JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Sep 2, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #4,141 of 10,743
2 Mad Scientists at play!
tongue.gif

Sep 2, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #4,142 of 10,743
I got the JH|13 PROs today and I had them in my ears as much as I could at work. Checked them out with the iPhone and the HeadRoom Desktop Amp/Dac. You can guess which one sounded better, but both were as good as I have heard either with IEMs.

These are my first customs so I need to play them some and get used to them and make sure I have them in right, but just walking around at lunch they stayed sealed and sounded fantastic. Looking forward to spending some time with these and then comparing lots of amps with them.

A few initial pics to get the idea.

3878801339_159a53c37c.jpg

3878801061_0624199e0a.jpg

3879596860_58c20584a8.jpg

Sep 2, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #4,143 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I posted a pictorial guide, but it's totally lost in this thread.

I'll post up a dedicated tutorial thread when I get the chance, that perhaps should be a sticky. It will apply to all customs.

-Ed

A repost of the guide would be great. I had that post bookmarked, but I deleted it when the images disappeared for whatever reason. (Shoulda kept it for easy linkage; sorry).

Sep 2, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #4,146 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I posted a pictorial guide, but it's totally lost in this thread.

I'll post up a dedicated tutorial thread when I get the chance, that perhaps should be a sticky. It will apply to all customs.

-Ed

Thanks, Ed. Much appreciated. I am sure there are others that would benefit from a tutorial thread.

Sep 2, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #4,147 of 10,743
Sep 3, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #4,149 of 10,743
These things are just superb, no mistake they reveal everything.

Unfortunately for me that means the short comings of mismatched OpAmps in my P3+. It's very strange and not being a techie I can't tell you why but with G/V bypassed I get serious siblance on certain songs, normally when it's a quiet part. With OpAmps in G/V the problem disapears. It is worse with some chips in L/R than others.

I'm looking at moving away from the OpAmp rolling for an amp built around a particular chip or circuit, something from Ray Samuels maybe?

Can you guys recommend me something with serious synergie, Shadow? P51? Hawk?

Thanks in advance

Sep 3, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #4,150 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These things are just superb, no mistake they reveal everything.

Unfortunately for me that means the short comings of mismatched OpAmps in my P3+. It's very strange and not being a techie I can't tell you why but with G/V bypassed I get serious siblance on certain songs, normally when it's a quiet part. With OpAmps in G/V the problem disapears. It is worse with some chips in L/R than others.

I'm looking at moving away from the OpAmp rolling for an amp built around a particular chip or circuit, something from Ray Samuels maybe?

Can you guys recommend me something with serious synergie, Shadow? P51? Hawk?

Thanks in advance

I need to let you try my GSP Voyager for you to make a comparison.

The newer breed of small amps were getting my attention for a test but the Voyager fights well above its price range in my view.
Sceptre

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #4,152 of 10,743
Well after 4000+ posts I was convinced I had to get these, I am getting my impressions done tomorrow and then will send them off. I just can't wait. As in my sig, I have the predator and using a 160gb Ipod running lossless files, the UE TF10s sound great. If the JH13pros are what everyone says they are, this should be unbelievably good!! I saw a number of people have used the predator with the JH13pros and I was wondering what those people thought. I am on the wait list for the shadow and I bet it would work well too. Thanks and cheers. One last thing. As for color, I was thinking of the translucent blue as I want something simple and not too showy. No artwork for now. Any feelings about that or is it just too dumb to ask?

Lee

Sep 4, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #4,154 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening to the remastered White Album (Stereo) in FLAC with the JH13 Pro. I'm speechless.

Is this the new remastered from Japan? I have the whole set on order from Amazon in stereo and the mono. I have read the new stuff is exceptional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back