fp is very transparent and can exhibit some spiky or harsh treble on some tracks, and typically a warmer/lusher/smoother sounding DAP will make things sound more musical, especially for pop, hip-hop, soft rock types. Calyx M, hm901, ak120, arm1, etc IMHO all fit that mold.

Having said that the Sonys are the only ones that I find jh13 "problematic" with. I find also like jh13 with most DAP including my dx90.

I hope zx2 had a different tuning as I quite like the zx design and battery life, and loved android OS that allows many more streaming services than my ak240.

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #10,518 of 10,743
  I'm mostly waiting for a DAP that will have >15 hrs battery life. Currently that only leaves the Sony A10 series or the NZX2 (but don't think I want to spend $1200 on a DAP). I might end up going for the Sony A10 series, as all the other ones that have been announced so far have 10hrs or less in battery life, which just doesn't cut it for me. Granted, more battery life means less power, but I only want to drive my JH13s with a DAP, and those don't need a lot of power to be driven. My full-size cans I only use at home through a DAC connected to my laptop.

Maybe the Fiio X3 II will have decent battery life of around 15 hrs when playing Redbook FLAC files (95% of my collection is Redbook FLAC), but we'll see. So far indications are it's gonna be around 12hrs. That DAP won't even survive flying from the US to Europe (which I do regularly). I don't even really need the ability to play hi-res files. I personally really don't hear the difference and thus, it just takes up unnecessary storage space.

you may wanna check the dx90 , regarding the battery life issues you can replace its battery (it takes the battery used for the S3 phone which is like 7$ cheap) so you are good to go

i am also using redbook flac files also and the dx90 sounds great with my K3003

Feb 4, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #10,520 of 10,743
I feel the FP is a big step up. I also didn't like the Roxanne at all as I hope it will be an overall improvement over the 13FP. I recently demoed the angle and layla and they sounded much more in line to the 13. Angie could be a worthwhile upgrade over non FP jh13. Layla is even better but diminishing return.....

K10 is also very technical, very smooth from top to bottom, but a bit too polite and lacks emotion IMHO.

W60, imo isn't in the same league as the angie or k10.

This is my general take as well. I'm not an EQ guy but that bass control was made for situations like this. I don't like to fiddle with pots but I might if I was on a plane or just wanted a favored IEM to have more or less bass. There's no negatives to the way it's done.

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #10,521 of 10,743
Hey guys

I currently own JH 13 FP and i love its airy, sparkly, open treble characteristics as well as its slightly emphasized sub/mid bass.
Overall i feel it's 80% neutral and 20 % warm sounding.
Frankly, im looking for something that has a bit more warmth, deeper base to create that warmth, and a little bit more oomph to the base.

I am considering the Roxanne.
I read all the posts about roxanne and from them i have an idea of what it will sound like.
Some of my worries are that roxanne can sound quite dark and thick. I really like the open/airy sound of my 13 but i would really appreciate more warmth.
Also i've heard people say that roxanne's high is really laid back. Is it really? 

i know that roxanne requires a lot of burn in time for its real sound and its potential to shine.

I would really appreciate if people who have had experience with jh 13 and roxanne could give me some advice.

should i get it? or should i just stick with my 13

Thank you ~ 

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #10,522 of 10,743
  Hey guys

I currently own JH 13 FP and i love its airy, sparkly, open treble characteristics as well as its slightly emphasized sub/mid bass.
Frankly, im looking for something that has a bit more warmth, deeper base to create that warmth, and a little bit more oomph to the base.

I read all the posts about roxanne and from them i have an idea of what it will sound like.
Some of my worries are that roxanne can sound quite dark and thick. I really like the open/airy sound of my 13 but i would really appreciate more warmth.
Also i've heard people say that roxanne's high is really laid back. Is it really? 

i know that roxanne requires a lot of burn in time for its real sound and its potential to shine.

I would really appreciate if people who have had experience with jh 13 and roxanne could give me some advice.

Thank you ~ 

Stick with your 13.
But you can consider 1964 Adel A12 when it comes out. ljokerl did a review and comparison with the JH13, and just like you i'm looking for a bit more warmth from my JH13. I didn't like Roxanne btw.

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #10,523 of 10,743
  Hey guys

Thank you ~ 

You could either consider Noble Kaiser 10 (K10) / JHA New Siren Series's Angie and Layla. Cheers!

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #10,524 of 10,743
  Hey guys

Thank you ~ 

What cable and DAP are you using?

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #10,530 of 10,743
Used AK100 Mk2.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back