JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 28, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #4,036 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then I didn't understand correctly. As I stressed out in my post, I wasn't quite sure I'd gotten the straight facts on that point. Thank you for clearing it up!

You don't need to read this thread to get the info, it's very clearly stated on the jhaudio.com website:

"Step #4: Send your earmolds + order confirmation (we'll email you) to..."

Just follow the order procedure on the website and you'll be fine.

Aug 28, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #4,037 of 10,743
MadDog - This is an appreciation thread, I will agree this thread is cluttered but heck its 269 pages long. I don't know why forum's don't do a more active Wiki / Forum system for keeping the discussion in the forum and the facts / reviews / usable info in a more readable form. Head-fi really should have a good wiki imo.

[redact long rant about shipping] meh i gave up caring.

Refrains from posting in this thread until his jh13's arrive!

Aug 28, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #4,039 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radio_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I currently have a markl modded d5000 and an alo recabled edition 9. Would it be worth it for me to sell my edition 9 to get a jh13pro? is it considered an upgrade? (I like its portability, I'm talking SQ wise.) This would be in a portable rig, with a classic ipod>LOD>p-51.

pfillion will tell you, yes
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #4,040 of 10,743
Someone indicated DCD earlier in the thread, Into The Labyrinth which was great. If you like DCD, check out Aion on SACD or Towards the Within on the JH13's, goosebumps.

Also, Spirtchaser sounds as amazing as I have ever heard it from a HiFi system through the JH13 Pro's.

Aug 28, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #4,041 of 10,743
Quote:

I currently have a markl modded d5000 and an alo recabled edition 9. Would it be worth it for me to sell my edition 9 to get a jh13pro? is it considered an upgrade? (I like its portability, I'm talking SQ wise.) This would be in a portable rig, with a classic ipod>LOD>p-51.

Sine receiving my JH|13s I have only used my Ed9 for about 3 hours for comparisson purposes. My D7000 (stock with JMoney leather pads) have had about 5 hours use.

JH|13s have had about 200 hours of use.

Yes I like them more than my full size collection.

Sceptre

Aug 28, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #4,044 of 10,743
Is it an acceptable use of the thread for JH-13Pro owners to compare it with their previous favourite iem's? or is this a thread for experiences of the purchasing process, colour and design options, processing delays and shipping costs?

Like many others reading here, I am very interested in this product but I am so happy with my IE8s that I am not sure what I would gain in terms of SQ.

When this question is raised elsewhere (see the JH13 vs UM3x thread) the responses seem to be obsessed with the cost difference. Cost is a personal matter and if I have taken my interest this far then I have already done my budgeting so there is no need to belabour the fact that the JH13s cost much more.

What I would love to see is a thread for comparative SQ reviews and analysis.

Aug 28, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #4,045 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by rebski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it an acceptable use of the thread for JH-13Pro owners to compare it with their previous favourite iem's? or is this a thread for experiences of the purchasing process, colour and design options, processing delays and shipping costs?

Like many others reading here, I am very interested in this product but I am so happy with my IE8s that I am not sure what I would gain in terms of SQ.

When this question is raised elsewhere (see the JH13 vs UM3x thread) the responses seem to be obsessed with the cost difference. Cost is a personal matter and if I have taken my interest this far then I have already done my budgeting so there is no need to belabour the fact that the JH13s cost much more.

What I would love to see is a thread for comparative SQ reviews and analysis.

Yes, it's acceptable. The best previous iem that I owned was the Shure SE530, which was improved by modding it with a full custom mold and UE cable.

I really enjoyed my SE530s, but there really is no comparison whatsoever with the JH-13s.

The JH-13s do everything better than the SE530s, and not just a little bit better, but significantly better.

I haven't personally heard any universal iem that has any aspect of frequency response or presentation that is comparable to what l hear from JH-13s.

@ Audiofiler, thanks for the Spiritchaser recommendation. Listening to them now and it sounds spectacular.

Aug 28, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #4,046 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And I'll add that even if Brittany was not monitoring this thread, potential buyers should be able to see both the pros and cons in a single thread - I know I would like that. As rightly stated by Sinocelt, other threads get quickly buried. The suggestion of moving the shipping and comms issues to a different thread strike me as form --although indirect-- of censorship of VERY valid issues.

It's not censorship.

This thread is not a customer support thread (or a wishful thinking customer support thread). If JH Audio wants to have their own dedicated thread or forum, they can do so like other sponsors do. Since this is a public thread in the general Portable Headphones forum, specific customer support issues should be taken up directly with the vendor in question (i.e. JH Audio).

Of course JH Audio is free to monitor this thread, but they, like any Member of the Trade, have limits to their involvement in this thread.

That's not to say customer support issues cannot be discussed, especially big issues as a heads up. But to post about it here before even contacting JH Audio specifically is not the best approach. Call and email them first. Then discuss. Again, just because JH Audio reads this thread, does not mean they read and respond to every single post here. It can and will be lost in this immense thread.

That said, the very fact that this is a very popular and huge thread is the very reason to limit the number of posts like the shipping charge complaints. Do we really want to read 20 pages of consecutive posts complaining about shipping charges?

-Ed

Aug 28, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #4,047 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ Audiofiler, thanks for the Spiritchaser recommendation. Listening to them now and it sounds spectacular.

You're welcome, check your PM..
wink.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #4,049 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not censorship.

This thread is not a customer support thread (or a wishful thinking customer support thread). If JH Audio wants to have their own dedicated thread or forum, they can do so like other sponsors do. Since this is a public thread in the general Portable Headphones forum, specific customer support issues should be taken up directly with the vendor in question (i.e. JH Audio).

Of course JH Audio is free to monitor this thread, but they, like any Member of the Trade, have limits to their involvement in this thread.

That's not to say customer support issues cannot be discussed, especially big issues as a heads up. But to post about it here before even contacting JH Audio specifically is not the best approach. Call and email them first. Then discuss. Again, just because JH Audio reads this thread, does not mean they read and respond to every single post here. It can and will be lost in this immense thread.

That said, the very fact that this is a very popular and huge thread is the very reason to limit the number of posts like the shipping charge complaints. Do we really want to read 20 pages of consecutive posts complaining about shipping charges?

-Ed

First of all, I didn't say boomana's post was clear/ obvious censorship, but that it "strikes me as form --although indirect-- of censorship of VERY valid issues" -- and I still feel that way.

To me, whether Brttany or JH follow this thread or not, is irrelevant. I should imagine they'd be following the thread if they have any business sense, but that is irrelevant to the point I was making. And I certainly don't expect any sort of involvement from their part in this thread.

HOWEVER, If I was considering getting these customs -- and more so living in Europe --, this information would be quite relevant as well as SQ, comfort, possible re-fit issues (and the possible extra costs involved), and so on. If there's a dedicated thread for these issues for vendors great but, again, that was not my point and I doubt most people looking for such information would know about such dedicated threads.

While I agree many posts on such issues are irrelevant (eg 'mine should've arrived today, bummer now they'll probably be here tomorrow or Monday' or 'tracking says they're in Honduras, but I know they're still in Florida') there are other very informative posts re: CS, shipping costs, wrong colours, and so on as well SQ. Also, I don't believe negative CS/ admin issues has taken up 20 pages of this thread by a long shot, but even if it did, people can easily skip such posts; I know I often skip quite a few posts here and in other threads.

Aug 28, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #4,050 of 10,743
Quote:

The JH13s are clearly better in every way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back