JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Nov 4, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #5,716 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happybottle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I couldn't get Jerry to answer a single damn email...he must think I'm a nigerian spammer or something
smily_headphones1.gif

Same here, have sent him couple emails about isolation but did not get a reponse yet.

Nov 4, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #5,717 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here, have sent him couple emails about isolation but did not get a reponse yet.

Assuming your issue hasn't been taken care of yet, have you tried calling? I was hoping he'd get back to me on my isolation/fit question, he didn't so I called and got a hold of Adam, who was very helpful.

Nov 4, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #5,718 of 10,743
So I received my 3rd re-fit today. This is the worst set yet. They modeled these after my sensaphonic e500 sleeves. I guess that wasn't the best idea. I do appreciate JH Audio's willingness to try however it looks like they will be going back yet again. I really do hope I eventually get a pair that fit correctly otherwise I will own a $1100.00 piece of plastic attached to some wire!

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #5,719 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happybottle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Assuming your issue hasn't been taken care of yet, have you tried calling? I was hoping he'd get back to me on my isolation/fit question, he didn't so I called and got a hold of Adam, who was very helpful.

The fit and seal are fine but when I compare to my UM56/UM3x, the isolation is better on UM56/UM3x by probably 8-10db. I want ask Jerry if it is possible to increase the isolation as I use it to travel and want to block ambient noise in the plane.

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #5,720 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsilvio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I received my 3rd re-fit today. This is the worst set yet. They modeled these after my sensaphonic e500 sleeves. I guess that wasn't the best idea. I do appreciate JH Audio's willingness to try however it looks like they will be going back yet again. I really do hope I eventually get a pair that fit correctly otherwise I will own a $1100.00 piece of plastic attached to some wire!

Wow, so sorry to hear that. Did you try to get another impression? It maybe a bad impression to begin with. Try "LeeMark" audiologist in Brookline Hearing Aid if you are in Boston area

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #5,721 of 10,743
I sent JHaudio and email to see how they think. I'm curious what they will say. I have sent two impressions already. My Audiologist specializes in Hearing loss prevention and works mostly with musicians including famous bands who want custom iems and ear plugs. He has made impressions for 2 custom sleeves, my pair of 2x-s' and a pair of musicians ear plugs. I've never had a problem till now. Now perhaps it is harder to get a good fit using hard shells vs. soft silicone.

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #5,723 of 10,743
My 2x-s' attenuate by 37db. I know that the hard shells can't come close but I didn't buy them (jh-13) for the isolation but for the sound. I wanted a great sounding pair of phones to use at my office.

I will continue to use my 2x-s' for the train and plane because of the isolation and the fact that I can listen at such low volumes and not have to compete with the outside noise. As a musician, I'm always trying to protect my hearing. Looking at all the people on the train blasting their ipod buds competing with the 85-100db that occurs in the subway I know there are going to be a lot of deaf people soon!

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #5,725 of 10,743
yeah, I know it will be worth it eventually. Although, I hope the 4th refit is really the last because this is starting to get stupid!

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #5,726 of 10,743
Quote:

The fit and seal are fine but when I compare to my UM56/UM3x, the isolation is better on UM56/UM3x by probably 8-10db. I want ask Jerry if it is possible to increase the isolation as I use it to travel and want to block ambient noise in the plane.

If there is a ready answer about how to increase isolation, I'd really like to hear it.

I took my JH13s to the audiologist (Sonus) where I had my impressions done and she said the fit was just right. But I still was wishing I could get better isolation from these IEMs. I fly a lot and a better isolation would make those long trips so much more bearable.

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #5,727 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there is a ready answer about how to increase isolation, I'd really like to hear it.

I took my JH13s to the audiologist (Sonus) where I had my impressions done and she said the fit was just right. But I still was wishing I could get better isolation from these IEMs. I fly a lot and a better isolation would make those long trips so much more bearable.

Exactly why I still love my sensaphonics!
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #5,728 of 10,743
Quote:

You know, from what people are writing, these aren't supposed to be super isolating monitors. There's several people that wrote about a lack of isolation when on a plane or hearing people talk around them. You should call JHA and find out for sure, though.

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #5,729 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsilvio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, I know it will be worth it eventually. Although, I hope the 4th refit is really the last because this is starting to get stupid!

This is just odd. Have you actually spoken to anyone over the phone about this? Do they realize that this is your 4th refit?

I have to ask out of curiosity, what has been the fit problem? Like on this last one, what exactly was wrong?

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #5,730 of 10,743
I'm happy to say that my shipping schedule plan worked! I shipped them out last Friday with 2day shipping so that they could be repaired and arrive back here on this Friday. I just received my shipping notification, looks like they'll be back here on Friday! Hope re-fit works out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back