[Impression] FiiO E10
Apr 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #886 of 1,324
I don't think anyone in this thread (or any E10 thread) has proclaimed E10 as an absolute upgrade to any other soundcard, on-board or external. Hype is where someone is blindly believe in one product and trying to convince / mislead others to believe so, and so far I don't think that's the case here. I certainly believe there are other much better sound card out there. But just like any review, you can't assume a product is going to be great just because it has found to be great for 99.99% of all the user (*just a figure of speech, which can be any number). You'll never know whether you are the 0.01% or not without trying out for yourself. If you simply doesn't think E10 has done it for you, I'll suggest you to return or resell it and perhaps move on to something better. There is no point of dreaming that burn-in will magically make everything better.

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #887 of 1,324
Thanks for your replies Papander & ClieOS.

I've seen a few posts here and elsewhere, where an E10 has not yielded any improvement
in SQ over an onboard Realtek card. I've also seen posts claiming night and day results.
With such a subjective subject, as ClieOS rightly says, you have to try it for yourself.

I've got a 30 day return policy, so I'll give it another week and then make a decision. Perhaps it will burn itself in by then !
I'll then decide whether to try another (more expensive ?) DAC or maybe I'll try an upgrade to my HD-497s instead.

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #888 of 1,324
I got my E10 today, i really like this little sweet Monster xD

Before i had a Creative X-Fi Music with a solderd [size=x-small]LM4562 opamp. [/size]The E10 sounds a LITTLE bit better.

Pros: cheap, little, nice sound, great design.
Cons:  no mic input, headphone in is awry, bass boost button (What there should be a mic input instead), "short" usb connecting cable.

Edit: headphones -> DT770 250 Ohm

Apr 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #890 of 1,324
Honestly I'd really like to reiterate my experience with it versus Realtek.

What I found switching over using the DAC side to power my speakers, I found a low end that was more detail but only slightly stronger, while I found that I was then able to turn off my equalizer in Foobar 2k and get my mid range back into the music. The highs were no longer as harsh as well. It more or less just made things more controlled.
The difference wasn't night and day, but it definitely made a difference.

Apr 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #892 of 1,324
tattare - the E10 I got in the UK last week looks like this

http://cdn.apple-gadgets.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/fiio-e10_008-584x328.jpg

The headphone jack is silver and metallic.

Apr 16, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #895 of 1,324

Quote:
Very sorry,  reversion 1 has silver RCA  jack. reversion 2 has golden RCA jack, reversion 3 has not released yet.

mp4nation is saying they have the 3rd revision...?  
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #898 of 1,324
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked. I have searched this thread and it seems like the FiiO e10 is indeed compatible with Macbook Pros.
For some reason there is no response when I plug in my new FiiO to my Mac. The blue light switches on, but my Mac doesn't recognize/realize a new device has been plugged in, and no sound comes out when I plug in my headphones to the jack (well, sound comes out of my laptop, but not from the FiiO).

Can anyone tell me what is going on/if there is anything I should do?

Thanks,

EDIT: Found out what it was *slaps forehead*
For those who are newb like me, basically go to "Sound" on System preferences, click the Output tab and switch the device.

Cheers :D Everything sounds good. 

Apr 19, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #899 of 1,324
Just got mine. I got some pretty wicked distortion out of it no matter if it's on headphones or into my home amp. I recorded this from the line out to the input on my Mac.

http://soundcloud.com/jimmy-5-3/What-fiio-e10

Pretty safe to say it's broken, right?

It's a 1st gen btw.

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #900 of 1,324
Just got mine. I got some pretty wicked distortion out of it no matter if it's on headphones or into my home amp. I recorded this from the line out to the input on my Mac.

http://soundcloud.com/jimmy-5-3/What-fiio-e10

Pretty safe to say it's broken, right?

It's a 1st gen btw.

Not necessary. I have an incident where E10 becomes distorted after a computer crash and restart. Everything seems well except the audio driver was corrupted and E10 will distort all the time. Once I reinstall the driver and restart the PC, everything went to to normal. The quickest way to check is to try E10 on different PC and see it will distort or not. If it doesn't, then the problem is in your PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back