Because for some people, they hurt.

And I paid 1100$ for headphones. Um I want them to fit right
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2009 at 8:39 AM Post #4,083 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by blargman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I paid 1100$ for headphones. Um I want them to fit right
biggrin.gif

we're they worth all that moolah??? or do u just have plenty. how much was it to get ur ear molds done?
these shouldnt be such a big decision right...
1K just doesnt buy enuff these days.

Aug 30, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #4,084 of 10,743
I noticed earlier that someone was interested in seeing some critical comparisons between the JH/13 PRO and other IEMs. I'd be interested in reading how the UM3X compares to the JH/13 PRO unamped. qusp mentioned earlier in this thread that there were differences but that these weren't "night and day". Anyone else who has both of these IEMs care to comment?

Aug 30, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #4,086 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed earlier that someone was interested in seeing some critical comparisons between the JH/13 PRO and other IEMs. I'd be interested in reading how the UM3X compares to the JH/13 PRO unamped. qusp mentioned earlier in this thread that there were differences but that these weren't "night and day". Anyone else who has both of these IEMs care to comment?

I'd imagine the JH13 will follow the logical path that any custom IEM does. Crazy hype as the greatest ever followed by the reassuring thought for the rest of the world that can't spring for it or doesn't want to hassle with customs that universal IEMs can come pretty close.

All that being said, I can't wait to get my hands on a pair. Need to sell a few things first however.

Aug 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #4,087 of 10,743
Sorry if this has been covered, I missed it if it was. Will any other cables fit the JH13's? Like UE's Triple Fi for instance. I love these phones big style but am really not impressed by the quality of the cable. Better still a cable upgrade prefereably not costing the earth.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #4,088 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if this has been covered, I missed it if it was. Will any other cables fit the JH13's? Like UE's Triple Fi for instance. I love these phones big style but am really not impressed by the quality of the cable. Better still a cable upgrade prefereably not costing the earth.

Thanks in advance.

I believe UE Custom cables will fit but not the regular ones that fit triple-fi. I haven't tried them myself but I remember reading that somewhere. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Aug 31, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #4,089 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicehead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we're they worth all that moolah??? or do u just have plenty. how much was it to get ur ear molds done?
these shouldnt be such a big decision right...
1K just doesnt buy enuff these days.

I'll tell you when I get them in a week. No I don't have a lot of moola, sold my HF2's and ear+ purist amp to buy these. So they had better be awesome!
smily_headphones1.gif

Ear impresions were 50$ at my audiologist.

Aug 31, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #4,090 of 10,743
The UE cables fit them. Just swapped the cable out this afternoon, as the one from UE is longer overall and has a Y connector further down from the IEMs, two reasons why it is way better.

Aug 31, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #4,092 of 10,743
Yes but as long as I know UE Custom cables and universal cables are different. I believe only the custom cables fit JH13 Pro. However, again, I read this somewhere and never had them to confirm this.

Aug 31, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #4,093 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ok; seems like this needs some clarification; I said it was not 'night and day' because I feel that at this end of the spectrum, the products are very good and I feel that the phrase is not suitable here. not because there is not a significant difference, because there absolutely is!! IMO the JH|13 beat UM3X plus UM56 in every way possible and not by a tiny bit, but its still not 'night and day' IMO. JH|13 has more speed, extension, soundstage, isolation, comfort, musicality, accuracy, detail, balance, clarity, separation, layering, bass slam, texture; I could go on....

UM3X is an excellent universal IEM!! very musical, with a slightly forward midrange (unlike on JH|13, probably along with soundstage and speed, the biggest area of difference) with great detail, non fatiguing, but still quite extended highs, very good but not superb bass extension and slam, loses out considerably in the soundstage department to JH13 IMO, as it has a more intimate presentation. detail, texture, clarity and speed are superior with JH13 (all are related). JH|13 are slightly more balanced as well, with only a slight bump in the sub-bass (welcome
wink.gif
) meaning that they do pretty much all types of music well, the intimate presentation and slightly forward midrange on UM3X means that while its awesome for rock, alternative, some metal and electronica, the JH13 excels in genres like jazz, classical, faster or more layered electronica, speed metal where UM3X does not.

anyway I hope that clears it up a little; i'm going mainly on my memory of UM3x, because I havent popped them in since getting the JH13
wink.gif
its worth saying that IMO UM3X are still the king of universal IEMs, but JH|13 do knock everything up a notch

but I have to say i'm with you guys, the clear cable leaves a lot to be desired; mine is pretty much done as soon as I get some time out, I wont have to worry about it anymore. my stock cable has also gone green already!! in fact it was already starting to when I received it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back