JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 28, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #4,022 of 10,743
I noticed that when I got a new set of JH13's from a refit, they must have swapped the cable. It's noticeably longer left and right side wires to the "Y" yoke. By at least 2-3 inches longer. So it leaves plenty of room under the chin without choking up at all.

Unless I've lost that much chin fat recently.
tongue.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #4,023 of 10,743
I hope 48" is long enough for me. I"m 6'4" not sure how long my cable is on my sony's here. I imagine probably no longer than 48".
2 weeks = longest wait ever. This is hell!
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #4,024 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to ask that there be no more shipping talk in this thread. I do think it's a legit topic, and if I have time later, I'll move posts from this thread and start a separate thread. In the meantime, and I specifically recall asking nicely before, please let's keep this thread somewhat on track so that members just coming to it can find information about the jh13, and not everything else but.

Brittany has been said to monitor this thread. Comments about JHA's service made in a separate thread, too focused and thus quickly buried, may never be seen. Should another thread be started also by people who have problems getting in touch with JHA by email? And yet another thread by people who are regularly inquiring about the time it takes from order to delivery?

Aug 28, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #4,025 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by blargman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope 48" is long enough for me. I"m 6'4" not sure how long my cable is on my sony's here. I imagine probably no longer than 48".
2 weeks = longest wait ever. This is hell!
biggrin.gif

shouldn't be a big problem, but if it is. just run out and grab a extension, or grab a 64" from Ultimate Ears =)

Aug 28, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #4,026 of 10,743
For those of you tracking shipping, I just found out from calling UPS that my package still hasn't arrived, even though the website says that it has. Apparently, the website posts the "logical" path, and not the physical. So, even though the site says that my package is in Hong Kong, it is still physically in Anchorage.

Will get mine on Monday.

Aug 28, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #4,027 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by oxophone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi HPA, did you also compare JH13-pro to full-size cans?

[I did go through a part of that thread.]

Hi Oxo,

The JH13 Pro's compare to high-end full sized cans in many ways such as resolution, transparency, speed, and accuracy.

HPA linked his great 3-way review thread but there are other comparisons to full sized cans on the boards available that should help. My review compared features of full sized cans to the 13's.

Aug 28, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #4,028 of 10,743
This thread has become a waiting lounge for those who ordered JH13. Although I myself is also on waiting mode, I resent of this thread becoming most non-informative, trivial grafitti strings. No longer seeing useful information about the product itself.

Of course, I just add my share of gibberish...
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #4,029 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you tracking shipping, I just found out from calling UPS that my package still hasn't arrived, even though the website says that it has. Apparently, the website posts the "logical" path, and not the physical. So, even though the site says that my package is in Hong Kong, it is still physically in Anchorage.

Will get mine on Monday.

Sort of defeats the purpose of tracking eh.

Aug 28, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #4,030 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brittany has been said to monitor this thread. Comments about JHA's service made in a separate thread, too focused and thus quickly buried, may never be seen. Should another thread be started also by people who have problems getting in touch with JHA by email? And yet another thread by people who are regularly inquiring about the time it takes from order to delivery?

And I'll add that even if Brittany was not monitoring this thread, potential buyers should be able to see both the pros and cons in a single thread - I know I would like that. As rightly stated by Sinocelt, other threads get quickly buried. The suggestion of moving the shipping and comms issues to a different thread strike me as form --although indirect-- of censorship of VERY valid issues.

Aug 28, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #4,031 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And I'll add that even if Brittany was not monitoring this thread, potential buyers should be able to see both the pros and cons in a single thread - I know I would like that. As rightly stated by Sinocelt, other threads get quickly buried. The suggestion of moving the shipping and comms issues to a different thread strike me as form --although indirect-- of censorship of VERY valid issues.

I agree with the bird, though of course no censorship was intended. Other issues (bad fit, wrong art or color, even missing IEM) haven't received any warning. But I do think it's an unvolontary American-centric perspective that international shipping costs are irrelevant since, well, Americans couldn't care less. Let's consider the posts on this very page:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Will get mine on Monday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread has become a waiting lounge for those who ordered JH13. Although I myself is waiting on mode, I resent of this thread becoming most non-informative, trivial grafitti strings. No longer seeing useful information about the product itself.

Of course, I just add my share of gibberish...
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sort of defeats the purpose of tracking eh.

MadDog is right. There are plenty of "I'm waiting impatiently" posts, and none of them got a warning for cluttering the thread. If anything, posts discussing shipping costs (and possible solutions) should be considered a little more useful than these. After all, the shipping costs are part of the cost of the JH13, and if the $100 rebate for early buyers was considered valuable, then an additional $75 can't be completely negligible.

More importantly, though, as davidhunternyc expressed it more clearly than I could, it's mostly about value: while $1100 for the JH13 may be a bargain for the sound they offer, compared to much more expensive full-sized headphones, $75 for shipping feels quite overpriced. To push to the extreme, $1100 would be cheap for a new car and you would pay with a big smile, but you wouldn't spend $75 on a candy bar.

Aug 28, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #4,034 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another potential problem is that, if I understood correctly, JHA sends the order form only after receiving your ear impressions; so you don't hear about the $75 shipping fee until you've already invested money... unless, that is, you got the information from this very thread.

I have gotten my order form before sending out the impressions. I have sent out two pairs of impressions so far and I have included the order form for both of the times.

Aug 28, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #4,035 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have gotten my order form before sending out the impressions. I have sent out two pairs of impressions so far and I have included the order form for both of the times.

Then I didn't understand correctly. As I stressed out in my post, I wasn't quite sure I'd gotten the straight facts on that point. Thank you for clearing it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back