Is anyone happy with just one headphone?
Jul 12, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #122 of 169
Though I've only owned a few full-size cans and can't say from vast experience, I'd be perfectly happy with my M50s. They work great on my tiny 3rd-gen iPod Shuffle (especially when amped), amaze me with the 1/4th plug on my keyboard, even make my low-quality files sound good, and can fold up easily for storage in the provided bag. I'm very careful about storing all my gear, so using them around town isn't a problem so long as I keep track of where they are (usually on my head).

Jul 12, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #123 of 169

Quote:

beerchug.gif

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #124 of 169
Very happy with all six, all bases now covered, IEMs for unobtrusive mobile listening, Grado 325i mainly for Santana, Hendrix and Clapton or any other guitar legend.
Senn HD650s for mellow smooth resolving relaxation  with a great soundstage and air, Denon AH-D5000 for everything really, pixie dust cans good at everything, Fostex T50RP modded orthos, sublime mids, female vocals particularly.
Will not mention the sound isolaters as my metal helmet is at home LoL, ok (Bose) quiet comfort 15s, essential for train and plane travel, yes its true, they do totally cancel out the drone of train and plane engines.

I agree the Bose headphones are great for canceling noise on planes and trains.

On my last trip though, I got a wild idea and tried wearing my ER-6i IEM's underneath my QC2's. Talk about isolation!

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #125 of 169

Quote:
sound wise, yes; practically, no. I need at least one closed, one open and one more for portable use..

Totally agree with you kn19h7, the thing is that is VERY hard to get the same sound signature in the 3 types, because at the end we are not looking for headphones, but the sound signature they deliver.

Jul 13, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #126 of 169
Hell no, I couldn't live without an IEM for scootin' around in the outside world (BLEH THE LIGHT BURNS)

When I'm in the man-cave though, I could pretty much settle down and get married to my Grados. I mean after all they're in bed with me 7 days a week, can go on for hours at a time, and I think about them when I'm not home...

Jul 14, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #128 of 169
You'll be back :wink:

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #131 of 169
A headphone with a switch LCD-2 and HD 800 mode would go a very long way for me. LCD-2 mode would be activated the most I believe.

However I kind of did this experiment the last weeks. Got a temporary apartment and just sent my Audio GD DAC19 DAC/Audio GD C-2.1 amp and the Sony CD 3000 which don´t get much playtime otherwise due to fierce competition.

It´s something relaxing with only having one option of everything and I certainly didn´t have any real issues with it and it sounded great and my ears was so relaxed knowing there is no other option for this :)

Jul 20, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #134 of 169

Well, whoever said I would be back was right (and sooner than either of us thought!)

I am starting to be bothered by the lack of comfort in both of my headphones (the HD380s because of the strong clamping force and stiff padding, the A900s because of the weight, and both because of the hot ears.)

To obtain maximum comfort, I am considering AD900s. The catch is that they are open and I am not sure if I can tolerate that (I returned a pair of open Senns because I didn’t like the background noise, after all.)
Also, there might be a step down in bass performance (albeit mitigated somewhat by the increased soundstage.)

Who here has faced a similar dilemma, and what did you ultimately choose?

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #135 of 169

Quote:
Hahaha spoken truly

So did Mrs. oversized hip , J. Lopez.

Quote:
Count Me In,   on the HD-800's.... All I need.....    IMO, Headphones are kinda' like women.... You can never have to many but sometimes you have to say "This ones just right"!!!

I love what John Travolta said to his partner in "From Paris with love" : " I said that about my ex-girl friends"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back