[Impression] FiiO E10
Sep 29, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #1,021 of 1,324
What is the reputation of the E10 matched with the Pro 900?

It seems like a perfect match, I don't need the portability of the E17.

Sep 29, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #1,022 of 1,324
Hi guys,

I am new here. I got one of the new E10s but unfortunately lots of crackling sounds with both my Sony MDR-V6 and my Shure SRH440

headphones. I tried some alumnium foil for shielding and it seemed  to help a little but not great still. The crackling was especially present

when I was not playing music but also during playing. I d like the E10s' sound over my mac mini's headphone jack but the noise is not acceptable.

Will send it back to amazon and I might try a E7, maybe that is better?

Since I am using Mac OS Lion I could not try and switch some of the settings to see if that would fix the issue.

I'd order a M USB to M Mini-USB adapter for a couple of dollars.

Made the E10 much better and if you attach it to a powered USB slot, even nicer.

The E7 is a step down per Headfonia's Mike.

Sep 29, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #1,023 of 1,324
Quote:
I'd order a M USB to M Mini-USB adapter for a couple of dollars.
Made the E10 much better and if you attach it to a powered USB slot, even nicer.
The E7 is a step down per Headfonia's Mike.

are you implying that the supplied USB cable is faulty? That s what I heard about the E7, but if the E10
crackels and has interference I would not call that good either.

Sep 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #1,024 of 1,324
are you implying that the supplied USB cable is faulty? That s what I heard about the E7, but if the E10
crackels and has interference I would not call that good either.

Received the first batch E10 awhile ago with a flimsy cord which I later added to an unpowered usb irocks hub.

Perhaps if the E10 had a better cable at the time, or a ferrite cable, it would not sound so much better after a $2.50 adapter was plugged into the powered USB slot.

My E10 was on 16-bit output as it has been claimed that its 24 bit is only 16.2 bits effective.

Again, we are talking about the first batch which was a step up from my nice connexant laptop audio.

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #1,025 of 1,324
Quote:
Received the first batch E10 awhile ago with a flimsy cord which I later added to an unpowered usb irocks hub.
Perhaps if the E10 had a better cable at the time, or a ferrite cable, it would not sound so much better after a $2.50 adapter was plugged into the powered USB slot.
My E10 was on 16-bit output as it has been claimed that its 24 bit is only 16.2 bits effective.
Again, we are talking about the first batch which was a step up from my nice connexant laptop audio.

well I can report that it helps a little bit. But unfortunately I can only get it 99% silent if I wrap it in aluminum foil.
You might see where that is a little inconvenient. (it is enough that I have to wrap the cables going to the amp in my lab in foil..)

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #1,032 of 1,324
I recently got hold of one of the older E10's, with the loose headphone jack. Has anyone on head-fi tried to replace the jack with something from the local electronics shop? It doesn't bother me at the moment (I only notice it when I'm actually removing my headphones), but I read a couple of guys found it annoying.

I asked uncle Google if he knew of someone that did this, but he came up empty handed.

PS, I love the sound. I'm new to the whole audiophile game and this, together with my headphones, was my first serious buy.

Nov 4, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #1,033 of 1,324
tried outputting the e10 to a lp 2020A+. Don't know if its my cable or the line out jack is loose but I need to angle the lineout wire slightly downwards to get stereo sound (using the uber thick 3.5mm to rca from monoprice). :frowning2:

Still having no problems with the headphone jack but I seldom remove my phones from the e10.

Nov 4, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #1,034 of 1,324
Does the line out jack get affected by volume/gain/bass? it doesn't seem so. i tried to connect to another amp and if i turned the volume up on the e10 nothing happened. is this supposed to be like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back