JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Nov 5, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #5,791 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happybottle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those are sweet!
smily_headphones1.gif
Is that deadwood or just solid black?

That is just Solid Black.
I have heard some discussion about whether you can see through it or not but the best I can tell it is indeed solid.

Nov 6, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #5,794 of 10,747
About the null audio lune or enyo cable for jh13..well, if you are a runner like me who must have your iem during the sport activities, I must warn you that due to the lack of memory wire you may feel quite annoyed. While you are on the move, you will find yourself constantly struggling to have the cable in place. What a waste of great ingenuity.

Sound-wise, Lune cable's definitely a success. It provides the better clarity, deeper bass and grand feeling in overall presentation.

I am still debating myself whether or not I should sell it and just stick with stock cable.

Nov 6, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #5,795 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About the null audio lune or enyo cable for jh13..well, if you are a runner like me who must have your iem during the sport activities, I must warn you that due to the lack of memory wire you may feel quite annoyed. While you are on the move, you will find yourself constantly struggling to have the cable in place. What a waste of great ingenuity.

Sound-wise, Lune cable's definitely a success. It provides the better clarity, deeper bass and grand feeling in overall presentation.

I am still debating myself whether or not I should sell it and just stick with stock cable.

Would having the cable running down your back and using the cable management slider to tighten it up at the back of your head be any help? Or are you doing this already and it still pops up annoyingly
redface.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #5,796 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also have problems with fit on the Right monitor. I did send a new impression last time, but didnt help. Going to send it back one more time now. Getting tired of this...

This seems a little worrying. I had big problems with fitting my UE-11s too. And it was specifically the right ear giving me problems.

Nov 6, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #5,797 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So as it turns out I now fully, whole heartedly recommend Gerry at Excellence In Hearing for Sydney peoples wanting to get impressions =D

Oh yeah... the 13s sound pretty alright hey
smile.gif

Edit: I'm listening with my Buff32 Sabre DAC and a AMB Labs Mini3. As soon as I fix the Gamma2 I can't wait to give it a whirl. For the record Nine Inch Nails is teh sex on these.

IMG_0840%202.JPG

IMG_0841%202.JPG

Holy crap dude...you've got your JH13 already...that was mighty quick...it was just a bit over 2 weeks wasn't it?... I'm sooo jealous now....maybe I should pay Gerry a visit again
smile.gif
to have another stab of making impressions out of my very unique ears

Nov 6, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #5,798 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think if you got the version without the nylon sheath, they wouldn`t be nearly as bad to run with. Nudge, nudge...
evil_smiley.gif
wink_face.gif

I`m a runner too btw MadDog. However, I never run anymore with iems. I destroyed my custom e500s, because I got sweat in them and the drivers died. I certainly wouldn`t want to risk that with my 13s. Anyway, I`ve weened myself off of running with headphones and kind of enjoy simply being alone with my thoughts when I`m cranking out the clicks.

Nov 6, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #5,799 of 10,747
Holy crap how great are the guys at JH Audio. I live in Tampa so I drove there yesterday to address fitment issues on the left earpiece. I met Jerry and the crew and one of the guys from ALO was visiting there as well. I got to listen to the new RX amp which was mind blowing to say the least. Anyhow, Jerry was one of the nicest people I have ever met. Nice operation as well. So, they had already fixed my right ear successfully through the mail and I had issues with them almost getting lost by the USPS on the way there. So I thought a personal visit would be awesome. They tried to fix the left and it got worse. I think my original impressions were less than optimal for them. Next thing I know, I am getting new impressions performed and a new set will be on its way to me. Jerry says they come out better when they make their own impressions as they know how to distend the ear canal more. I can't tell you how happy I am with these folks. I am also happy I am within driving distance away as well. WHAT A GREAT DAY!
jecklinsmile.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #5,801 of 10,747
It sounds as if the major problem with fit is all based on the quality of the impressions and that if they are off in the first place it is a great pain to get them right. Other than looking at the list of audiologists on the JHAudio site, why don't the poeple who feel like they had a good fit from the beginning (like myself) list where they got the impressions from, (mine was Brookline Hearing Services on Beacon St. in Brookline, MA) and JUST the people who never had to get a refit. We hear all about their problems because they post, but I bet there are a majority of people that never needed a refit. This may help alot of people in the long run. Any thoughts?

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #5,802 of 10,747
^^^Great suggestions. Not sure my issues are impression or not, I got an impression for my Westone UM56 and it is great, not perfect. My JH13, the right side is a little off and a fit address it but it still lack of isolation that I expected from a custom, hence send it back to increase the canal diameter.

I think for the amount of price we paid for JH13, we expect it to be perfect (fit and finish).

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #5,804 of 10,747
why doesnt anyone talk about SQ of the jh13?anybody who gets says its sq is great but dont get into any details(mids,highs.......),i know there are some reviews but i would like even more from more headfiers to get a better idea of it,all what people seems to talk about is refits and new impressions,i know this is very important but so is sq.
i dont mean to troll guys,i just want more reviews.

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #5,805 of 10,747
What? There has been extremely extensive review of jh-13's breakdown in sound quality. Most of which agree that the jh-13 is completely neutral with a very slight bump down towards the bottom for impact. I am not going to go into deep detail but if you look there has been many reviews addressing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back