Is anyone happy with just one headphone?
Jul 11, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #106 of 169
I'm happy with Sennheiser HD800.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #107 of 169
Very happy with all six, all bases now covered, IEMs for unobtrusive mobile listening, Grado 325i mainly for Santana, Hendrix and Clapton or any other guitar legend.
Senn HD650s for mellow smooth resolving relaxation  with a great soundstage and air, Denon AH-D5000 for everything really, pixie dust cans good at everything, Fostex T50RP modded orthos, sublime mids, female vocals particularly.
Will not mention the sound isolaters as my metal helmet is at home LoL, ok (Bose) quiet comfort 15s, essential for train and plane travel, yes its true, they do totally cancel out the drone of train and plane engines.

Jul 12, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #110 of 169

Quote:
Can't Imagine why anyone would want more than one headphone, so long as it's the right one.

For the same reasons people have more than one pair of shoes, or more than one set of clothes, or want to eat different foods, or listen to more than one CD.

Variety is the spice of life.

Jul 12, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #111 of 169

Quote:
So, in my head-fi journey thus far, I've been through a few different headphones and have found that there really isn't one headphone that is the "end-all" set of cans for me. I've realized that this is really due to my changing mood and music types. Depending on whether I want to analyze what I'm listening to, or just groove to a nice jam, or have Diana Krall caress my ears, I'll reach for something out of the tiny collection that I've got.

So, since what I'm looking for in my listening experience changes all the time, depending on mood and listening material, I don't think it is possible *for me* to have be happy with just one set of headphones.

-Vik

Isn't that what we all been trying to do lol 
if it has to be one i'd say Orethos or SR-009 lol 

Jul 12, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #112 of 169
I could be happy with just the T1. It's a great all-rounder with seemingly endless capabilities.
However, the Beyerdynamic is not closed and not portable. So no.

For more bass and more energy I have the PRO 900. It's semi-portable (for train and plane or to take with to a hotel) and it blocks out noise.

For emergencies I always have the HJE900 in my jacket to fix my quick music needs or if I don't feel like drawing attention.

If any of these headphones would break or need to get replaced I would get exactly the same pair again. This threesome really covers all my needs! I'm happy, now testing different equipment and, eventually, will then move on to speakers, haha.

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #113 of 169
Yes, happy with HD 600's SQ wise. Don't like their greed for juice or the fact that they are open (i like sound isolation). SQ wise, I get lost in the music and feel like i'm connected with the music without headphones inbetween, nothing i've experienced with other headphones, but then again the only other high end headphoens i've ever tried are hd 650s grado 325, m50, equation rp 21, bose and monster (lol)

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #114 of 169
Looks like I have flip-flopped again. After preferring the HD380s for a while, I am now back to the A900s as my favorites. (In fact, I think that they desreve their own appreciation thread, and I haven't seen one.)

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #115 of 169
Heya,

I cannot be happy with one headphone. I can be happy with one dac and one amp though. I like switching things around. I sometimes want a colored headphone. Sometimes I want neutral. It depends on my mood. I like to change it up often. I routinely have two pairs of headphones running from two sources and will swap between them to monitor something and compare. I'd rather spend $1,000 on several fun headphones than a single headphone. It's just more fun to me. And I like to look at them in a row on their stands and stuff. Kind of a collection type thing as well as a listening thing.

Very best,

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #117 of 169
sound wise, yes; practically, no. I need at least one closed, one open and one more for portable use..

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #118 of 169

Quote:
To be honest, almost any decent pair of headphones would be fine as a long term all arounder for most people. What makes it not so is that this is a site built around hobbiests. So you do get sucked into it.

I guess my "hobby" is the music, and not the gear.  I'm definitely not sucked into it (the gear) and would rather set it and forget it.  I've been doing it long enough to know exactly what I like, so that's pretty straightforward for me.  I am very content with a single pair of headphones (and a single pair of speakers which I listen to more often than headphones). I'd find having more choices to be truly annoying...anything that distracts me from enjoying the music becomes a buzzkill for me.   Now if you ask about the music...at about 2000 albums and counting I am always looking for something new.  Happy?  As long as I have music.  I could be happy with it coming out of my car radio if that was all I was limited to, so having a great system that brings me so much closer to it on a regular basis is just icing on the cake. 

Jul 12, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #119 of 169
I'm happy with K701.
biggrin.gif

Before I thought of collecting many headphones. I only have 2 headphones but my Grado SR60 is gathering dust already.
I can live with only one very best headphone!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back