[Impression] FiiO E10
Nov 13, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #331 of 1,324

Quote:
Bad news - the headphone out is getting looser.  It's now at the point where if I bump the input cable too much, sound cuts out on the left channel.  This is probably at least partially the fault of the massive 1/4" to 1/8" adapter that Sennheiser uses on the HD555.  It puts a lot of stress on the jack.  But I also notice it with a simple extension cable, so the Sennheiser adapter isn't the only cause.  I may have to send it in if it gets any worse.

You shouldn't have used that adapter to begin with, get one with wire in between the two jacks. (Grado and Sennheiser makes one).

Nov 13, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #333 of 1,324

Quote:
You shouldn't have used that adapter to begin with, get one with wire in between the two jacks. (Grado and Sennheiser makes one).

Shouldn't matter if you use an adapter or not.

Quote:
Bad news - the headphone out is getting looser.  It's now at the point where if I bump the input cable too much, sound cuts out on the left channel.  This is probably at least partially the fault of the massive 1/4" to 1/8" adapter that Sennheiser uses on the HD555.  It puts a lot of stress on the jack.  But I also notice it with a simple extension cable, so the Sennheiser adapter isn't the only cause.  I may have to send it in if it gets any worse.

Exactly the same thing happened to me using the Grado 1/4 to 1/8 adapter.  Micca will replace mine, but I just got a notification that they are out of stock and won't have anymore until the end of this month. So it will be about a month without the E10.

Nov 14, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #334 of 1,324

Quote:
Shouldn't matter if you use an adapter or not.

Exactly - I knew it wasn't ideal, but it seemed sturdy enough that I wouldn't need to pay an extra $15 for an adapter.  And this is only after about 2 weeks of use with fairly gentle treatment.

Quote:

Exactly the same thing happened to me using the Grado 1/4 to 1/8 adapter.  Micca will replace mine, but I just got a notification that they are out of stock and won't have anymore until the end of this month. So it will be about a month without the E10.

Fortunately mine is still functional - I'll just baby it for now.  I'm running everything through a 3.5mm extension cable for now, which seems to be more stable.  I have to actually try to move it to get the sound to cut out rather than it just cutting out at random with the Senn adapter.  Not sure if it's going to get sent in since I was thinking of getting a full-size amp (E9 or Asgard) at a later date to hook into the E10's line out, which would negate the need for the headphone out.

Nov 16, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #336 of 1,324
Hi Guys,

I just got the E10 and i tried it on my Macbook but nothing came out form my earphones. Instead, the sound was coming from the macbook. 
Is there any configuration i need to do for it to work? Thanks.

Nov 16, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #338 of 1,324
Anyone own Fiio e10 and FiioD3? Hows is the DAC by comparing both of them. As far as i know, fiio d3 has optical port and able to convet to 24/192k sample rate. what fiio d3 is only cost for $30 bucks.

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #339 of 1,324

Quote:

Its not the fault of the adapter, I've had my e10 about two weeks and this morning I lost the left audio stream completely. At first it was just some occasional crackling, but now its shot. i'm running a pair of 770's out of it, and it sits on the desk next to my chair, doesnt get moved at all while i'm using it. I'm sending mine back in to Amazon tomorrow morning. It sucks cause they are out of stock everywhere :/

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #340 of 1,324

Quote:

Its not the fault of the adapter, I've had my e10 about two weeks and this morning I lost the left audio stream completely. At first it was just some occasional crackling, but now its shot. i'm running a pair of 770's out of it, and it sits on the desk next to my chair, doesnt get moved at all while i'm using it. I'm sending mine back in to Amazon tomorrow morning. It sucks cause they are out of stock everywhere :/

I think that my adapter is at least partly to blame - I'm using it with an extension cable now and it doesn't cut out at all unless I push the input jack around pretty firmly.  Just sitting there, it has no problems.

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #344 of 1,324
So, I ordered an E10 last week from Micca (it gets here tommorow!), and I must have gotten the last of the batch b/c they went out of stock after that.

I've been trying to catch up on this thread, and I've seen some compliants about quality control (headphone out being flaky, buzzing sounds).

Was there a bad batch, or is this just run of the mill for the E10 and I should just roll with whatever the E10 ends up doing ^ ? (versus doing and exchange with Micca)

Thanks

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #345 of 1,324

Quote:
So, I ordered an E10 last week from Micca (it gets here tommorow!), and I must have gotten the last of the batch b/c they went out of stock after that.

I've been trying to catch up on this thread, and I've seen some compliants about quality control (headphone out being flaky, buzzing sounds).

Was there a bad batch, or is this just run of the mill for the E10 and I should just roll with whatever the E10 ends up doing ^ ? (versus doing and exchange with Micca)

Thanks

Just treat it gently.  Don't stress the headphone jack and you should be fine.  Not much you can do if it turns out to be noisy, but that doesn't seem like a common problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back