[Impression] FiiO E10
Apr 20, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #901 of 1,324
There's no drivers though, it's a Mac.
frown.gif

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #902 of 1,324
There's no drivers though, it's a Mac.:frowning2:

There is still a driver inside, you just need to find it. It is the driver for USB Audio Class 1, an universal audio driver supported by all modern OS, including Mac.

Apr 21, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #903 of 1,324
I just purchased the E10s(should be the rev 2 because of the silver headphone jack). However, I have encountered a problem where music occasionally freezes/pauses for a fraction of a second in Foobar2000 with the WASAPI plugin installed. I have it connected directly to my laptop via USB, and both the line out and headphone out has the same problem.

Does anyone know what's the issue here?

Apr 21, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #904 of 1,324

Quote:
I just purchased the E10s(should be the rev 2 because of the silver headphone jack). However, I have encountered a problem where music occasionally freezes/pauses for a fraction of a second in Foobar2000 with the WASAPI plugin installed. I have it connected directly to my laptop via USB, and both the line out and headphone out has the same problem.

Does anyone know what's the issue here?

Try playing with buffer lengths on the "playback / output" tab ?

Apr 21, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #905 of 1,324

Quote:

Try playing with buffer lengths on the "playback / output" tab ?

How do I access it? I don't see a setting to adjust the buffer length under Preferences->Playback.

On another note, how do I access the E10's driver software? When I connect the device to my PC, it pretty much started working immediately,without the driver setup popping up as depicted in the instruction manual.

Apr 21, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #906 of 1,324

Quote:

How do I access it? I don't see a setting to adjust the buffer length under Preferences->Playback.

On another note, how do I access the E10's driver software? When I connect the device to my PC, it pretty much started working immediately,without the driver setup popping up as depicted in the instruction manual.

The "Playback" section is followed by two further menus : DSP Manager and Output. Clicking on Output gives you the "Device" selection. Below that, you'll find "Buffer Lengths". I've set it, somewhat randomly, to 220 ms and have had no freezing.
To access drivers, if I understand you correctly, go to your configuration panel, audio hardware, and click on sound. The E10 should show up as SPDIF interface. Bear in mind I don't use Windows in English, so the terms I've used might be awry.  

Apr 21, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #907 of 1,324

Quote:

The "Playback" section is followed by two further menus : DSP Manager and Output. Clicking on Output gives you the "Device" selection. Below that, you'll find "Buffer Lengths". I've set it, somewhat randomly, to 220 ms and have had no freezing.
To access drivers, if I understand you correctly, go to your configuration panel, audio hardware, and click on sound. The E10 should show up as SPDIF interface. Bear in mind I don't use Windows in English, so the terms I've used might be awry.  

Thanks! Your tip to access the drivers work. Might have to experiment with the buffer settings.

Apr 22, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #910 of 1,324
So I have the 2nd version of this and I think my headphone jack is starting to give out :frowning2: I bought this from MP4Nation around November. 

Does anyone have experience dealing with MP4Nation? Will they replace/fix my e10, and if they do will they charge me shipping or fees? The crackling isn't too bad but I can forsee it getting worse.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #911 of 1,324

Quote:
So I have the 2nd version of this and I think my headphone jack is starting to give out :frowning2: I bought this from MP4Nation around November. 

Does anyone have experience dealing with MP4Nation? Will they replace/fix my e10, and if they do will they charge me shipping or fees? The crackling isn't too bad but I can forsee it getting worse.

It does get worse and worse because I have the same issue with the loose headphone jack. Mine is beyond bearable now (especially during youtube videos) and I really regret buying this product. Kinda sad because originally I really loved my e10 but this has really put me off the brand.

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #912 of 1,324
It seems FiiO didn't implement any circuits to get rid of interferences from mobile phones. It's kind of annoying at times.

Apr 26, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #913 of 1,324
I have a second preorder batch E10 from Mp4nation it is the silver jack which is fine even with a heavy denon d2000 cable jack in it.  

Heres My 2c on onboard vs fiio, I noticed a improvement in SQ upgrading from dell onboard (***** base SQ, harddrive noises, pops etc) to the E7 and a set up again to the E10.  Could decent onboard be just as good maybe but an E10 is entry level.

One factor to mention the bass boost is far better than using software EQ and IMO is worth the DAC price alone.

The E10 is my work set up, is it as good as my home system (Essence STX and Matric M-stage) no but that cost several times more but its not a million miles away.

I've been a fan of Fiio because I think they offer good value and for me been totally reliable (E7,E11,E10) the quick revisions should put more confidence in Fiio not less as they are identiying and acting on issues found.

I 've just ordered the e17 I hope this offers a further step up in SQ which most reviews suggest.

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #914 of 1,324

I just bought a Fiio E10 Dac/amp to use at my desk. Going from my iPhone to the E10 is about a 10% improvement in SQ with the GR07. I wasn't expecting a world of change because I know that the GR07 doesn't really need to be amped, but it's refreshing not to have to deal with my laptop's noisy HPO anymore. SQ wise, it's pretty darn good. Imaging is great, timbre is great, and it adds some air to the sound that helps with clarity. Maybe that's the effect of the added  power.

Thanks for yet another great product Fiio.

May 1, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #915 of 1,324

Quote:
I've been using the Fiio E10 for a few weeks. It's sounds good and all but there is one problem I just can't seem to figure out.

When I set it to 16 bit everything is fine but as soon as I switch to 24 bit, there is a 1 second delay on my music and even the OS sounds. The sample rate doesn't causeany issues like this.

For example, if I play any song that starts out right away it will skip the first beat.

Any ideas?

I have this same issue, was it ever figured out? Also trying to decide if the E10 sounds any different than my onboard audio. I do notice some distortion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back