JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 27, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #4,006 of 10,749
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So does USPS.

This seems contrary to what has been posted previously.

Are people seriously upset about 50$ shipping on a 1100$ headphone lol. I'd pay 200$ in shipping if it meant I'd get it in -1week
smily_headphones1.gif
!!!

Aug 27, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #4,007 of 10,749
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
these 2 posts just go to illustrate that the shipping costs may not be as slight as others are reporting that their personal experiences might indicate. remember JHA is a small company and UPS goes and picks up from them. as previously mentioned what they charge the customer is what UPS charges them, or even less. Brittany has stated that they are not making any money on shipping and in fact often subsidize shipping costs overseas. they don't have other companies that are willing to pick up from them, nor do they have the staff to take it over to the shipper, else product doesn't get built!

sure as a one off and using UPS, my point was, there are other options and even here in OZ where international shipping is very expensive, it does not cost that much. UPS is only good if you want really quick; their 'cheaper' ones are a rip-off!!. EMS is absolutely the way to go, even fedex is cheaper.

with the money saved shipping or even half the money saved; (so there is savings passed on) a person could be employed to just take things from and pick things up from the post office. with just ten packages (international) there is a saving of $600USD with EMS

Aug 27, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #4,008 of 10,749
Quote:

Originally Posted by podhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im guessing our artwork will be looking an awful lot alike
smile.gif

Mine should be shipping next week....

Mine are stuck in Kentucky now. Will try to take some shots when I get them. Yours should be better with the practice they got on mine. Did you chose a black background too (SACD release was dark blue). This is the link I sent - http://www.austinchronicle.com/binar...f_the_moon.jpg

Everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Aug 27, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #4,009 of 10,749
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
these 2 posts just go to illustrate that the shipping costs may not be as slight as others are reporting that their personal experiences might indicate.

UPS shipping isn't cheap. I've used both USPS and FedEx and both were much cheaper. I still have the box from USPS and the stamp shows $41.95 (for more than 6 lb).

Jeremy is right: ten units per day amount to a lot of money wasted on UPS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blargman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are people seriously upset about 50$ shipping on a 1100$ headphone lol. I'd pay 200$ in shipping if it meant I'd get it in -1week
smily_headphones1.gif
!!!

We obviously don't have the same disposable income.

Aug 27, 2009 at 9:16 AM Post #4,010 of 10,749
Hey all, just seeking you guys' help for my 1st custom iem.. My first post here.. Haha..

Just asking, if anyone out there has previously thought of getting JH11 but in the end chose JH13?? Just because of $100 difference?

I know JH11 and JH13 are of different sound sig, however, may I know what kind of music preference is normally recommended for JH13?

I have been back and forth between JH11 and JH13.. Really need some advice from you guys.. What if I listen to pop, rock, alternative, r&b/soul, hip-hop/rap, a bit of classical and jazz??

Will be using with iMod, SXC LOD, P-51.. Any input/advice would be appreciated!! Cheers guys!

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #4,011 of 10,749
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif
!!!

Feel free to do that if that makes you happy.

That's not what I call wisely spent money. 1,100$ is a big sum of money but everything must be reasonable. I shipped two 1,500$ headphones which are much heavier than the JH13s outside the US and none of them exceeded 50$.

Aug 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #4,012 of 10,749
Quote:

This seems contrary to what has been posted previously.

smily_headphones1.gif
!!!

Its horrible that this thread has turned into issues about shipping cost.

I think if you are complaining about $50 for shipping, you probably should not be spending $1100 on iem's.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 27, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #4,014 of 10,749
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBY03evo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its horrible that this thread has turned into issues about shipping cost.

I think if you are complaining about $50 for shipping, you probably should not be spending $1100 on iem's.
evil_smiley.gif

To some people, the discussion isn't about shipping costs, but more importantly, about value. Spending $1100 on state-of-the-art IEM's is a value orientated decision and, according the reviews here, the JH-13's seem to be worth every penny. Yet, spending $50 on shipping for a service that should cost much less just isn't a good value for many people and that is why they are speaking their minds here. Even if the shipping were $20, that extra $30 could be used for a night out to dinner, to buy a couple of CD's, or to help pay a phone bill.

Aug 27, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #4,015 of 10,749
Can we move back to the JH13 love?
smily_headphones1.gif

mcgino - for next day delivery or something I think yes. but generally no. Sorry man
wink.gif

Aug 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #4,016 of 10,749
Quote:

Originally Posted by ticket2HF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey all, just seeking you guys' help for my 1st custom iem.. My first post here.. Haha..

Just asking, if anyone out there has previously thought of getting JH11 but in the end chose JH13?? Just because of $100 difference?

I know JH11 and JH13 are of different sound sig, however, may I know what kind of music preference is normally recommended for JH13?

I have been back and forth between JH11 and JH13.. Really need some advice from you guys.. What if I listen to pop, rock, alternative, r&b/soul, hip-hop/rap, a bit of classical and jazz??

Will be using with iMod, SXC LOD, P-51.. Any input/advice would be appreciated!! Cheers guys!

Er.. Shipping issues aside, can someone advise me on this?? Can't really find any input on JH11 in the forum.. Would like to hear one or two comments.. Much appreciated!

Aug 27, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #4,017 of 10,749
The JH13Pro are a very balanced sounding custom. Even if they were not, it doesn't mean that they would not be good for a particular genre or a gamut of musical genres. To put it simply, it is more up to you.

Lovely phones though - that much is certain. I have yet to find a genre which sticks out as a 'no go'.

Aug 27, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #4,018 of 10,749
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The JH13Pro are a very balanced sounding custom. Even if they were not, it doesn't mean that they would not be good for a particular genre or a gamut of musical genres. To put it simply, it is more up to you.

Lovely phones though - that much is certain. I have yet to find a genre which sticks out as a 'no go'.

Any impression of how they compare to your sensaphonics? I have the 2x-s and have ordered the jh-13's so I'm a curious. Thanks.

will

Aug 27, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #4,019 of 10,749
I'm going to ask that there be no more shipping talk in this thread. I do think it's a legit topic, and if I have time later, I'll move posts from this thread and start a separate thread. In the meantime, and I specifically recall asking nicely before, please let's keep this thread somewhat on track so that members just coming to it can find information about the jh13, and not everything else but.

Aug 27, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #4,020 of 10,749

Users who are viewing this thread

Back