JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Sep 1, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #4,126 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got one of these from Mike at Fequency City and it's just perfect!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawpunch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have to say that i think the best carrying case for the jh13 pro (or any headphones for that matter) has to be the ultimate ears small metal case. purchased one, and have never looked back since. the jh13 pro carbon fiber case is useful for keeping other accessories in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jochen.schell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is absolutely right!
First I carried my UE's in it, then my Westone 3 and now my JH13
It is small, rigid and so for my taste absolutely perfect.

Jochen

I have the Westone D-shape clamshell and the UE metal cases, but also the small rectangular case from Westone that comes with W1 is also nice for me to carry IEM in my cargo pants pocket. I like the zipped cases better than the metal ones because it wont pop open or dent if you drop it. And the newer rectangular hard case is more convenient than the older Westone clamshell (D-shape) hardcase. Any of them will work for pocket carry, but I'd still like to buy the CF pocket case Edwood designed.

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #4,127 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so kinda defeats the purpose if you ask me. only way to do it is to either steal the pins out of a 'donor cable' or make the connectors yourself (my favorite option) out of silver wire and epoxy putty. time consuming and fiddly, but well worth the effort if yo ask me.

Now there is food for thought.
I've got a solid 500g silver bar but I'll guess I'll look out for some silver wire with diameter 0.5mm. Anyone got a better spec than that?

Sceptre

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #4,128 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must say, my carbon fibre box sits on a shelf. Never used it.

However, anyone know where I could get some replacement connectors for the JH13s?

My cable has felt a little short but I have been putting up with that. The slight greening of the cable has started here and I wanted to try out a slightly longer high spec ACS cable but need the connectors to fit the JH13s. Help appreciated.

Regards

Sceptre

PS $10 donated to head-fi for the HPA review.

Can anyone show pics of what is being talked about here? I'm probably going to need a replacement cable myself as tall as I am :s

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #4,129 of 10,743
JH Audio JH13PRO Custom Earbuds | Wired.com Product Reviews

btw lol. comments are priceless. bunch of idiots. Thought What is wired doing calling these earbuds
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #4,131 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by blargman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH Audio JH13PRO Custom Earbuds | Wired.com Product Reviews

btw lol. comments are priceless. bunch of idiots. Thought What is wired doing calling these earbuds
biggrin.gif

It is pretty funny that Wired added these to their "Back to School Gift Guide". Is anybody planning to buy a pair for their kid?

(Also, awesome artwork Lil' Knight. JH13's with mechs on them are like a geek's dream. I mean that in the nicest possible way.)

Sep 1, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #4,132 of 10,743
Sep 1, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #4,134 of 10,743
I'm in a bit of a Goldilocks and the 3 Bears moment. I'm awaiting another refit. The redone ones are painful to wear for long periods. But I get a full seal easily.

But they sound so great, I can put up with the pain while I listen. It can be quite a hassle when getting customs. But once they're perfect it's pure bliss. Is it worth the hassle?

Absolutely.

FYI, according to Jerry, 92-94% of their customers have had the perfect fit without refits needed. So I'm just in that 6-8% minority.
wink.gif

-Ed

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #4,135 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by giovanni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
got them !!!

wow .... I had no idea how to put them on. I just tried to figure it out and it was a disaster, unconfortable, too big, sticking out and the sound a nightmare!!!

Then I thought that I would check the pics in here and, oh well, sure enough I had them on all wrong.

The fit seems pretty good so far and the sound very good. I can certainly say very good about the sound after just a couple of minutes. For more on the sound I need more time obviously and same for the fit.

Ciaooooo and thanks again for those pics !

I'm seriously considering getting these and they will be my first customs. Any tips on how best to wear/fit these?

Sep 2, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #4,136 of 10,743
I new I would most likely need a refit as it seems like the way things normally go for me. I didn't. :^)

I just made up another custom cable for these. This one is of some very high end tonearm cable, 28 gauge. It is teflon over long crystal very high purity copper. Burning it in now. Very pliable and it is working out very well so far. I was also very surprised at the low resistance of the wire. The JH is around .8 ohm and this is about .3 ohm and the overall diameter is smaller.

Sep 2, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #4,137 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm seriously considering getting these and they will be my first customs. Any tips on how best to wear/fit these?

I posted a pictorial guide, but it's totally lost in this thread.

I'll post up a dedicated tutorial thread when I get the chance, that perhaps should be a sticky. It will apply to all customs.

-Ed

Sep 2, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #4,138 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I new I would most likely need a refit as it seems like the way things normally go for me. I didn't. :^)

I just made up another custom cable for these. This one is of some very high end tonearm cable, 28 gauge. It is teflon over long crystal very high purity copper. Burning it in now. Very pliable and it is working out very well so far. I was also very surprised at the low resistance of the wire. The JH is around .8 ohm and this is about .3 ohm and the overall diameter is smaller.

I have a Livewires cable made from 33g Cardas tonearm cable that after a 100 hour burn-in is quite nice. But, it's too thin to use it anywhere but at the desk at home.

Sep 2, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #4,139 of 10,743
Yes, the Cardas wire is really small. It would require a jacket to make it more durable. I have some here and will have to give it a try. I have some other 33 gauge that is considered some of the best tonearm wire around and will give that a go.

Sep 2, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #4,140 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the Cardas wire is really small. It would require a jacket to make it more durable. I have some here and will have to give it a try. I have some other 33 gauge that is considered some of the best tonearm wire around and will give that a go.

Mine runs through a cotton shoelace most of the way, with skinny wires from the "y-split" to the earpiece connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back