[Impression] FiiO E10
Oct 15, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #61 of 1,324

Quote:
I just bought one of these as my first USB dac / headphone amp, will I be able to use the 3.5mm lineout to connect speakers? I'm planning on getting a t amp and bookshelves that have RCA on the back so I would just use a RCA to 3.5 adapter and it should work right?

This: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=5597&seq=1&format=2
And speaker wire like this: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10239&cs_id=1023902&p_id=2748&seq=1&format=2
I have this T-amp and like it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-M-S-L-SA-S3-TA2021B-25W-2-4-Stereo-Power-Amplifier-/220873544285?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item336d16d25d#ht_8264wt_1163

Good luck

Oct 16, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #62 of 1,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

RE: E9 - wait for E17 or get the E10

Thanks. I'll probably do the same (waiting for E17) if I were in the same situation.

I was going through this thread and was reading about the E15 and how it might possibly stack up against the E7+E9 and more closely, the upcoming E17+E9.

Based on pure speculation, what is your opinion on the E15 in comparison to an E17+E9 combo in terms of power output and sound quality?

Like many other E7+E9 owners, I am wondering which upgrade path to take that would yield the best in terms of performance.

The impression I got was that the E15, being a true desktop amp and DAC solution, would probably benefit from having a larger form factor thus allowing a better DAC and amp component. In theory, this would make the E15 better than the E17+E9 combination as the E17 is limited because of its portability. I'm very curious to see a head to head comparison of the E15 vs E17+E9 when both products are available. The difference in sound quality and output, if neglible, would make either product a solid choice and the only real deciding factor would be portability.

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #63 of 1,324

Quote:
[...]

Third, Tiny Tube DAC is based on the same TPA6120 found on E9’s amp section, so it too has quite a lot of power behinds it. The interesting bit about the Tiny Tube DAC is that it doesn’t really sound like a tube gear. It is rather clean, bright and highly detail, certainly the most detail sounding among the four and opposite to the classic FiiO warm sound. As far as detail and soundstage are concerned, Tiny Tube DAC is definitely ahead. But it is also less texture and pickier on synergy. Overall I’ll still prefer Tiny Tube DAC just a little over E7+E9 and E10, but the same can’t be said when E9 is pairing with E10. Do note than both E9 and Tiny Tube DAC has rather high output impedance so low impedance IEM (especially BA based IEM) might sound more accurate / linear on the E10.

So the Tiny Tube is better than the E10... have you reviewed it seperately? Just curious.

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #64 of 1,324

Quote:

I was going through this thread and was reading about the E15 and how it might possibly stack up against the E7+E9 and more closely, the upcoming E17+E9.

Based on pure speculation, what is your opinion on the E15 in comparison to an E17+E9 combo in terms of power output and sound quality?

Like many other E7+E9 owners, I am wondering which upgrade path to take that would yield the best in terms of performance.
The impression I got was that the E15, being a true desktop amp and DAC solution, would probably benefit from having a larger form factor thus allowing a better DAC and amp component. In theory, this would make the E15 better than the E17+E9 combination as the E17 is limited because of its portability. I'm very curious to see a head to head comparison of the E15 vs E17+E9 when both products are available. The difference in sound quality and output, if neglible, would make either product a solid choice and the only real deciding factor would be portability. 

Actually I think E15 is very likely to be E17+E9 in nature, or at least E17+more power. As far as I know the hardware of E17 and E15 has not been finalized yet, so it is hard to say how they will compare even on spec. But I would think E17 and E15's DAC section should be very similar. The main difference should be on the amp section.

Quote:

So the Tiny Tube is better than the E10... have you reviewed it seperately? Just curious.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/550692/impression-ber-muzik-tiny-tube-dac

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #66 of 1,324
Well, I have to be honest. I'm really impressed by this little thing. The sound is excellent, there is plenty of juice to run power hungry full-sized headphones, and the build quality is excellent. I'm not really qualified to give anything close to a review, but I will say that I'm impressed by it. I would call it pretty neutral, nothing really gets emphasized on my FA-002ws. Perhaps its a bit warm, if anything.

If I were to find a fault, it would be that the included USB cable is a little bit shorter than what I would have liked, but for some it might be perfect or even too long.

Edit: Okay the bass boost is actually kind of massive. It sounds pretty good though, I can't notice any significant harm done to the rest of the spectrum with my FA-002ws. Makes them actually very nice for dubstep, and I can turn it off for other genres and enjoy the natural bass. Can't believe the bass boost works this well, but then again I've never had a hardware bass boost before. Man that makes me happy.

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #67 of 1,324
It does not look like my E10 will be delivered today so I'm hoping to pick it up Thursday. The tracking said it went to the post office that it usually goes to before going to my local post office and that was after noon so I'll get it sometime this week. If all works out I'll pick up my headphones and E10 at the post office that day.

I'll find out soon enough how it does will harder to drive headphones or at least just the DT880 since I don't have a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter but I could pick one up if i really wanted to.

Oct 17, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #68 of 1,324
It does not look like my E10 will be delivered today so I'm hoping to pick it up Thursday. The tracking said it went to the post office that it usually goes to before going to my local post office and that was after noon so I'll get it sometime this week. If all works out I'll pick up my headphones and E10 at the post office that day.

I'll find out soon enough how it does will harder to drive headphones or at least just the DT880 since I don't have a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter but I could pick one up if i really wanted to.

Can't put my FA-011s over 4.5/8 at high gain, even on a song that's 80% sub-bass, anything else maxes at 4/8, or 3-3.5/8 for metal. These things also suck juice to a ridiculous level. Hope that helps.

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #69 of 1,324
Well that's just part of it so not the whole story. I've had amps where my headphones went plenty loud but it wasn't being driven properly. I don't expect the E10 to fully drive any of my orthos or the DT880 however but I'll just use it for  customs.

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #70 of 1,324
Well that's just part of it so not the whole story. I've had amps where my headphones went plenty loud but it wasn't being driven properly. I don't expect the E10 to fully drive any of my orthos or the DT880 however but I'll just use it for  customs.

What I was saying was under the assumption that it did in fact drive the headphones properly. The E10 will drive the FA-011, with a decent amount of volume left. So there might be a chance that it does alright with your Beyers.

Oct 17, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #71 of 1,324

I'd like to share my unboxing video of the FiiO E10!

I also made size comparisons with the FiiO E7 and E11.

Hope you enjoy! Please feel free to check out my other videos. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #72 of 1,324
Tuesday, and already delivered to California!

Thanks Micca, AMAZING speed :)

And..this thing is tiny...

Now to wait for LCD-2 to test the DAC, and for Ed8 to test the amp :)

Oct 17, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #73 of 1,324
^That's exactly where I bought mine!

Micca definitely has amazing speed. You will fall in love instantlyy~

Oct 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #74 of 1,324
I ordered mine from there as well but for some reason USPS sent them to a post office that is not my local post office so it's going back to the previous one and then to my local one. Hopefully it attempts delivery tomorrow or wednesday so I can pick it up after work on thursday.

A short usb cable would be good for me as I'm only using it with my netbook as my main usage but I got plenty of those.

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #75 of 1,324
I'm waiting for E10 to be available on Amazon because I still have gift card funds left.

Anyone know when Micca will ship their E10 through Amazon? It seems they're only available through their website right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back