[Impression] FiiO E10
Nov 5, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #1,036 of 1,324
Quote:
no it doesn't. The line out bypasses the internal amp I think. Switch the cable to a thinner one and still no joy... guess my line out connector is loose. :frowning2:

It bypasses both the dac and amp? Figures since i cant seem to control nothing from the lineout. Also what do you mean by the switch cable stuff?can't you connect the jack to the line out plug?

regards,

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #1,038 of 1,324
Quote:
Do you people have used the coaxial out?

Since my laptop doesn't have optical out, I'm thinking of using the E10 coaxial out for 5.1 doby encoded output (using it as pass-through).

Has anyone used the E10 to feed a receiver with 5.1 encoded signal?

I read E10 uses the Tenor TE7022L USB receiver, so it should, in theory, have NON-PCM (Dolby Digital/dts) Pass Through support...

I know this question is old, but this is still the first result on Google for "E10 coax pass-through", and it's not answered yet here or on any other page I could find.

Yes, the E10 coax will pass through non-PCM signals such as Dolby Digital (AC3) or dts unchanged and will thus allow computers with no digital output to be connected to digital receivers which have a coax input.

I have tested this with my [Xubuntu 12.10 (PulseAudio) -> E10 -> 5.1 AC3/dts decoder] setup. Simply start the PulseAudio volume control (pavucontrol), set the output profile in the "Configuration" tab to "Digital Stereo (IEC958) Output", and select the codecs your decoder can handle in the "Output Devices" tab. While passing through anything that's not PCM the E10 analogue out will output garbage though, so turn down the amplifier.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #1,039 of 1,324
is the E10 just a DAC or is a DAC/Amp combo?

i see it referenced everywhere as simply a DAC so I want to be sure.

thanks

Nov 16, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #1,040 of 1,324
is the E10 just a DAC or is a DAC/Amp combo?

i see it referenced everywhere as simply a DAC so I want to be sure.

thanks

First post?

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #1,042 of 1,324
Yes.
popcorn.gif

Nov 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #1,043 of 1,324
The E10 cant be connected to an ipod and be used on the go, right?

I thought i read someone mention doing this, but based on most of the material Ive read it doesnt have batteries so you cant use it as a portable.

Can someone provide some input on this?

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #1,044 of 1,324
Correct Max,

The E10 is USB powered only (from a PC/Mac etc) - it has no batteries and no other way to be powered by a portable device e.g. iPod/iPhone

If you need a portable DAC/AMP in one box solution then the E17 would suffice. If you only need/want an amp them the E11 would do the job for less outlay.

Note - I only have very brief exposure to the E10 and have not heard the E11 or E17 so I am only commenting on the portability and NOT offering any comparison of the sound quality etc

O

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #1,045 of 1,324
thanks for all the info.

i was initially planning to get the e17, but since i dont need portability and heard that the e10 and e17 have similar SQ, I may go for the E10 to see if I want an amp at all.  if i'm impressed i'll move up to the much better stuff.

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #1,046 of 1,324
So today I received a Fiio E10. My M80's work fine using the line out port, but when plugged into the headphone port, the sound is super warped, like there is no trebble. The sound however does sound fine if I stick in the jack like halfway and turn it in a certain position.

However, when testing my Brainwavz M2's on the E10, I found that they sound perfectly fine when plugged into the headphone port. To complicate matters further, I tried both cables that came with the M80s, and both result in warped sound.

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #1,047 of 1,324
The E10 doesn't work well with mic'd cables.

Much like old nokia and some  samsung phones the ground prong on the headphone jack is reversed from the standard. The simple way to fix this is to have a inverted adaptor (http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronic_TRRS_Adapter_for_P_Version_Headphones_p/adptr-trrs-35.htm). That or have the mic depressed the whole time.

Although I thought Fiio fixed the newest batch of e10s for this issue...

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #1,048 of 1,324
I just bought a fiio e10 from adorama during its black friday sale. when i plugged it in, i was honestly amazed. i have it connected to a lepai 2020A+ for my speakers and sennheiser hd 280's. however i have been hearing a clicking/hissing/popping sound from my right ear phone, I only hear it from time to time and only when I'm not playing anything or if the volume is low on my itunes/media player classic. suffice to  say it is incredibly frustrating, b/c i hear the potential of the e10 but I cant fully enjoy it b/c of the sound that i hear.

I apologize if this question was addressed already, I read about 10 pages from 50 - 60 (I googled fiio e10 popping sound) and brought me to this head-fi thread, but it seems as if that question went unanswered from where i started reading.

EDIT: I have the olympus version of the fiio e10 (presumably this is the new batch)

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #1,049 of 1,324
Hi, I am going to buy Audio Technica ATH-AD700 headphones that will be used mainly for gaming / movies on my desktop. Therefore I would like to upgrade my on-boar sound card (realtek HD). Do you think that it is better to buy Fiio E10 or some Internal sound card (like ASUS Xonar DX/XD Retail or something similar) for +- same money ? Or, I am thinking about Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional as well, is it worth the money?

Thanks for help.

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #1,050 of 1,324
Quote:
I just bought a fiio e10 from adorama during its black friday sale. when i plugged it in, i was honestly amazed. i have it connected to a lepai 2020A+ for my speakers and sennheiser hd 280's. however i have been hearing a clicking/hissing/popping sound from my right ear phone, I only hear it from time to time and only when I'm not playing anything or if the volume is low on my itunes/media player classic. suffice to  say it is incredibly frustrating, b/c i hear the potential of the e10 but I cant fully enjoy it b/c of the sound that i hear.

I apologize if this question was addressed already, I read about 10 pages from 50 - 60 (I googled fiio e10 popping sound) and brought me to this head-fi thread, but it seems as if that question went unanswered from where i started reading.

EDIT: I have the olympus version of the fiio e10 (presumably this is the new batch)

Has anyone answered you via PM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back