[Impression] FiiO E10
Oct 28, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #211 of 1,324
I also want to add a note about MP4Nation. They claim they didn't get enough E10 stock and I was put onto the second batch (and I had to find that out rather than being informed). At the time I also ordered a Novo8 tablet and waited several days for shipping with nothing sent to me- I inquired and they immediately sent me a tracking number that didn't work for 9 days. I inquired again with the only reply being a new tracking number that actually seems to be valid. I feel like they are playing a delay tactic as they are out of stock or something similar. I will not be buying from them again. I cancelled the E10 order and went with Micca and that worked out great.

Oct 28, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #212 of 1,324

Quote:
I also want to add a note about MP4Nation. They claim they didn't get enough E10 stock and I was put onto the second batch (and I had to find that out rather than being informed). At the time I also ordered a Novo8 tablet and waited several days for shipping with nothing sent to me- I inquired and they immediately sent me a tracking number that didn't work for 9 days. I inquired again with the only reply being a new tracking number that actually seems to be valid. I feel like they are playing a delay tactic as they are out of stock or something similar. I will not be buying from them again. I cancelled the E10 order and went with Micca and that worked out great.

I bought mine from Micca as well - ordered Monday and it arrived Thursday with standard shipping.  Excellent service.

Quote:

The 242 can get a bit bright, I believe - I am getting the impression that E10 might be on the bright side?

It's been described as having a slightly dark sound.  I'm not sure I agree completely though - with the bass boost on, it can be pretty dark, but with it off, it's fairly transparent.  I don't have the 242 though, so I can't say whether or not the E10 will complement it.

Oct 28, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #213 of 1,324

Quote:

I'd have to agree about Micca. I think I asked them a question Friday evening and got a response within 10 minutes or so. I then ordered my E10 that same night and got a tracking number and it was shipping Saturday morning. That definitely was a great experience thats amazing esp since Micca is on the same time zone as I am.

I will be ordering from them again if I buy another Fiio product.

Oct 28, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #214 of 1,324
Thumbs up for Micca as well.  Spectacular service, fast shipping, a no nonsense buying experiences.  I've purchased all Fiio products from them.   They seem to have a good business model and discipline.

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #219 of 1,324
Damn I just ordered from mp4nation and I'm starting to regret ordering from their store. I hope it arrives by thanksgiving.

Oct 30, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #222 of 1,324
Guess I'm not the only one pissed with mp4nation. I was also shoved into the second batch after ordering the first pre-order. I even asked if they could expedite my shipping using a faster service, but their response was a no. This will definitely be my first and last purchase from them.

Oct 30, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #225 of 1,324
Yes I had an order once with them and I got really frustrated by waiting so long and then ended up getting a refund and even that took a week. I'm sure you will eventually get your amps but I knew that when the E10 came out so I waited for micca store to have them in stock before I bought them.

It seems like this thread is turning into a shipping thread on the E10 instead of impressions :p I'm a bit curious but what do people think of the E10 as a dac only? I don't have a RCA to mini cable so I am unable to compare with any of my amps but was wondering how good or bad it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back