JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Nov 5, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #5,761 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsilvio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The right ear was causing a sore in my ear canal. This is a much different problem than weather the seal is perfect etc..

Yes, they are probably well aware that this is my 4th refit. I have been in touch with Zac and so far he is being exceptionally nice about the whole thing. I do appreciate their willingness to remake them for a 4th time. I am going to get another set of impression and send those in next week. Hopefully this will be the last time!

Hey I know how you exactly feel as I got my 3rd refit yesterday..This time right side's quite loose because they made the shell too skinny trying to make it too flush on my ears. Obviously, the seal's not as good as right side.

Jerry has been extremely helpful and cooperative in trying to resolve the issue so I really appreciate his effort and courtesy. I find him very nice and honest, defintely a not typical businessman. I feel sorry that I had to ask for multiple refits as the refit would also involve additional costs.

I wasn't bold enough to ask for another refit, so I asked them if I can buy another new pair with new impressions at adjusted cost completely disregardong any references to refit. As for me refit didn't quite help. The original pieces only had a slight discomfort problem only on right side but refit came back with bigger problem for me although discomfort has completely subsided on both sides.

They haven't responded to my email request but if they don't respond, I guess I just have to make the best out of what I got.

Sound's still marvelous..somewhat comforting...

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #5,762 of 10,743
When did they originally ship them? You're supposed to have a "limited warranty against poor fitting IEMs" for a 30 day period from the original ship date (so I assume that's the refit window although the actual terms are up for discussion). On that note, for anyone on the west coast don't pick UPS ground because it took a full week to go from Florida to California. Mine don't isolate the best that they could and are probably more on the loose side than tight but they are very comfortable.

Nov 5, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #5,764 of 10,743
So as it turns out I now fully, whole heartedly recommend Gerry at Excellence In Hearing for Sydney peoples wanting to get impressions =D

Oh yeah... the 13s sound pretty alright hey
smile.gif

Edit: I'm listening with my Buff32 Sabre DAC and a AMB Labs Mini3. As soon as I fix the Gamma2 I can't wait to give it a whirl. For the record Nine Inch Nails is teh sex on these.

IMG_0840%202.JPG

IMG_0841%202.JPG

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #5,766 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone in the DC/Northern Va. area gotten ear impressions? Were you happy with the results? if so where did you go to get the impressions. Thanks.

I got mine done at:

Professional Hearing Aid Service
2141 K Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20037
Professional Hearing Aid Service

Through the sonus website. The guy was pretty nice and I think he did a pretty good job. $115 for impressions + a hearing test.

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #5,767 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there is a ready answer about how to increase isolation, I'd really like to hear it.

Here is the reply from Jerry

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry
If you send it to us with a detailed description we will increase the canal diameter to increase your isolation.

Now I wonder if the diameter increase, will it cause pain and discomfort?

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #5,768 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is the reply from Jerry

Now I wonder if the diameter increase, will it cause pain and discomfort?

I had this procedure done. No pain or discomfort when wearing them, and isolation increases marginally. However removal of the right earpiece (which seems to have been widened more) caused some pain for me. I will elaborate more when I am out of class, but suffice to say I can wear then all day (>10 hours) without pain or discomfort UNTIL I take them out. Isolation is about 3dB more than my initial fit, which still doesn't compare to the ER-4P.

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #5,770 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey I know how you exactly feel as I got my 3rd refit yesterday..This time right side's quite loose because they made the shell too skinny trying to make it too flush on my ears. Obviously, the seal's not as good as right side.

Jerry has been extremely helpful and cooperative in trying to resolve the issue so I really appreciate his effort and courtesy. I find him very nice and honest, defintely a not typical businessman. I feel sorry that I had to ask for multiple refits as the refit would also involve additional costs.

I wasn't bold enough to ask for another refit, so I asked them if I can buy another new pair with new impressions at adjusted cost completely disregardong any references to refit. As for me refit didn't quite help. The original pieces only had a slight discomfort problem only on right side but refit came back with bigger problem for me although discomfort has completely subsided on both sides.

They haven't responded to my email request but if they don't respond, I guess I just have to make the best out of what I got.

Sound's still marvelous..somewhat comforting...

Some people have had no problems getting ahold of JHA or JH himself over email, I'm not one of those people. You should call, if you don't get a response to email, don't settle...it's not like these are $20 IEMs
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #5,771 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So as it turns out I now fully, whole heartedly recommend Gerry at Excellence In Hearing for Sydney peoples wanting to get impressions =D

Oh yeah... the 13s sound pretty alright hey
smile.gif

Edit: I'm listening with my Buff32 Sabre DAC and a AMB Labs Mini3. As soon as I fix the Gamma2 I can't wait to give it a whirl. For the record Nine Inch Nails is teh sex on these.

IMG_0840%202.JPG

IMG_0841%202.JPG

Those are sweet!
smily_headphones1.gif
Is that deadwood or just solid black?

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #5,773 of 10,743
I am finally getting my impressions done this morning. I will be sending them off tonight!

I originally chose translucent black with a black 48" cable but I think I will call and switch to translucent electric blue with a black 60" cable. It is so difficult to choose the color!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #5,774 of 10,743
Shelly, my only piece of advice is to choose something that you are confident you will be happy with for a long time. Also, I recommend something that you wouldn't mind being seen in in public. While I love the fact that my avatar is on my UE5c, it's not always the kind of thing I want sticking out of my ears on an airplane or subway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back