JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 29, 2009 at 10:38 AM Post #4,066 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they don't seal correctly then JHA does the redo at their cost.

Thanks John.

I have been messing about with the fit on my left and I have found that if I bend the memory wire in such a way that it pushes the bottom part of the shell slightly the problem goes away temporarily. Man I really don't want to do with out these for any period of time, but I guess that's where it'll end up...

Aug 29, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #4,068 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know you said nothing negative about the JH13's. What I meant was you did NOT praise them enough, which to some might translate as almost saying something negativ about theme.

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as sound quality and overall presentation is concerned, the 13's beat the 10's in every area that I would use for a review, and also my musical listening enjoyment, but only in small increments.

Praise is praise. They are my "go to" headphone right now, for both portability and home amp use (obviously much easier with a longer cable).

Aug 29, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #4,069 of 10,743
these things are crazy good with a good source IMO. never have I heard an IEM capable of scaling so well!! they sound superb out of iphone, but with the northstar dac and melos almost too good to be true. once I have the buffalo32 fully cased up and under full rotation I ca see these being pretty much the only HP I use. perhaps with the HD600 (balanced) used every now and then for music that requires a more airy presentation

Aug 29, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #4,070 of 10,743
yeah they do indeed scale up well. Mine sounds GREAT with RWA Isabellina DAC and Ear HP-4 in front. Kind of the best of both worlds, so warm yet so detailed as well. I think I need a refit though. Anyone know how long the turnaround time is on a refit?

Aug 29, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #4,071 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What will be the first thing you guys (and girls) listen to when your JH13's arrive?

I think I'm going to take CrazyGuy106's suggestion and go with Avishai Cohen. Most likely it will be the album Gently Disturbed. It's a beautiful piano trio recording which should let the 13s shine.

Then, it's Michael Jackson's Off The Wall. What a recording!

Damien Rice - O

Aug 29, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #4,072 of 10,743
There's a lot of talk here of refits. For a refit, I assume you just go back to your audiologist, get another set of impressions, and send them down? If so, shouldn't the odds of getting a correct fit the second time be pretty much the same as the first time (if not, the audiologist should do 2 fits in 1 sitting, and just sent the second impressions)?

What am I missing here?

Aug 29, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #4,073 of 10,743
This too confuses me. I wonder what determines a bad fit. Poor impressions, poor shell making... I hope it would be the impressions, but getting another set made wont necessarily mean they'll be any better than the first.

I'll be getting my first pair of customs soon and I'm sending in two sets of impressions from two different audiologists, neither of which are 100%.

Aug 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #4,074 of 10,743
This too confuses me. I wonder what determines a bad fit. Poor impressions, poor shell making... I hope it would be the impressions, but getting another set made wont necessarily mean they'll be any better than the first.

I'll be getting my first pair of customs soon and I'm sending in two sets of impressions from two different audiologists, neither of which are 100%.

Aug 29, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #4,075 of 10,743
My audiologist said if they didn't fit right I could bring them in and she could help buff them or whatever needed to be done to get them to fit right
wink.gif

Have any of you tried that instead of sending them all the way back to JH?

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #4,076 of 10,743
No...no.

It usually means the IEM maker either adds or removes some material to the headphone to make a better fit or seal.

Aug 30, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #4,078 of 10,743
Quote:

No...no.

It usually means the IEM maker either adds or removes some material to the headphone to make a better fit or seal.

1. I know some people do go back to their audiologist. That's what I don't understand.

2. But let's set them aside for a second. How would you describe to the maker what to add or take away in exactly what place?

Aug 30, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #4,079 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by blargman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My audiologist said if they didn't fit right I could bring them in and she could help buff them or whatever needed to be done to get them to fit right
wink.gif

Have any of you tried that instead of sending them all the way back to JH?

I've been there -- had a rough time getting my UE11 to fit. In my experience, it's a real crapshoot. If you know exactly what needs to be done, it's possible you'd be happy with the results, but I tried several times (at different points in the process) to work with my audiologist to sand down/buff the earpieces, and it never worked for me. (And of course, they can only remove material.)

Aug 30, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #4,080 of 10,743
Quote:

No...no.

Why take any off anyway? I did an impression of my own with one of those earplugstore kits. It was missing a small part that may not even be that important, but i decided not to send it in. I've been "dry fitting" it if you will, simply sliding it in and out of my ear and it fits perfect, as you can imagine. Why not leave the IEM just like that. I don't find it uncomfortable and the impression blocks out a ton of noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back