JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Nov 5, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #5,746 of 10,743
I got my JH13's today. Yay! They are blacklight blue with custom artwork (see avatar). The left tip is clear. They sound great right out of the box but I'll refrain from more "review" type comments until I've had a chance to listen to them more. I need to contact them tomorrow about the edges of the sound tubes, they're sharp and need to be sanded/filed down a bit.

Anyway, some pics! (let me know if I need to resize them)
White/halogen light:
4076135173_75e39e506a_b.jpg

4076884842_911f6ee977_b.jpg

4076132769_ceb5f23425_b.jpg

blacklight:
4076137465_1d2d160586_b.jpg

4076896900_118bdd3a09_b.jpg

4076899222_9fdbdb6cc6_b.jpg

Figure this one out
smily_headphones1.gif
:
4076903850_9bda22722d_b.jpg

With the RSA Shadow. Velcro strip on the back of my ipod (hook), loop side on the shadow. Doing it again, I'll do double wide.

4076906280_0866e9c271_b.jpg

4076153389_652e18a964_b.jpg

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #5,748 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happybottle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that what Hotdoggie is trying to say is that all of this info may have come off to Moseboy like an undercover breaking story but to Jerry, he was hoping that Moseboy would spread the news.

Yes, you get my meaning. And, I was complimenting Jerry. Don't get hung up with the word "used"--it was meant to be funny, or at least that's what I was hoping people would interpret it.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #5,749 of 10,743
pics are stellar, Darwin!

Nov 5, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #5,751 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotdoggie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, you get my meaning. And, I was complimenting Jerry. Don't get hung up with the word "used"--it was meant to be funny, or at least that's what I was hoping people would interpret it.
rolleyes.gif

None taken
biggrin.gif
, just thought that if Jerry really wanted to let the word out, he could of just updated his thread with a few simple clicks.

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #5,752 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmoffitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pics are stellar, Darwin!

Quote:

Originally Posted by relishmalice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sweet pics.

Thanks guys!

Quote:

Darwin! Grats man, they look awesome! Color and artwork! The blacklight shots look fantast, lol.

Aside from the sharp edges, how's the fit, isolation, etc.?

On a side note, how long has the shadow been out???

Thanks, They fit pretty well. Left side seems to fit very well, gets a great seal easily and is comfortable. Right side seems a bit uncomfortable and tight. I had a headache all day on that side though, so I'll try again tomorrow hopefully without the headache and see how they are.

The most interesting thing about fitment that I've noticed compared to the UE5P's are that the barrels are MUCH shorter and more like a cone than a tube that winds into your ear. My UE's seem to create the seal well in the canal and are a bit loose outside of the canal. The seal on those is more picky than it should be. On the JH13's, the seal seems to be created by the wedge shaped barrel itself. Looks like they won't seal as well, but after putting them in, they seem to create a more sturdy seal easier.

Isolation seems decent (better than my UE's have become in the last year) but they don't pass the "pee test" as well as my old Etymotic ER4P's did. As long as there is music going through them, they've got great isolation though, much improved over the UE's.

I'll have a better idea on fitment/etc. after using them for a day or two.

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #5,754 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwin022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isolation seems decent (better than my UE's have become in the last year) but they don't pass the "pee test" as well as my old Etymotic ER4P's did. As long as there is music going through them, they've got great isolation though, much improved over the UE's.

Mind explaining that particular test?
icon10.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #5,755 of 10,743
Quote:

Thanks guys!

Thanks, They fit pretty well. Left side seems to fit very well, gets a great seal easily and is comfortable. Right side seems a bit uncomfortable and tight. I had a headache all day on that side though, so I'll try again tomorrow hopefully without the headache and see how they are.

The most interesting thing about fitment that I've noticed compared to the UE5P's are that the barrels are MUCH shorter and more like a cone than a tube that winds into your ear. My UE's seem to create the seal well in the canal and are a bit loose outside of the canal. The seal on those is more picky than it should be. On the JH13's, the seal seems to be created by the wedge shaped barrel itself. Looks like they won't seal as well, but after putting them in, they seem to create a more sturdy seal easier.

I'll have a better idea on fitment/etc. after using them for a day or two.

o.O ??

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #5,757 of 10,743
Quote:

o.O ??

I'll let you figure that one out for yourself
biggrin.gif
But passing = good isolation.

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #5,758 of 10,743
Quote:

I knew it was coming soon, didn't think it was out already. Thanks for the info.

Sorry forgot to mention that. Yep, check the http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/em...shadow-426420/ thread, last few pages Ray posted when the cutoff for pre-order pricing is. Very soon I think.

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #5,759 of 10,743
Quote:

Thanks guys!

hose is more picky than it should be. On the JH13's, the seal seems to be created by the wedge shaped barrel itself. Looks like they won't seal as well, but after putting them in, they seem to create a more sturdy seal easier.

Seems weird how most of the fit issues we hear about are on the right ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back