JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 26, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #3,991 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by tamahome77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gulp....The 717 is 20lbs though. I'm thinking the the earphones should be less than 5lbs total
confused.gif

I guess I'll just have to suck it up living outside US.

Or don't get jh13's. I think the answer is obvious
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #3,992 of 10,747
Just got my UPS number!!! Should have mine in a couple days. Soon after they arrive I'll post some pics (mine should be totally clear with no logo) and initial impressions versus my UE-11s, which at this point I'm very familiar with.

Aug 26, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #3,993 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by matt8268 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my UPS number!!! Should have mine in a couple days. Soon after they arrive I'll post some pics (mine should be totally clear with no logo) and initial impressions versus my UE-11s, which at this point I'm very familiar with.

Great!
smile.gif

When did you send in the impressions?

Aug 27, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #3,994 of 10,747
Sent them on 8/7 with 2-3 day delivery. Just shipped out (or at least got the UPS tracking number) today, 8/26. So took roughly 2 weeks from when they received impressions.

Aug 27, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #3,995 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe u could upload pics of ur JH13s and other customs?

i have only one pictorial up right now which is here because some of my other customs are away getting tweaked. One is getting tweaked from a bad fit from a loooong time ago, but worth it i think. that one has the worst cable of them all though its connector is probably the best (CT6 from Sleek).

Aug 27, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #3,996 of 10,747
Quote:

Sent them on 8/7 with 2-3 day delivery. Just shipped out (or at least got the UPS tracking number) today, 8/26. So took roughly 2 weeks from when they received impressions.

MY jealousy is mammoth sized.
smily_headphones1.gif

What did you get on them for artwork if any?

I chose red only due to I don't want any artwork slowing down me getting them
biggrin.gif

And I couldn't think of anything good.
wink.gif

Aug 27, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #3,997 of 10,747
Quote:

Arrggg!!!! Mine was shipped the same day with yours
frown.gif

Aug 27, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #3,998 of 10,747
Quote:

Gulp....The 717 is 20lbs though. I'm thinking the the earphones should be less than 5lbs total
confused.gif

I guess I'll just have to suck it up living outside US.

try considerably less than 1lb

Quote:

wow

Quote:

certainly do seem to be getting them out quicker...for some. seems there are still issues with some getting processed late, while others breeze right through. not saying there is preferential treatment going on, but seems some orders go missing and get delayed; while others sneak into the line and get shipped before others are even started. I guess things are pretty chaotic there at the moment and things get mixed up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Arrggg!!!! Mine was shipped the same day with yours
frown.gif

^^ see above; that sux, but at least it does seem to be getting quicker. the SQ IS worth the worry though, but i'm dreading sending them back in for artwork. still no word on when the machine will be there; glad I didnt wait. also not sure if I can be without them while I wait.

I assume at some point soon, they will start being a well oiled machine, still experiencing growing pains I guess; as is to be expected with the huge amount of orders;

Aug 27, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #3,999 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Curses!
You guys got me. Just found out mine shipped today. I'm such a sucker for high-end headphones. Podhead will appreciate the artwork I ordered. I'm a big fan of Dark Side of the Moon....

Im guessing our artwork will be looking an awful lot alike
smile.gif

Mine should be shipping next week....

Aug 27, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #4,000 of 10,747
I got clear, no logo. I'm sure that is why mine are shipping ahead of ones ordered at the same time with a logo. I have clear UE10's with a silver faceplate with logo, and translucent blue UE11's with a logo. I chose totally clear no logo for JH13s for a few reasons:

1. I have had problems with itchy ears for over 2 years now. Definitely the IEMs don't help, but I stopped for a couple months (with various ear medicines) and it didn't cure it. I'm going clear on the off chance that I may be allergic to something in the dyes used when making them color. Very off chance I think, but this way I'll know for sure.

2. I want to be able to see the insides of these babies. But if it weren't for reason 1, I would have probably gone 25% smoke.

3. I have found the logos on my UE10s and UE11s to be worthless. Don't get me wrong, they both came out really well and I think they look cool, but I don't ever look at it because they are in my ears or in their case, and nobody has ever said anything while I'm wearing them. People just don't notice that stuff, especially when the logo is that small. It's funny, I agonized both times about the logos for my UE10s and UE11s. Spent a LOT of time selecting just what I wanted. And both times it came out exactly as I planned it. But ironically, now I couldn't care less.

Aug 27, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #4,001 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try considerably less than 1lb

I went to the UPS website and filed their "Estimate Time and Cost" form, using educated guesses for size (small box) and weight (less than 2 lb). Result? $83.02 for Wordlwide Expedited and... $85.79 for Wordwide Saver.

UPS is nuts.

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #4,002 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went to the UPS website and filed their "Estimate Time and Cost" form, using educated guesses for size (small box) and weight (less than 2 lb). Result? $83.02 for Wordlwide Expedited and... $85.79 for Wordwide Saver.

UPS is nuts.

I did the same thing and got $56.39 for Worldwide Expedited and $58.68 for worldwide saver.
On the bright side, it'll only take 1-2 days for delivery assuming there's no holdup at customs.

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #4,003 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UPS is nuts.

Quote:

I did the same thing and got $56.39 for Worldwide Expedited and $58.68 for worldwide saver.
On the bright side, it'll only take 1-2 days for delivery assuming there's no holdup at customs.

these 2 posts just go to illustrate that the shipping costs may not be as slight as others are reporting that their personal experiences might indicate. remember, JHA is a small company and UPS goes and picks up from them, the only shipper to agree to do so. that may change their fee structure. as previously mentioned Brittany says that what JHA charges the customer is what UPS charges them, or even less. she has said that they are not making any money on shipping and in fact often subsidize shipping costs overseas. they don't have other companies that are willing to pick up from them, nor do they have the staff to take it over to the shipper, else production would be delayed. this info was reported by me recently and was also added to the JHA info post that's linked to from the first post in the thread. i know this thread is massive and therefore difficult to navigate but folks, that's exactly why i made several info posts (JHA info, meta-impressions, audiologist reference) which Brad has cited on the first page of this thread.

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #4,004 of 10,747
yes, that is true, but at the same time, along with a nice printer, it would be nice to get a staff who could go to usps and send by ems to other countries for 22$. anything more than that isn't worth it unless it is insured (for another 8$).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back